Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: My New LNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default My New LNC

I just opened up my New LNC to check everything out. It has the LOSI Name Brand Servo, part # LOSB0812
Size Category:Standard
Torque:140 oz-in @ 6.0V
Speed:.18 sec/60 degrees @ 6.0V
Bushing Or Bearing:Bearing
Gear Type:Metal

It is cool that they are listening and are not including the 80 oz. anymore. I am going to try to test it out tommorow. This will be my Thread cause you know I am going to hack into this thing as some point. Also I was wondering to tell the difference between the Comp Claw Tires and the Harder ones that come with the LNC., Any markings???

later..............
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Stock Rock Claws - http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ar-Rock/Detail

Comp Claws - http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ar-Comp/Detail

The Comp claws definitely feel softer along with the memory foam inserts . Much better tire and seems the more you wear them in the better they get .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
I joined the Band!

Oh yeah there is a Visible difference, just making sure what tires came with this one. Oh Yeah this one is going to be fun....
Old 01-07-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Just ran it around outside for a bit, faster than I thought it would beno really it was....anyway 1st impressions are quite nice of the overall Quality and how the servo and ESC reacts. I am now a big fan of the LED's those are too cool in the dark. It would be nice to have an on/off switch for that. Suspension seems very plush and soft. The ESC has different modes Crawler Mode makes it stop on a dime, It also has a regular Foward/Reverse mode which will be nice for the Breaking in Period , takes strain off the motor on stopping (no instant reverse in this mode.) I know in the past from the 2WD drive Wheely King trying to drag brake and such....this puppy has it all. Even if the Steering servo is not good for comps it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Axial RTR, Everything about this RIGin my Opinon for what you get for your Money is better than AXIAL...hands down. ANyway That is my 1st impression gonna mainly just grease those worms and break everything in this weekend. Might pick up those HD worm gears and a 21T titan just to play with the power and wheel speed.........................I THINK I MAY ACTUALLY KEEP THIS ONE!!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #5

I have a lot of friends that have modded ax10's, me wanting to be different i bought a LNC. Thought I would have to do some mods before I kept up with them but all I did was add some weight to the wheels and hit the rocks. Putting my new tires on tonight, and trying to decide which servo I want but other than that my truck will hang with them any day. Congrats on the purchase
bellbrandon83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Yeah Dude I am no expert, but I have owned a few Axial's in the Past had to drown money in them and such, with this thing it should be no problem to Keep Up or Crawl over the Axial's. No Words for it...Losi hit it on the Nail this time. I am just glad I got a LNC now that all the bugs seemed to be worked out.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

After the teething issues I had LCC, my LNC was almost aggravatingly easy to set up and amazing capable!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I was going to get an AX10 for a sportsmen rig but think I`ll stick with Losi and get a Night Crawler !
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

They're worth the money Brian, Especially if you already have a Spektrum radio and get a BnD!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullking View Post
I just opened up my New LNC to check everything out. It has the LOSI Name Brand Servo, part # LOSB0812
Size Category:Standard
Torque:140 oz-in @ 6.0V
Speed:.18 sec/60 degrees @ 6.0V
Bushing Or Bearing:Bearing
Gear Type:Metal
And of course I failed to look at the part number when I bought mine last month. I just took everyone's word for it on the forums about the torque being in the 80oz range. I bought a hitec 645 thinking it would be an improvement. I traded a 140oz servo for a 133oz. I guess I did get a BEC so I am getting the full 6v now, so that was an improvement.

I do gotta say the hitec is a lot quieter. But I guess I have a spare servo until I can afford a 7955. But I could really use a head-bashing-into-wall emoticon right about now.
Penguin Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Geek View Post
And of course I failed to look at the part number when I bought mine last month. I just took everyone's word for it on the forums about the torque being in the 80oz range. I bought a hitec 645 thinking it would be an improvement. I traded a 140oz servo for a 133oz. I guess I did get a BEC so I am getting the full 6v now, so that was an improvement.

I do gotta say the hitec is a lot quieter. But I guess I have a spare servo until I can afford a 7955. But I could really use a head-bashing-into-wall emoticon right about now.

It always pays to do your Homework....LOL
Old 01-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It always pays to do your Homework....LOL
Or just be too broke to buy a new one
Old 01-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

Just broke down the Axles and Put in some High Temp Red Grease...also drilled a Grease Port. I used to have a Plastic Syringe with a fine point tip. I do not remember where I got it from. Can you buy those anywhere?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

Hey since the Tranny in the LNC is different than the LCC. Is the popular 21t Titan still gonna give the same effect?? I am running a 5000 mah 6 cell pack and it has pretty good power on the stock motor. I have a Integy Matrix TQx V1OTT MOD 50T that I am going to try out. Its new I only used it a few times in the past for Mock up.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:16 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just broke down the Axles and Put in some High Temp Red Grease...also drilled a Grease Port. I used to have a Plastic Syringe with a fine point tip. I do not remember where I got it from. Can you buy those anywhere?
Check your LHS in the modeling supplies department, we carry something like that for around $5.00n or so at the HTU I work at.

Quote:
Hey since the Tranny in the LNC is different than the LCC. Is the popular 21t Titan still gonna give the same effect?? I am running a 5000 mah 6 cell pack and it has pretty good power on the stock motor. I have a Integy Matrix TQx V1OTT MOD 50T that I am going to try out. Its new I only used it a few times in the past for Mock up.
Here's mine in action with an E-Maxx Titan 21t and an E-Flite 1500mAh 7.2v lipo. I had to flip the trans and plate around to get it to fit because of the shorter motor wires on the E-Maxx/lower E-Revo Titans. If I had it to do again, I would get the reverse wound E-Revo upper motor instead. The reason I used that one was that I already had this one on hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJowHMimLQ

Here's a video of my Comp Crawler running a 21.5 Losi Brushless and 3s lipo in the same location on the same day for reference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFjCz0yXcI&NR=1

Last edited by BJoe; 01-09-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #16

Quote:
Try a veterinary clinic. I had to hand feed a baby hedgehog for a while, and needed a small tipped syringe. I visited a clinic and they just gave me one.
Penguin Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

I just tried the Integy 50T V10. It does have more power on the Start. With the motors out You can tell the Magnets in the Stock Losi are weak. You can turn the pinion shaft freely where as the Integy does not spin freely (larger magnets). Anyway the wheel speed is the same. I may have to go with the Titan 20T and the HD Worm Gears cause I like to rip some dirt hills also. SO has anyone tried any other motors other than the Titan 20T?? Still no crawling yet.