Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #141

Do any of the LNCs have the bad worm gears and too many shims installed?
only_in_a_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #142
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by only_in_a_yj View Post
Do any of the LNCs have the bad worm gears and too many shims installed?
Prob not... Doesn't hurt to check though
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #143
Pebble Pounder

just thought some of you might like to know but my worm were getting really hot like 130 up front and 150 in back. the shims are correct and they were the right cut on the gears. i was using a HD marine grease and they were still getting hot so i thought i might try a different grease. I got the mobile 1 synthetic all purpose grease because it has a drip point of 350 degrees and the synthetics soak into the metal a bit better and it works awesome dropped the temps down ALOT. down to 90-95 in front and 100-110 in back.
omenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #144

I was running hot temps in the rear worms because of all the binding from the LNC drive shafts while the front ones were just warm.I could hear the binding and clicking when I was real tight or slightly stuck.I tried the MIP metal drive shaft kit and it works great.Front and rear worms stay cool on the same exact course with no binding,better articulation and no contact with the upper or lower links at all.I wish I had tried this months ago.The only bad things I can say about the MIP drive shafts are that the weight is about 35gm more and they are louder at full speed than the LCC or the LNC shafts.Other than that they are bullet proof and are splined like a real drive shaft.Full set was $39 at CKRC.
Igore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #145
RCC Addict

For the people running bruched motors in the lnc, what motor/pinion and how is the wheel speed/torque? I am thinking of running a 500 puller.
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #146
Pebble Pounder

im running a 35t motor and 24 pinion, better wheel speed than stock with good torq. LNC
2manytickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #147
Quarry Creeper

I'm running the Titan 21t motor with the stock 20 pinion. Same wheel speed as stock but more torque.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Cool. I want to use one of the motors i was using in my MOA losi in a LNC tranny. As soon as i trade my moa stuff for a lnc tranny i will try it
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #149

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Just purchased a Losi Night Crawler from an individual who only ran it once. Truck still in box got it home with a brand new battery and plugged it in and I am getting no response from the ESC. Please help!
clydekeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #150
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydekeller View Post
Just purchased a Losi Night Crawler from an individual who only ran it once. Truck still in box got it home with a brand new battery and plugged it in and I am getting no response from the ESC. Please help!

The place to start would be to go to the Team Losi website and download the owners manual. Then check the section on programming the ESC. Jerry
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #151
Pebble Pounder

Have a LNC with afew mods but I am looking to get delrin links and center skid. Anyone know where I can buy some? Or get the material to make somewhere? Thanks. ryno mike
ryno mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #152
Rock Crawler

Check Amazon for delrin sheet and rod.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #153
RCC Addict

From page three of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
18.5 is 1650rpmx12.6v (fully charged lipo)=20,790 RPM
13.5 is 3300rpmx8.4v=27,720rpm
13.5 with a fully charged 2 cell is actually higher speed based on the spec's supplied by Novak.
Kv of 3,300 is for the Ballistic Spec, not the Ballistic Crawler. The crawler version has Kv 2,000.
So the 18.5T (on 3S) is faster at zero torque, but you never have that with the LCC.
The top speed of the car depends on the motor power. At 7.2V the 21.5T is 119W and the 13.5T is 195W. With the voltage upped by 50% for the 18.5T it will exceed the power of the 13.5T!
Therefore the 13.5T at 2S feed will provide a slower car than an 18.5T at 3S. At the same time the 18.5T will provide more strength at low speed, even at 2S.

From page six of this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
Im having a helluva time trying to tighten the slipper. Is there any special way to tighten it up on the LCC, ...
The easy way is to replace the slip with a non-slip gear (LOSA3172).

Last edited by Olle P; 03-12-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Fixed an erratic power notion.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #154

hey guys, my name is Allan I just joined in 5 mins ago, I am super new to crawling, i just got my losi night crawler 2 weeks ago , and I am impressed being an RTR is great. I have a few 8th scale buggies and truggy so crawling is a different world for me!! i just put a grease on worm gears and its pain in the ass getting into it, i had to take 20 screws to get into it!! is there an easy way to get to that? i heard about the HOLE , drill?? please be specific cause i am super noob..... how , where , what ..to drill into? and how the grease will make it into the gears and how do I put the grease in if the hole is small?? how much grease do i put?...thanks

I am upgrading the motor to Tekin 55t. is that good or bad?
which one is better the axial 55t or the tekin 55t? (durability,performance?)

Thanks

Last edited by only8ight; 03-17-2012 at 12:00 AM.
only8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #155
Rock Crawler

You can find more info abouyt the grease hole in the tips and tricks section but IMO this is a good way for quick maintenance but the best way to do it is to open axle halves, clean everything and regrease. This way you re sure you put only fresh grease every time and you dont force used grease in the bearing.

The stock motor of the lnc is a 35t, 55t will be much slower.
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #156
Pebble Pounder

Are there a lot of available scale bodies for the LNC?
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #157

Can you use a lcc tranny in a lnc? How does the dig work?
M67frag7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #158

This thread seems to have laid dormant for a good year or more and then suddenly came to life again a month ago. I hope answers are still forth-coming.

I too am a recent LCC builder and have the losi dig servo mounted in the factory spot (RCBros plate seems to be no longer available??). The issue I have is that after struggling to get the cup onto the dig linkage, it seems to now flop to the side when the servo activates. This then fails to activate the dig.
What have I done wrong and how do I fix it ??

cheers
BirdManVRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiel View Post
Are there a lot of available scale bodies for the LNC?
Not as such, but with a bit of modification to the body mounts I'd expect most bodies to fit-ish.
(More probably so if they're said to fit the Axial AX10, which is roughly the same size.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M67frag7 View Post
Can you use a lcc tranny in a lnc? How does the dig work?
Yes, it can be used.
A push rod shifts a plate inside the tranny which disconnect the front or rear drive output.
The worm drive will lock the disconnected axle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdManVRX View Post
... the cup onto the dig linkage, it seems to now flop to the side when the servo activates. This then fails to activate the dig.
What have I done wrong and how do I fix it?
I don't use the dig... (Can't afford the required components yet.) ... but will try to help.
I think the key for success is to have the push rod as much as possible in line with the dig shaft. That way the lateral forces on the shift horn will be minimal.
The shift horn should stay in place with the locking nut sufficiently tightened. There's even a grove in the dig shaft to hold it in place.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #160

It looks like I've rounded off the inside of dig shaft horn that slots into the groove in the dig shaft, so now there is no resistance. I've ordered a new set.

I have some more questions regarding springs and shocks. I notice in the Losi parts list of hop-ups for the LCC that you can get various colours of springs with different ratings. Does the higher rating mean a stiffer spring?
You can also get different coloured shock pistons. These do not have ratings listed. What significance does the colour of the shock piston have? Is it an indicator of which weight oil to use ? As I see that the different weight oils also come in different coloured bottles. Why would you use a different weight shock oil ?? Do you need to match Spring, piston and oil colour for best results ?

OK I'll stop now ...
BirdManVRX is offline   Reply With Quote