Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Lnc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Question Lnc

is this rig good for a first truck?

I have never had worm gears and they scare me a little from what I have read I know that the LCC has dig and better parts but I am not ready to drop the 600-700 for a running truck yet. I have 2 kids so if I like it I can always hand it down when they get a little bit older
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

It IMO is the best starter truck you can buy for the performance right out of the box. But it depends on if you are going to comp with it or not?
darkmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I may comp in the future if I like crawling thats where I am stuck at now....my wife keeps telling me just buy one already, you spend to much time on there looking at all of them
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I started with a LNC while they are very capable they can leave some to be desired. I upgraded the servo, tires, brushless (after trying two differnt motors), springs, Lipo up on the front links, different body. It is defaintlly as capable as a tuck can be without dig, but I feel like if I had just gotten the LNC I would of saved some trouble and maybe some money. If you think you might want the LCC skip a step and get the LCC if you plan on just screwing around without comping the LNC is a great truck at a great price.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I am having the same feelings not sure if I want the LCC berg or bully
Old 03-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #6

Find someone who will let you drive their rig.... I started with the LNC to get into the sport on the low end.... granted the LNC is well worth the $$$. I got mine on Jan 20th and by Feb 1 I was wanting more, so i bought a LCC tranny with Dig, put on Rover white dots. then got the goat 3S with 21.5T Ballistic running a 16 tooth pinion and I am finally happy. so I should have followed my gut and got the comp. but if you can hold out longer the LNC is a great truck. just my 2 cents.
titos79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

thanks for responce I found a LNC with the LCC tranny with dig and links from LCC on a diffrent forum so I am lookiing at that one right now for sure
Old 03-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #8

if the price is right that would be the deal.. personally I like the "plastic" links. there is not much flex and they dont hang up like alum. can. also i don't think the LNC came with the V2 shafts... I have not heard of anyone having problems with the LNC axles.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

yeah the ad says v3 shafts
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #10

does it have electronics in it? or is it just a roller?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

rtr
Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

sidwinder with 35t motor and I forget the servos
Old 03-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #13

yep. like I said if the price is right sounds like a perfect way to start. the best thing is that you get the dig tranny, you dont have to use it at first. but it is soooo much better. I could not believe the diff. i ran a brushed 55t in mine till I got the brushless and everyone said I should have run the 35T instead. so i think your on the right track.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

good I hope to hear back from them soon
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Here's a question for you, you say you may or may not comp, if you like crawling.

Is there anyone near you crawling now? If not and you're just going to be going out crawling on your own I'd go LNC, because by yourself you will probably get bored.

If there's a group to hang and crawl with (yes comps too) then then the chances of sticking with it increases

Don't be afraid to enter comps, talking to, watching other guys and trying to do what they do is how you learn quick, not to mention it's a rush when you manage to do well.
sledge57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Get the LCC...Its a proving winner...At are comp nights Losi are usually top
3...The berg guys are starting to make excuses that some courses are setup for
shafty.....? Still haven't figured out that one yet....They have more clearance
motor front and rear....And no weight in the chassis....They should walk every
course....You know its a good truck when people have to make excuses for
getting walked on.

If you buy a LNC you will only be spending more $ to make it comp worthy...

Last edited by fa1rch1ld; 03-03-2010 at 12:36 AM.
fa1rch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #17

if you plan on just bashing get a LNC it will be perfect but if you plan on comping get a LCC it will save you $$$ in the long run
rocking guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

The LNC is a great starter truck, as is the LCC. the setup you're looking at sounds awesome, as long as he isn't shafting you on the price.

If your kids get into it, the MRCs are awesome starter trucks for kids, easily upgraded for comp-worthiness, and easier on the wallet if they (like all kids) get bored with it after a month or two, haha.

also, you should get your wife a truck too.
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Montess View Post
The LNC is a great starter truck, as is the LCC. the setup you're looking at sounds awesome, as long as he isn't shafting you on the price.

If your kids get into it, the MRCs are awesome starter trucks for kids, easily upgraded for comp-worthiness, and easier on the wallet if they (like all kids) get bored with it after a month or two, haha.

also, you should get your wife a truck too.
From a different perspective my 3 year old was frustrated with his MRC because it was too small to climb most of the rocks around. Now that he has a LNC he never touches it. He is 3.5 now and he hangs with my LCC and his 19yr old cousins LNC. He flips more because he hates to go slow unless he has to but generally he makes a climb/descent on the first try each time out that we didn't. The LNC is is about 60 bucks more than a MRC but more capable at staying with the other 2.2 rigs. It generally isn't fun to have two classes. Try running with supers in your 2.2. The rocks they climb often you physically are too small and the stuff you climb is little challenge to them.
Iberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #20

lol your son sounds like my 2 year old. I had to get a micro so that he would not drive my 2.2 in the house, well full throttle into everything with an "Oops I flipped it!" now I have one too. they are just as addicting.

Smokediver -- did you hear back form the seller. my LNC got 10 times more fun when I put the dig in it. IMO dig is the only way to go!