Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #341
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrim View Post
Spur gear - 36 teeth
Input gear - 22 teeth
Output gear - 50 teeth
Thank you sir.

I ended up figuring it out after looking at a bunch of HR gear listings and finally finding one which shoes both sides of the compound gear.
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 AM   #342
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
My daughter's Night Crawler seems to shut off a lot while she's using it. Battery still has juice. This starts happening about 10 or so minutes after she starts using it. I don't think it's an over heating issue because she isn't running it hard. It just stops working but it's not turning off completely because the lights are still on. The crawler just won't do anything. Won't turn or move. I press the button on the ESC and it will go again for several minutes then stop again. Any ideas? Might end up upgrading the ESC/motor anyways...so that might take care of the issue. But still wondering about what's going on. The truck is new. Using a 2s Lipo that's properly charged.
Lubricate the diffs. I had a similar problem with my LNC. Changed out the motor and speed control only to find out it was dry diffs.
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #343
Pebble Pounder

What kinda lube? I have several types that I have for my mountain bikes. White Lithium, Slick Honey, Red and Tacky, Dow 44. Probably a couple others.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:38 AM   #344
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
What kinda lube? I have several types that I have for my mountain bikes. White Lithium, Slick Honey, Red and Tacky, Dow 44. Probably a couple others.
Good morning Nubster, I would say that any of the greases you have will work. The white lithium, or Red and Tacky would be my choices. A way to make them easier to grease in the future is to drill a hole in the axle housings that you can thread a 3mm screw into ( make sure your hole is in a bit of a cavity on either side of the gear) and get a syringe that will move your grease through and use it to put grease in the axle without taking it apart. I grease mine this way after every couple runs.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 10-07-2019 at 08:49 AM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #345
I wanna be Dave

Agree with Cody. Jr's losi will be at crawlapoloza again this year hopefully he dose well with it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #346
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
Agree with Cody. Jr's losi will be at crawlapoloza again this year hopefully he dose well with it.

Hey Fish, it is good to hear he is still getting some use out of the axle upgrade.
Hope you guys had a good summer and stayed out of the Texas heat!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #347
I wanna be Dave

It's winter te now lol. It's 54 degrees. We were shocked this morning.

snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #348
I wanna be Dave

weather still shocks me.. it was I think 65 today in Michigan. How can it be 54 in texas? lol.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:46 AM   #349
Quarry Creeper

Anyone know where to buy a rear steer kit for the night crawler se?

I really want rear steer but looks to be discontinued.
TOMS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 11:27 AM   #350
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS97ZJ View Post
Anyone know where to buy a rear steer kit for the night crawler se?

I really want rear steer but looks to be discontinued.

If you look at the parts of LOSB2046, the parts themselves can be bought still, the kit was just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:52 PM   #351
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
If you look at the parts of LOSB2046, the parts themselves can be bought still, the kit was just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Found a link to the parts and got them ordered.

Thanks.
TOMS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #352

I'm not new to RC but I just got into what could be crawling. I picked up a Losi Comp Crawler from a buddy. I say could be because it's nowhere near ready to drive. I have the frame, axles, wheels, springs, drive shafts and body. He said he found the dig and dig servo, so there's some progress toward getting it running. When I get those, I'll see where I'm at. This might be a fun adventure.
crawling_tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 04:01 PM   #353
I wanna be Dave

I’m not new to these trucks, just very out of date in my knowledge on them. I’m just wondering what would be a good brushless system to run in the Comp and if anybody has tried a one of Spektrum’s 40a ESC/Rx in the Nights as well as what tires have you guys used on them, as mine still have their factory installed Rock Claws on the original 6 hole beadlocks.

Last edited by BJoe; 01-03-2021 at 04:56 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #354

Hello, Fella's! I recently bought a brand new Night Crawler SE and being new to crawling didn't realize there were two versions with Comp Crawler being the second. I would like to have the "dig" feature that the Comp Crawler has. Is it possible to replace the tranny in my Night Crawler with one from a Comp Crawler or is it even worth the time/money?

Last edited by arcangel572; 05-08-2021 at 10:01 AM.
arcangel572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 07:21 AM   #355
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangel572 View Post
Hello, Fella's! I recently bought a brand new Night Crawler SE and being new to crawling didn't realize there were two versions with Comp Crawler being the second. I would like to have the "dig" feature that the Comp Crawler has. Is it possible to replace the tranny in my Night Crawler with one from a Comp Crawler or is it even worth the time/money?

If you can find the dig trans it is 100% worth the direct swap.
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:43 PM   #356

good day all, okay, i went thru my comp crawler first edition and have updated the worms, greased everything up and updated the receiver to a spektrum sr515 receiver and added rear steer along with the front and rear dig function. i have also now upgraded from the dx4 to the dx5 pro radio... can someone please point me in the correct direction to get this all to work together now... the radio manual along with support have not been much assistance... thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
tcochuck is offline   Reply With Quote