Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #321
J21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

So bought a used lcc and have had some issues with motors and parts. I was going to go to a different rig but that isn't in the budget right now either so I am back to the lcc. Just cruising threw some pages on this thread and it has sparked some questions. I know that the the brushless system will make a difference but is it really that dramatic? It came with a 35t and 55t with a 18 pinion I believe. Like this it would bind and not climb anything basically I went to a 12 pinion and it doesn't bind as bad but it still does. But I can walk faster than it moves at full speed. not that crawling takes speed but I put the same system in my brothers ax 10 and it will do back flips where as the losi cant even pull the front wheels of the ground. and I forgot to mention I am running 2s lipo. Is this just the way the lcc is designed or do I have another problem and or will the brushless system make that much difference. Also I am sure that I am just looking in the wrong spot but is there a good spot to find parts. I have seen some sweet looking aluminum steering arms, and now read someone found some weighted chubs. Also an aftermarket chassis would be cool to find. Thanks
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2016, 10:07 AM   #322
J21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Just read some more and it sounds like lnc gear box is better than the lcc. why is that? I saw one reason was the lnc was lower geared. I don't know how that could be as I had previously stated my lcc top speed is slower than me walking. Is there a problem with my lcc as far as I know it is stock. I know the battery is good I have tested it in my basher. Im not doing any comps so Im not worrying about the dig I can use it all I want.
J21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Axles are different between ax10 and losi. Ring and pinion in ax10 spin so much easier. Worms make a lot of friction and take more power to get going. Brushless will wake that losi up a lot. Lnc tranny is just bulletproof and so are the driveshafts.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 05:26 AM   #324
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by J21 View Post
So bought a used lcc and have had some issues with motors and parts. I was going to go to a different rig but that isn't in the budget right now either so I am back to the lcc. Just cruising threw some pages on this thread and it has sparked some questions. I know that the the brushless system will make a difference but is it really that dramatic? It came with a 35t and 55t with a 18 pinion I believe. Like this it would bind and not climb anything basically I went to a 12 pinion and it doesn't bind as bad but it still does. But I can walk faster than it moves at full speed. not that crawling takes speed but I put the same system in my brothers ax 10 and it will do back flips where as the losi cant even pull the front wheels of the ground. and I forgot to mention I am running 2s lipo. Is this just the way the lcc is designed or do I have another problem and or will the brushless system make that much difference. Also I am sure that I am just looking in the wrong spot but is there a good spot to find parts. I have seen some sweet looking aluminum steering arms, and now read someone found some weighted chubs. Also an aftermarket chassis would be cool to find. Thanks
If your binding, you may want to see if your worm gears need re greased. The LNC2.0 came with HD worms and many upgraded their originals to these when the HD worms were released years ago, but the worms LOVE to be greased well. Do a search and you'll see. I re grease mine every 4-5 full batteries just to be on the safe side. Barely seen any wear.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 AM   #325
RCC Addict

J21, what you experience (regarding motor performance) is what should be expected.
* The LCCs tranny makes an 18T pinion unsuitable. (Too much torque required from the motor.) 12-15T is my preference, depending on motor torque and other circumstances.
* The worm drives alone consume about half of the motor power. That's why these crawlers benefit from brushless motors that can deliver more power. We need about twice as much motor power to get the same torque and speed at the wheels as the other crawlers. Your 55T motor is decidedly underpowered on 2S. If you can run it on 4S, doubling the speed and torque, you'll notice a difference.

Recommended threads that I've written:
Why worm drive crawlers are slow.
How to reduce the friction...
Motor theory... and practice. (In-depth technical stuff with simplified conclusions.)
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #326

Just received the second Mamba Max Pro that I’ve ordered now. First one I used a 20c 2s Battery and after about 20 uses it stopped working.
I ordered new batteries 40c 3s 1500mah got everything hooked up to the new MMP and got the quick start all done. Steering, forward, and Reverse were working. Set it down to try it out with the default settings and it lagged between forward and reverse and after about 15 seconds stopped working all together. The battery was a little warm but the ESC was relatively cool. no smoke, no weird noises, nothing.
I tried another battery with the same ratings and nothing turns on. I tried the troubleshooting solution of deleting the power switch and still no luck. all my solder connections for the battery as well as the motor are solid.

