Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Tins Losi CCR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Tins Losi CCR

This rig started out originally as a Losi Night Crawler. I bought it off a friend along with an extra CCR chassis with dig tranny. I ran it in two comps with the stock setup with dig tranny. I took 3rd out of 12 in the first comp and and 9th out of 14 in the second. I haven't gotten to do another comp yet since I had to move and took a new job. I am hoping to join up with some other groups while I travel around.

I recently got some more parts off eBay with which I wanted to finally make this thing into a full CCR. I also had a friend sping me some custom links. I switched from the stock Losi electronics to a Goat 3S with 21.5t brushless motor. Got me some much better wheel speed, reduced my heat, and made this thing a lot more capable. I also chopped the heck out of the body so that the tires wouldn't rub. I hope to afford a DMG ALT top for it.

If you look you can see my unique servo hook up for the dig. I had to hang it off the back of the chopped receiver tray. I was having a hard time finding the servo mounts that are supposed to be on top of tranny. It works, just sort of ghetto.

I reduced some of the flex since I felt that it was over flexing leading to my poor comp score last time around.

Thanks for looking. As always more pix and vids are up at http://www.thenewidea.biz/rc
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice Truck !! Looks like you are off to a good start !! How did your friend put his logo on the links?? Did he have a punch stamp or something?
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo496 View Post
Nice Truck !! Looks like you are off to a good start !! How did your friend put his logo on the links?? Did he have a punch stamp or something?
yeah does he have anymore, and would he be willing to sell?
671_oners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

how did u get axial bl rings to fit lcc wheels???looks good by the way.
Tklan Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tklan Crawler View Post
how did u get axial bl rings to fit lcc wheels???looks good by the way.
looks like the holes line up
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I had some axial wheels but there were a smidge wider and I wanted the narrower wheel to make the rover bite better. The holes don't line up exactly, I put the screws in at a bit of an angle and went real slow. Only one stripped out of all the wheels. I have to watch because once in a while if I stuff a tire good and I can pop the bead. Apparently the difference between losi and axial wheels.

I put the blue rings on the weighted wheels so I could tell the difference easily. I had a set of flat irons mounted up too with orange rings, but the rovers are just a much better tire.

The guy who made my links is Rik over on eparccrawlers.com I don't know how he stamped the logo on them. He works at a machine shop. Cost me about $60 in parts trade. Not sure if he would make more or not.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Truck looks good!....I have a LCC and the Axial I tryed to swap wheels and they would not fit form one to the other. Has anyone else done this?
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

The truck looks really nice the lid is sick lookin what r the links made of?
Lineman A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
RCC Addict

What didn't work on your Axial wheels? Mine didn't seem to have an issue, although I never tried to crawl with them on.

The links are spun aluminum. The lid came with the Night crawler this started out as. Custom air brush job, but I went and chopped it up (I didn't want to, but it rubbed bad).
Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Default More updates on the CCR

Well I threw a Gota 3s in this with a 21.5 brushless. Then I got a used ALT DMG tube topper for it. Haven't been able to make it to any other comps, but I have kept practicing when I can find rocks. Traveling makes it hard to find places to crawl. I run the Slash a lot more.

Now i just need a more powerful servo and some more aluminum upgrades.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Try to find a set of Comp Crawler shocks, either here in the classifieds or on ebay. Looks good so far though.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by untchabl View Post
Try to find a set of Comp Crawler shocks, either here in the classifieds or on ebay. Looks good so far though.
Whats different about the shocks?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
Whats different about the shocks?
the way the preload is, there is a nut that allows you to adjust it, not a clamp
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
the way the preload is, there is a nut that allows you to adjust it, not a clamp
Oh. I haven't bothered to adjust them at all. They came on the original night crawler and I never changed them. Just learned to drive with them the way they were.