Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Delrin links?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Delrin links?

My buddy is looking for delrin lower links for his lnc, does anyone know where he can get them.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Here you go. White or black!

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...88#post2317988
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Did you see the delrin links on both my Losi's? I have sets of them cut and ready to go with studs already installed. Just have to buy the stock 17 deg LCC rod ends and put them on the truck. I had them with me last saturday. So close and didnt even know it. LOL.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Have you been able to get the 5/50 rods out of the links? Losi doesn't sell that rod unless you buy a whole bunch of rod ends as well. Who else sells 5/40 headless screws like that? I think they're 9/16 or 5/8"
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Have you been able to get the 5/50 rods out of the links? Losi doesn't sell that rod unless you buy a whole bunch of rod ends as well. Who else sells 5/40 headless screws like that? I think they're 9/16 or 5/8"
Heck NO,,, I dont know how they put those things in there but I had to stop myself before I destroyed the whole link trying to get it out.

I wasnt sure what thread it was, it did'nt match up to anything I had around the house. It's 5/50 huh??

I just went with 6/32 stainless studs. And made the studs longer than the stock Losi's so the stud would thread into the rod ends more than a 1/4".

Bigger is stronger, right... They work great. Been racking my brain lately on high clearance links that will fit in the stock location. I have some ideas.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Did you see the delrin links on both my Losi's? I have sets of them cut and ready to go with studs already installed. Just have to buy the stock 17 deg LCC rod ends and put them on the truck. I had them with me last saturday. So close and didnt even know it. LOL.
I scored some 3/8" delrin from work, we are gonna try and make some this weekend. We will check yours out sunday at belles. Cliff said bring that battery you were talking about if you still want to sell it. He also said if you have any other comp crawler stuff that will work on his lnc he may be interested.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I just did mine last night with 3/8 in and they worked out awesome and i just went and got some 3/4 in black 5-40 hex head screws from a local fastner store and cut the head off off them with a dremel.
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote