Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC Durability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #1

Exclamation LNC Durability

hello people im new on this forum and crawling too, im from venezuela so my english is not the best hahaha i can read it fine but writing im a disaster.
i got a question and is that im dont know what crawler buy because i was wondering an axial ax-10rtr but when i went to the store, they sold it so they order LNC's instead ax10. Now reading about LNC i think i prefer this but im really worry about the famous worms, you think the LNC is my best choice?
i dont go to comp just a little trail and crawling but no comp (i dont like the Scx10 by the way) but i dont know if the LNC its durable, its more durable an LNC or an AX-10 RTR? please help me.
sorry my bad english
Thanks Juan From Venezuela
juanber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
RCC Addict

For trail crawling I would recommend the ax10 it will be less maintanance, and willsuit the longer trail and bashing
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #3

Hello I am new to this hobby also but I love my Nightcrawler and all I do is play around, no comps for me. My friend bought the AX10 the same day I bought the Losi because it was a little cheaper to begin with but now he has invested alot of money on it just to get it crawl as good as my 100 percent stock nightcrawler. I really love the Losi but with some modifications the Axial is sweet also. I am sure you will get a better response from the guys on here that have been doing this for a long time but from a complete new guy I thought I would chime in. Good luck
hutcholdschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
For trail crawling I would recommend the ax10 it will be less maintanance, and willsuit the longer trail and bashing
what is the maintanance required for the LNC? how often do i have to do the maintanance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcholdschool View Post
Hello I am new to this hobby also but I love my Nightcrawler and all I do is play around, no comps for me. My friend bought the AX10 the same day I bought the Losi because it was a little cheaper to begin with but now he has invested alot of money on it just to get it crawl as good as my 100 percent stock nightcrawler. I really love the Losi but with some modifications the Axial is sweet also. I am sure you will get a better response from the guys on here that have been doing this for a long time but from a complete new guy I thought I would chime in. Good luck
thanks dude!
Old 11-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

you gotta keep the worms well fed with a good quality grease i change the grease every two or three comps
joe daigle jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The worms are easy to keep greased once you put a small hole in the axle with a set screw...then you just remove the set screw and put the grease in through the hole using a syringe. The LNC will definately climb rocks better, how ever the AX10 will be a better trail basher, because the axle gear design allows it to spin more freely, it will also go faster easier. For general trail bashing with little to no rock climbing I vote the AX10, for more rocks and harder climbing lines I would vote the LNC.

Check youtube out, you will find thousands of videos on both !
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #7

i read something about the grease hole but i dont find a tread that explains how to do it do you have anything helpfull like how to do it or pictures please i decide to buy the LNC
Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
Sometimes, I make things.

I have really been enjoying my LNC, I have been beating on it pretty hard and the only failures on it were minor, and due to 3s power with a strong in a big bind. I highly recommend the LNC, mine performs great and has proven itself to be tough. The maintenance is not a huge deal, I have put a lot of packs through mine and only greased my worms 2 times and they show very little wear, definetly nothing bad yet just visible wear marks. I was initially worried but after a good bit of use I am no longer concerned with worm problems, they are much stronger and less problematic than I expected.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #9
Got Worms?

For the grease hole you get 2 small set screws (i used the ones that are used in the drive shafts on the lcc, 4-40 i think) and get a drill bit that is smaller than the set screw (for 4-40 you want about a .09 inch drill bit) and drill a hole in each axle housing in a spot that is out of the way and easy to get a syringe will a big needle to it (I have mine right below the steering link, same place on rear). Then the set screws should self tap. Then every few runs pull the set screws out squirt some grease in and your good to go. Or erik dlux sales chromoly worms, they are a bit pricy but i have ran mine without new grease for hours and they still work great.

Ax-10 vs LNC, ax-10 would be better for more faster paced crawling without any slow paced technical courses, lnc has great crawling capability wise it should go up just about anything at a medium difficulty level but its not made to go faster than a walking pace even then that will get motors a warm
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ax10, ax10 rtr, lnc, losi night crawler