Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Was going to get an AX-10 but hmmmm dont know now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
neo
Quarry Creeper

Default Was going to get an AX-10 but hmmmm dont know now?

Must admit, the LCC has snuk under my radar with regards to crawlers and I was initially going to look at the AX-10. So with that thought, are there any LCC owners who have moved from an AX-10 that can give a good comparison etc against the LCC.
neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

i had an ax-10 then got the LCC and its much better than the axial preformance wise, costs a little more but its worth it
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
i had an ax-10 then got the LCC and its much better than the axial preformance wise, costs a little more but its worth it
To get both to a comparable level, the Losi is actually cheaper.

Both need a motor and ESC, both need a steering servo, both need a battery.

With an Axial you need to buy a dig unit seperate from the truck, where the Losi comes with it. Advantage Losi.

With either the Losi or an Axial with a dig, you need a 3 channel radio with a 3rd position. You can get by with a 2 position with either one. Advantage no one.

You need a Dig servo with both vehicles. The Losi you use a smaller, cheaper servo than most of the Dig unit's for the Axial. Advantage Losi.

Stock chassis to stock chassis. There have been vendors on here that have said it's not worth the effort to make a chassis for the Losi because the stock one is hard to beat. Everyone and their dog is make an Axial chassis. Advantage Losi.

Driveshaft's on the steering need to be changed to the V3's from Losi, but they really should be changed in the center from Axial. Not really an advantage there either way.

Tires that come in the Losi are actually useable on the rocks, they are not in the Axial. Advantage Losi.

With the ESC's, because of the worm gears, you don't need to worry about a crawler specific or really good drag brake ESC, so you do have more options but at my local store the Novak Rooster Crawler edition is the same price as an FXR. So that is kind of a wash on that one as well.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

^verry true Scottmisfits, i have about the same in my axial and my Losi (losi has brushless axial doesnt) but the Losi is just a tad more to start with
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
neo
Quarry Creeper

Great input. Many thanks guys. Will have a good browse round the model shop tomorrow
Old 02-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
To get both to a comparable level, the Losi is actually cheaper.

Both need a motor and ESC, both need a steering servo, both need a battery.

With an Axial you need to buy a dig unit seperate from the truck, where the Losi comes with it. Advantage Losi.

With either the Losi or an Axial with a dig, you need a 3 channel radio with a 3rd position. You can get by with a 2 position with either one. Advantage no one.

You need a Dig servo with both vehicles. The Losi you use a smaller, cheaper servo than most of the Dig unit's for the Axial. Advantage Losi.

Stock chassis to stock chassis. There have been vendors on here that have said it's not worth the effort to make a chassis for the Losi because the stock one is hard to beat. Everyone and their dog is make an Axial chassis. Advantage Losi.

Driveshaft's on the steering need to be changed to the V3's from Losi, but they really should be changed in the center from Axial. Not really an advantage there either way.

Tires that come in the Losi are actually useable on the rocks, they are not in the Axial. Advantage Losi.

With the ESC's, because of the worm gears, you don't need to worry about a crawler specific or really good drag brake ESC, so you do have more options but at my local store the Novak Rooster Crawler edition is the same price as an FXR. So that is kind of a wash on that one as well.
Add this one to the list.
The Ax10 suffers badly from TQ twist and the LCC does not.
Advantage Losi
lt99ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #7

you will spend a considerable greater amount of time making the ax10 as competitive as the Lcc right out of the box
evolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default ?

I have an AX10, and I feel that it the absolute ideal choice for a scaler or rock racer. Its also a great crawler, BUT, because of torque twist, it will never quite hang with worms or MOA on the most extreme crawling situations. I have spent at least 50 hours reading threads on torque twist, and modified my AX10 to the max. Still, it will not stay quite as firmly planted as a MOA or worm axle.
So, if you wanna do donuts, rock race, AND have a great crawler, go AX10. If you want pure crawling ability, Losi. If your like me and are constantly asking yourself "Can I get up/over that?", again, Losi.
Thats exactly what I'm doing... shopping for a Losi.
J.DUKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #9

if you want long run times advantage axial about twice as long from what ive seen

you really need a axial for play trail runs etc so your not charging batteries all day

Last edited by four12unner; 02-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.
four12unner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by four12unner View Post
if you want long run times advantage axial about twice as long from what ive seen

you really need a axial for play trail runs etc so your not charging batteries all day
Yep more like three times longer !! 20 min run time ?? WTH
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

What's the name of the rig? The COMP CRAWLER!! What was this rig designed for? Comp Crawling. How long is a typical run for the comps? 10 minutes, if that. So when you have a battery that last you 20+ minutes, you're doing good? I know that when I ran it as a shafty I could get 25-30 minutes out of a 1350 3 cell. It's a little less now that I'm MOA.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

i ran a dna sss axial with dig for a while but its so hard to get them just right. i ran it at motorama and i was disgusted with its performance. Thats why i have a new lcc sitting on my workbench waiting for some electronics
BSTcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
What's the name of the rig? The COMP CRAWLER!! What was this rig designed for? Comp Crawling. How long is a typical run for the comps? 10 minutes, if that. So when you have a battery that last you 20+ minutes, you're doing good? I know that when I ran it as a shafty I could get 25-30 minutes out of a 1350 3 cell. It's a little less now that I'm MOA.
I know ! I'm begining to understand that now. That's ok I still have the Creeper that will run for 2 hrs on a 2s 1600 mah to mess around with
Lowe's48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #14
neo
Quarry Creeper

Im pretty close to ordering one now. One question, can someone suggest a good size lipo that can fit on the battery tray without modding/cutting anything and also powerful enough to power the Losi 1/10 Xcelorin S 17.5T Brushless Combo.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

I'm using a Flight Power Evo series 1350mah 3 cell and a holmes hobbies 1350mah 3 Cell. The Losi 1650mah 2 cell works as does their 1350mah 3 cell. Find dimensions on any of those and you'll find a battery that will work. There are plenty of options out there.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #16
neo
Quarry Creeper

Thanks very much