What's the problem?
maquet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 PM   #327
RCC Addict

First question: What type of motor do you have?

You write that you ran the MMP at default settings.
The default settings are: Brushless motor, SMART mode, reverse after full stop.
If you try to run a brushed motor with those settings there's a very high probability of frying (vital parts of) the ESC.

Second question: What steering servo do you have, and how do you provide power for it?

The MMPs internal BEC is nominally good enough for the vast majority of servos, but there are a sufficient number of reported problems here to conclude that it's often insufficient for the strong servos we normally make good use of. (It's designed for racing cars where the servo pull high current only in very short spikes, not crawlers that rely on the servo to break free from a tight spot.)
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #328

Best brushless setup for a comp crawler, would be a big help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
rjwhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #329
Pebble Pounder

Default New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

I just picked up a tekin gen 3 13.5t and MMP. Should be in soon and I'll let you know how the LCC handles it.

Cheers,
Nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:06 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastyman211 View Post
I just picked up a tekin gen 3 13.5t and MMP. Should be in soon and I'll let you know how the LCC handles it.

Cheers,
Nasty

Any luck with the set up?

rjwhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #331
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwhite11 View Post
Any luck with the set up?

Haven't had a chance to drop it in as of yet. Still tweaking the XR. Hopefully this weekend.

Nastyman211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:35 PM   #332

Was wanting to change bodies on my LNC 2.0, was wondering what would be a decent fit? Also, are the aluminum hop ups worth it? Was wanting to change my links too, what would be a good fit?
Purged1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:07 PM   #333
MODERATOR™

Don't spread the forum thin by asking more than once, please. Stick to your thread.

LNC newbie questions
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:27 AM   #334
Custom Carbon Fiber

No more sticky on this?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #335
MODERATOR™

I went around and unstuck (get it?) a lot of stickies in every forum if they were practically dead. Trying to streamline things a bit. Very few have noticed or commented. Even with the LNC 2.0 release, the Losi forum is pretty quiet except for a few of you guys…
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:13 AM   #336
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
I went around and unstuck (get it?) a lot of stickies in every forum if they were practically dead. Trying to streamline things a bit. Very few have noticed or commented. Even with the LNC 2.0 release, the Losi forum is pretty quiet except for a few of you guys…

LOL Nice one

Makes sense streamlining, didnt think that way of it. Keep up the good work
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #337

Smile Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Hello, I am pretty new to this and just thought I'd say hi and this place sounds like a lot of fun. I got a Night Crawler used off of Craigslist and loved it right away. But like a lot of you have said the stock motor just won't do. So I went to a 27 turn and it was better but well you know hoe it goes. After finally going through all of mt brushed options I went crazy and got a 4300kv 3s motor and esc. And while I haven't broken anything yet I'm sure it is inevitable. I had to do some interesting trims on my radio and finely got it to be tame enough to do some crawlling. So the next step I hear you all talking about is tires and wheels. So I got some Pitbull 9001kkS and matching foams, and Boom racing high mass aloy wheels with the 20mm wheel extenders. I put the extenders on the stock wheels and will try that first and then try the sticky tires and heavy wheels. I never thought this could be so much fun. I am sure that I will have some questions in the future. Thanks for being here.
KRED57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #338
Quarry Creeper

Can someone please confirm for me the LNC gear teeth counts in the trans?

From my understanding, its:

T.Pinion: 22
Idler: ??
T.Spur: 50
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:07 AM   #339
Pebble Pounder

Spur gear - 36 teeth
Input gear - 22 teeth
Output gear - 50 teeth
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #340
Pebble Pounder

My daughter's Night Crawler seems to shut off a lot while she's using it. Battery still has juice. This starts happening about 10 or so minutes after she starts using it. I don't think it's an over heating issue because she isn't running it hard. It just stops working but it's not turning off completely because the lights are still on. The crawler just won't do anything. Won't turn or move. I press the button on the ESC and it will go again for several minutes then stop again. Any ideas? Might end up upgrading the ESC/motor anyways...so that might take care of the issue. But still wondering about what's going on. The truck is new. Using a 2s Lipo that's properly charged.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote