Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: pulled the trigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default pulled the trigger

ordered up a LCC to play and get started in some comps

set-up consists of
-Novak goat3s 21.5 brushless
-14t pinion
-Losi ultra torque servo
-Losi mini servo
-Losi 11.1 1350mah 3s lipo
-Spectrum DX3e radio
-HB Rovers or sedonas still deciding

after spending some time lurking around here i believe this will get me started with a solid rig

i also have a LNC which has been fun, i just felt limited to what i could do with it, rig always seemed a little on the top heavy side with the nimh battery, wheels were wieghted with rovers on it. this will be my sons rig to play with now

great info on this site

Last edited by 501; 12-28-2010 at 09:43 PM.
501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Welcome to the LCC Crawler club

Hey cool. It looks like you have a nice choice of electronics sellected. I just ordered my new LCC and now I'm just waiting for a Pick up date, Don't forget to check out the Tips forum so the wormies are smooth and greased & trouble free. Your one up on me , this is my First Crawler . Sure looks like fun.
T/C Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Congrats, looks like a pretty decent set up, you will see a huge perfomance difference over your current LNC. Have fun and keep us posted with your mods !!
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Awesome. They should be fun. I just thought of a silly question. I have been real busy and opened the LCC box and looked at it quickly but did not notice if a 12 tooth or any tooth gear comes in the kit no tools were in the bag just stickers and manuals. Will be home later tonight and will check it out better. I ordered a 18.5 ballistic motor do they come with the motors or do I order this separately. What size does everyone use 12,13,14 thanks. Are they all standard for the 10th scale motors.
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
Awesome. They should be fun. I just thought of a silly question. I have been real busy and opened the LCC box and looked at it quickly but did not notice if a 12 tooth or any tooth gear comes in the kit no tools were in the bag just stickers and manuals. Will be home later tonight and will check it out better. I ordered a 18.5 ballistic motor do they come with the motors or do I order this separately. What size does everyone use 12,13,14 thanks. Are they all standard for the 10th scale motors.
Pinions {do not} come in the kit. Order seperatly. I did the same thing , I has to order them seperate beacuse the LHS doesn't carry any pinion gears that will fit. Order a 13/ 14 /15 tooth with the Motor your running, That should be a good start . You would think they would at least include a 13 tooth .I ordered original Losi pinions. There are others on the market that will work if ya know what your looking for. I played it safe , aftermarkets will come later.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

got all of my stuff at the LHS just waiting for my pinion to show up and some wheels.... got the body painted and the rest is assembled so far, hhhmmmm just might have to do a build thread now
Old 12-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default nice

You're going to love it...don't forget there's an MOA kit available for around 100 bucks. I have mine set up so I can go back and forth from MOA to shafty in about 10 min. It's the best of both worlds!
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

here is a pic of the LCC

you can check out my build thread also

it has been a blast to crawl with, very happy with the purchase

Last edited by 501; 12-26-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Looks great how do you like the proline wheels and did you leave the weights in front and back. I have those for my 1.9 and just got them for the LCC. Thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I noticed in your build thread you did use the weights in the tires. Did you just leave one weight in the rears or did you cut one in half to get th 4oz. Or did you add it some other way. I was looking at it and think I'm going to cut in half to balance the tire a little better. Thanks
Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gso125 View Post
I noticed in your build thread you did use the weights in the tires. Did you just leave one weight in the rears or did you cut one in half to get th 4oz. Or did you add it some other way. I was looking at it and think I'm going to cut in half to balance the tire a little better. Thanks
i have been running front and rear with the full 8oz in each wheel to see how the car ran so i would have something to compare to, will be switching the rear wheels to the 4oz as soon as the wieght kit shows up.

very planted with all the wieght in the wheels as of now but i do notice it struggling a little up the climbs pullin all that wieght up

as far as the prolines go work great easy to mount the tires on. only complaint is they are thicker at the hub than the stock wkeels wich cause less theards n the nuts, so they work themselves loose regulary...so crank them down tight and check them often
Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Default Tires and rims, wheel weights

Looking into wheel weights . What site sells them? I looked at RPP and I didn't see any on that site. I may get a set of Chisels and mount them on some cheap rims if I can find a set I like. Money is tight so no super cool aluminum rims for me . Any suggestions?
Old 12-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Alot of people are using just simple lead weights that are used on your automotive rims. You can get these off of parked cars down at the local Walmart or you could go to a local tire shop or auto parts store and get a hand full for really cheap. They are sticky on one side and you can wrap them with electrical tape to keep them from flinging off.
HOWEVER: I would not suggest taking them off of your personal vehicle wheels or someone elses. What I would suggest is getting some of Dlux's knuckle weights !! They are far more effective and free up a TON of wheel speed because there is so much less rotating mass on the wheels. I have been running his knuckle weights for some time now and I will NEVER go back to wheel weights. They truly do work !!
Toyo496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:45 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

i am thinking of getting the knuckle wieghts, they look like a very good design...definitly a better way... reducing rotating mass is always good
Old 12-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Default yes

Knuckle weights all the way! (they don't fit with all wheels however....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501 View Post
i am thinking of getting the knuckle wieghts, they look like a very good design...definitly a better way... reducing rotating mass is always good
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote