Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New Losi owner with Q's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Losi owner with Q's...

I've only been in the hobby for about 6 months now and the majority of that has been spent dumping money and time into an Axial comp truck. I'm finally where I want to be with that and needed to get another truck going for my 16yo Son when he comes up to visit. I found what I thought was a fair deal on a lightly used LNC here locally and based off of what the local Losi owners were saying I decided to jump on it. I'm hoping to pick it up today and I have a few questions.

What will I need to get the LNC competitive?
I'm running 1300mAh 3S 30C 11.1v lipos in my Axial, can I use these with the LNC?
I've been reading about shims and improperly cut worm gears, do I need to check these things when I pick the truck up?

Appreciate any help here and I will likely spend the majority of the day reading through the threads here. I just want to make sure my Son has a good comp truck when he comes up next month so I have a few weeks to make some mods if necessary.
Phylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 08:22 AM   #2

No you cannot use a 3s with the stock LNC speed controller. I have a LNC and I bought the battery platform and receiver platform for the LCC and lowered the battery position. Also you are going to want to add wheel weights to the inside of the rims. I did 2 full wraps on the front and 1 full wrap on the rears. The stock motor sucks probably want a 35t or a 45t. Maybe a better steering servo like a 300 oz. Hitec. There is alot you can do to it, how much do you want to spend.
rockcreepin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the info. I will eventually spend what I need to get it running well but I don't have a lot of $$$ for upgrades at the moment since I just bought the truck.
Phylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Austin's LNC has white dot rovers with rover foams, 5.5 oz front and 2.5 oz rear weight. He busted a link so his dad made stock length links out of 8/32 all thread, 4mm Revo ends and brakeline, Other than that we changed out the servo for a 5645 his dad had, doubled power without overloading the BEC. He runs the Losi 1650 30/50C battery which seems to work great. The truck seems to just flatout work and refuses to break anything else so far. Next step will probably be a titan 21 turn with stock ESC until I upgrade my Goat and pass it to him.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote