RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   slipper clutch = stall problem (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/253361-slipper-clutch-%3D-stall-problem.html)

rooktakesqueen 06-05-2010 04:39 PM

slipper clutch = stall problem

When I hear the slipper clutch doing its thing, my rig stalls. I'm using a Castle sidewinder. Do you think that under stress (enough to engage the slipper clutch) the sidewider is reaching its voltage cut off? That's the only thing I can think of right now, I'm really stumped.:!:

JeepinOR 06-05-2010 04:52 PM

Are you saying that your ESC loses power when your slipper slips? Or, that you simply don't go anywhere when you hear the slipper clutch slipping? Are you sure what you're hearing is the slipper slipping?

rooktakesqueen 06-05-2010 04:54 PM

slipper

Ya, I know how and why the slipper clutch works. The problem is that the electronics are shutting off under stress. Some times they come back on after a few seconds and other times they don't and I need to shut everything down and breing it back up again. It gets worse the longer I run the rig which suggest to me that that it's related to the esc heating up.

zagscrawler 06-05-2010 05:56 PM

ive seen lots of post about c-rating on battery being to low under load and shutting down the esc or maybe the servo does it without a bec installed. Are you running a bec and what motor are you running?

rooktakesqueen 06-05-2010 06:28 PM

bec

I don't have a BEC and I think that's the problem...do you think that running and external BEC with my Castle Sidewinder is a good idea, or should I spring for an esc with a built in bec?
Quote:

Originally Posted by zagscrawler (Post 2487653)
ive seen lots of post about c-rating on battery being to low under load and shutting down the esc or maybe the servo does it without a bec installed. Are you running a bec and what motor are you running?

benoj 06-05-2010 06:37 PM

the sidewinder only has a 1.5a internal bec do urself a favor a get a ccbec that should help

djjiz 06-06-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooktakesqueen (Post 2487693)
I don't have a BEC and I think that's the problem...do you think that running and external BEC with my Castle Sidewinder is a good idea, or should I spring for an esc with a built in bec?

Always run an external bec! No matter what speed control! "thumbsup"

EvilTwin v2 06-06-2010 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rooktakesqueen (Post 2487693)

Well, there's one problem. The Sidewinder definately needs an external BEC...especially if you're going to run a high torque servo.

However, you're probably going to run into significantly more problems by trying to run the LCC on anything but a sensored brushless system.