Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Axle Lube & maintenance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axle Lube & maintenance

Has any one ever tried using { Never Seez Grease}? That silver stuff in a can ? I may give it a try and see how well it works when I get my LCC. I know it works great for any bolts and nuts ,and metal to metal parts making contact with each other. I do agree with breaking in the transmission gears making it as smooth as possible . & Thanks for the great tips about Tranny shims and drilling a lube hole in the Axle Pumpkin. Those wheel weights that push into the outter wheel that are round and brass looking ; Are they just brass bullet cases from a .243 or .308 rifle shell? They sure look like it from some of the pics I've seen.
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Anti-seize is NOT a lubricant,,,,,might wanna re-think that,,,I run LUCUS Red and Tacky grease in mine ,,,have fun
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default ummm no

If you put that stuff in(never seez), you might as well toss everything out and start over...you can't mess around with worm gears, they're unforgiving to say the least.

Last edited by rooktakesqueen; 12-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default weight

the trend has been AWAY from wheel weights (aka rotational weight). Knuckle weights are much much better...you'll find a thread about it right here in the Losi forums.
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

+1 on Lucas Red n Tacky. Been running it since day one and I'm still on the original worms and spools and they still look great.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ahhhh Good to know. I won't even try it then.{ Never seez} So Lucas Red n tacky it is. Learning something new every day. Years ago Team Associate had a grease in a little can that worked great for gears. It was tacky but very slippery. Friction is a tranny's and diff.s worst nightmare. Thanks for the tip. Feel free to include any that aren't already posted in the tip forum.
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I run Silkolene RG2 grease in my LCCs and keeps the worms cooler then most other grease .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote