Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: 16$ gamble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 16$ gamble

I got my LNC for xmas and two weeks later I started having problems with my ESC I was getting a superficial binding. Well after some convincing my wife OKed a Castle MMP, but the funds were not there for a name brand brushless motor. So I took a chance and ordered this http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store...Motor_w/sensor
13.5 turn 16$ plus $5 super snail shipping (still beat the MMP to my door).
Well I got a all hooked up with a 13 t pinion and a 2s lipo.
To my surprise the think actually works. No cogging smooth power delivery and little heat build up.

I still need more testing with it, but so far it seems as it could be a great budget option for going brushless.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well whats the good word?/
MX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Well I got hooked up with a castle link and got the setting right for crawling, this thing is nice. I can flip in from it back now (no chance with stock equipment) even easyer with the stage killah body. I ran a whole pack through it in my basement make shift course, and had not heat issues and pleanty of wheel speed. I could probely go a size or two up in pinion but I think I will wait to try in on real rocks. We will see how long the motor lasts but at the price if I get a few comps and some messing around I will be happy.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Well I got a chance to run it last night at the our indoor place. I am pleased with how it worked, no heat issues (biggest worry), lots of wheel speed (could even afford to go up a tooth or two) I was making it up climbs that were imposable with the old brushed setups, good slow speed modulation, part breaking torque the motor would not stall and because of that I stripped the gear the pinion drives. I will have to see how the long term is but so far its a winner.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

for that price i may have to get one myself just to try it out. if u stripped the idler gear ur mesh was likely off a bit
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote