Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC driveshafts on an LCC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Default LNC driveshafts on an LCC?

I searched but could not find too much info.

Anybody running LNC drive shafts on their LCC?

I dont mind cutting and welding to make them longer/shorter if needed.

Are they strong enough?

They look much skinnier and possibly lighter?
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

My buddy runs a LNC with LCC tranny/dig unit Goat 3S with the LNC drive shafts and it seems to work pretty well. He very clearly has more suspension travel within his links than I do. We both have the Ti Lungsford links and I run the LCC with the stock plastic drive shafts, and it's very evevident that he has more up/compression travel than I. As I am SURE that you know the plastic shafts rub on the lower links prematurely. I know your new links are BAD ASS and they dont rub....I already wish I would have held out a couple more months and gotten your links instead of the Lungsfords. I have not seen any binding or dragging like I have read about guys see when you run the LNC drive shafts on the LCC. Not sure that they would be lighter....??? But I am sure YOU could rig up some Ti ones that where lighter !!!!

P.S. Two more days at work untill I get to go home and slam in the your new worms and pins !! Can't wait !!
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyo496 View Post
My buddy runs a LNC with LCC tranny/dig unit Goat 3S with the LNC drive shafts and it seems to work pretty well. He very clearly has more suspension travel within his links than I do. We both have the Ti Lungsford links and I run the LCC with the stock plastic drive shafts, and it's very evevident that he has more up/compression travel than I. As I am SURE that you know the plastic shafts rub on the lower links prematurely. I know your new links are BAD ASS and they dont rub....I already wish I would have held out a couple more months and gotten your links instead of the Lungsfords. I have not seen any binding or dragging like I have read about guys see when you run the LNC drive shafts on the LCC. Not sure that they would be lighter....??? But I am sure YOU could rig up some Ti ones that where lighter !!!!

P.S. Two more days at work untill I get to go home and slam in the your new worms and pins !! Can't wait !!
Cool. Thanks!

Cant wait to hear what you think about your new worms.

Anybody else have input on this issue?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Erik I run them on mine with your worms and they are strong, not sure if they are lighter but give good clearance and I can run the rcbros dig on it with no problem.
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...8/100_8534.jpg

Last edited by Jslick; 09-21-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Defy Gravity

on my driveshafts i'm getting wear on the cups and dogbone pins, just to let you know dlux. i haven't run into a problem with the shafts themselves other than that (still lnc trans) but i have heard of a couple guys having issues with binding on the lcc trans, seems either you have it or you don't.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Cool. Thanks!

Cant wait to hear what you think about your new worms.

Anybody else have input on this issue?
Build em.....! I got dibs on the first set..!!!
bquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I think if you use the stock links on a LCC with the LNC shafts it will bind because the LNC shafts are to long. Just lengthen the links and they should work.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
no talent hack

there is a step on the back side of the cup that the dogbone slides into. if you get rid of that and grind it flat, it just barely works. i tried them, but really did not like the slop in them
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #9

I have been running the LNC shafts for over a year now and have had no problems. I started with a LNC and converted to the LCC trans. I kept the LNC links. There were a lot of people having problems with binding while running the LCC links. I have converted my lower links to carbon fiber with no problems. I have not tested with any bent links, but if they are the same length (eye to eye) as the LNC links I would assume they would not cause binding.
titos79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #10
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Thanks for the help everybody.

I got the shafts and I LOVE THEM!

To get them to work on my rig I found that I have to stretch the front and the rear works great at stock length. I had my rear links stretched approx .25 of an inch to get my 12.5 inch wheel base. This made the rear too long for the shaft to work. Stock in the front was too short and the drive shaft bound up. So, I took the spacer out of my rear links and placed them in the front. Both turned out great.

I dont experience any slop in them. The seem nice and tight.

They did end up being quite a bit lighter than stock.

The skinny shaft is super helpful. I clear the shaft with my links now and also many other important clearances.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Nice!

I run a LNC converted to a LCC and I love the LNC shafts.
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote