Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: BTA with the MOA brackets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default BTA with the MOA brackets

Anyone do a bta setup with the moa brackets, got any pics?

Or can anyone think of a good way of how to set it up and the knuckles to go with it?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default ?

I've been wondering the same thing....
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
RCC Addict

As you may of seen ive tried a few different setups on my moa, i had a ota/bta setup but the alloy links were bending... i did then look at a bta that had a link running between the motor and blc rear neatly but the servo link i couldnt find a way to mount it behind due to the shocks..

Now i just run the rcbros high clearance knuckles and a bta servo linkage with a mount i made screwed to my knuckles, works ok for now, rarely hits the rocks unlike the stock steering
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Got Worms?

yea i plan on making some knuckles just like rc bros high steer but they won't have the big chamfer on the ends, this will allow me to make make a plate that will mount to the knuckles to install weight, similar to what you did hulksta with your rear wheels
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Yeah ive partly setup a simular weight system on the front now
Old 12-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
Got Worms?

This it the wheel thats gonna be used, then i will make a plate that will mount to some knuckles so i can mount brass slugs or a solid chunk of brass, up to 7 slugs in one wheel, which would be 6-7 oz's, or a solid chunk which could add few more if needed. But to do this i need to make some knuckles to handle stock cvds, and some of my massive ones i'm wanting to get machined. And if i'm gonna make knuckles i'd like to implement bta but haven't figured out how yet, i even considered pointing the servo arm through the back slot of the bracket and having it connected to a arm ran inbetween the gears like you mentioned earlier but that would be a pushing the limits and it have to be a small link but still be strong, and if i ever get a 7980 like i want, i'd have a servo even farther out past the bracket to get rock rash.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Yeah the hard bit is making sure you dont loose torque in the steering too, the ota setup i had before worked but running the 7980 i still didnt have the turning power my shafty does with high clearance knuckles and link to the steering above, thats the reason i changed the setup again...

Keep working on it you might just stumble on the answer