Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Advice????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Advice????

Hey sorry I know everyone out there is looking for a new crawler and so am I and I cant choose between the losi night crawler and the Axial rtc. So i've been researching a lot! and now i've got some questions on the losi.

Do you have to constantly grease the worm gears?

How do you think battery life would be with an 8.4v 1100mAH battery?

Is it an overall good started rig?

Hoping to get a LNC from my LHS sooner or later. Just making sure its the right one for me
Thanks
KrazyKrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
Defy Gravity

i was at the same point when i bought my crawler, and out of the box the lnc is a far better performer and in my eyes superior in every way. the worms do require greasing but the point at which you grease is debated, i grease mine every time i go out through a grease port i drilled, and tear the axle down about every month when i'm running it a lot. i get close to a half hour with my 3000mah 7.2v nimh if that gives you any idea.

Last edited by ghtpdm5; 11-11-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: can't spell
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hey thanks man. So is 8.4v too much for the stock elctronics you think? Cuz I searched on here and cant find anything about that size battery.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Defy Gravity

the stock speedo says a rating of 7.4 volts and i'm not dead sure i'd test it, but thats one thing easy to justify replacing, along with the motor and servo. if you do upgrade, brushless is the route to go, i've been trying to get brushed to work in mine and having decent results, but that motor takes a beating. reccomend a 18.5 or 21.5 brushless system capable of more voltage if you want to go that route.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Im not planning on upgrading a lot for a while. I was mainly just asking about the battery cuz I found a battery laying around and I was just wondering if I was saving myself some money or not. Lol. So dont try it? Dont want to fry anything right of the get go
Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #6
Defy Gravity

ahh i see, and yeah, i wouldn't try it, but i'm not the biggest risk taker so its up to you. nimh packs are pretty much a nightmare in these to begin with just to let you know, lipo batteries being smaller makes setup and weight distribution better, if you're comfortable with them and willing to switch.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Alright thanks for the advice, I think im just gonna look around for a cheep 7.2 volt stick battery
Old 11-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have run the stock esc on a a 3s lipo, I had no problems, but I did use a castle BEC. I am not saying yes go ahead I am just reporting my results. I have sence though switched to a mmp and 13.5 brushless. I would say on around a 1100 battery you will get around 15 mins of crawling.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Oh alright thanks for the advice
Old 11-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

As said befor I would look at 2s lipo, if you can charge them, they can be found cheap and can be tiney and easy to put lower on the chassie.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKrawler48 View Post
Hey sorry I know everyone out there is looking for a new crawler and so am I and I cant choose between the losi night crawler and the Axial rtc. So i've been researching a lot! and now i've got some questions on the losi.

Do you have to constantly grease the worm gears?

How do you think battery life would be with an 8.4v 1100mAH battery?

Is it an overall good started rig?

Hoping to get a LNC from my LHS sooner or later. Just making sure its the right one for me
Thanks
Hey i have been running my lnc since it came out, i have not torn apart my axels yet. I know lots of guys tear them apart all the time. I dont feel the need they dont get hot so im not to worried about it. As for batteries i used a stick pack for awhile got a good runtime like 25min or so. switched to lipo and getting 40-50 min runtime. The lnc out crawled my axial no question. You can upgrade parts so easy, i added the lcc tranny and it was even better. Now mine has gone moa still have the stock lnc electronics running it except for the radio and reciver.
Bubba73 is offline   Reply With Quote