Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: stripped spur

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default stripped spur

Ok so my first run out with the non slipper gear installed and I managed to strip my spur gear. I did not get in any major binds or push it too hard. I think the main part of it stripped when I was upside down. So my question is do you guys think my gear mesh was set incorrectly? It seemed to be set the way it has been but I could of f'd it up. Next question would be if I upgrade to an aluminum gear where will my next weak link be? Anyways I would like to hear your guy's take and suggestions on this.
Drvnbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Ran the tires off mine with the slipper eliminator and no stripped gears. I would say put in a new spur gear and try it again.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

ran mine since the rig came out with the original spur and never had a problem. put the aluminum shafts in my tranny a couple weeks ago and test ran it, tweaked a couple teeth on mine.

purely bad gear mesh for me. threw in a new one and been practicing the shet out of it and no problems at all.

would have to say it was just gear mesh, nothing else.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have the slipper eliminator gear and an aluminum spur gear. Both are doing great with no breakage anywhere else.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
Rockin' in Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drvnbeing View Post
Ok so my first run out with the non slipper gear installed and I managed to strip my spur gear. I did not get in any major binds or push it too hard. I think the main part of it stripped when I was upside down. So my question is do you guys think my gear mesh was set incorrectly? It seemed to be set the way it has been but I could of f'd it up. Next question would be if I upgrade to an aluminum gear where will my next weak link be? Anyways I would like to hear your guy's take and suggestions on this.
I can tell you that if you go with all metal gears and the non-slipper gear, the next weakest link will be your $40 a set worm gears... I have stripped three sets so far.
rcjackson0926 is offline   Reply With Quote