Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Kyle's LN/CC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Well...after reading more posts than I care to think about and getting the OK from my boss/fiancee, I have a "few" packages coming my way

RcBros: OTA steering link, LCG servo mount, flush mount servo clamps
D-lux: Titanium bent lowers, aluminum straight uppers, tapered bushings
Hitec 7955, CC BEC (6.0V), LCC drag link, Losi 1650 lipo

...and a free shirt from A Main Hobbies LOL

Needless to say it's going to be hard to focus at work this week. This is my first time replacing/upgrading a servo in any of my RC cars; does the Hitec need to be "programmed" for lock to lock steering or is it pretty much "plug-n-play" ?
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a nice list of upgrades. I'm running the same RcBros parts and the same servo on my LNC, you'll be happy with them.

I'm considering the DLux links for mine.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluice View Post
Well...after reading more posts than I care to think about and getting the OK from my boss/fiancee, I have a "few" packages coming my way

RcBros: OTA steering link, LCG servo mount, flush mount servo clamps
Hitec 7955, CC BEC (6.0V), LCC drag link, Losi 1650 lipo

...and a free shirt from A Main Hobbies LOL

Needless to say it's going to be hard to focus at work this week. This is my first time replacing/upgrading a servo in any of my RC cars; does the Hitec need to be "programmed" for lock to lock steering or is it pretty much "plug-n-play" ?
Nice goodies list. Make sure you bump the $100 thread a couple of times The hitec should be a drop in, you'll just need to adjust your endpoints on your radio.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #24
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Thanks alot! I will have them out in a second for you and you should have them before the weekend.

Quote:
This is my first time replacing/upgrading a servo in any of my RC cars; does the Hitec need to be "programmed" for lock to lock steering or is it pretty much "plug-n-play" ?
Should be PNP. However I have always wondered about the programmers. I would like to get one to see what difference it can make.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Killswitch...after looking at all my emails, had 6 bumps on that thread...not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Erik...Thanks! These will definitely help out where my huge stock links have been hitting. Plus they look a LOT better too
Old 01-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Well I got my D-lux links yesterday...fast shipping and the first of all the packages to arrive. They look great...super light and super strong! Even came with some decals that will match my LNC (quality decals not stickers)...I'm a sucker for free advertising LOL

All my other packages should be on my doorstep when I get off work, so it's going to be a long/fun night working on the crawler...pics to follow
Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Well, after few days..and a "few" beers...the crawler is moving under it's own power again.

Since I was replacing so much, I pulled the chassis plates off to trace them. Going to make aluminum panels in the future.

Front steering setup complete. The OTA really helped with the clearance on the front axle. The 7955 made a HUGE difference...is moves so quickly and can actually get the tires out of bind without reversing now. Special thanks to Holmes Hobbies for programming the BEC before shipping!

D-lux uppers/lowers installed and adjusted (like wings). It's amazing how light they are and how much more clearance I get. It ended up not using the bushings because the driveshaft was falling out. So on the longer screws, the end links are installed with about 3 threads still showing.

Ready to hit the rocks and do some tuning.

Any recommendations on shock tab location and shock mount locations???
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #28
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:

D-lux uppers/lowers installed and adjusted (like wings). It's amazing how light they are and how much more clearance I get. It ended up not using the bushings because the driveshaft was falling out. So on the longer screws, the end links are installed with about 3 threads still showing.

Your car looks really good!

Thats the tricky part to doing the LNC shafts. If youre not careful they can bind (too long) or fall out (too short). To help with this you can adjust your upper link length to change the pinion angle. You need to watch to make sure the drive shaft does not bid/fall out and also need to watch and see that the pinion(worm input) is not at a bad angle.

I am not sure how it will work on the LNC but from the sounds of it I would try the bushings as normal on the rear lowers, put the bushings on the rear uppers and then maybe another small spacer on the uppers in front of that bushing. That should make it so you have better driveshaft ground clearance and hopefully the driveshaft does not fall out? Just guessing. Another thing you can try is getting some small spacers and splitting that bushing difference from front to rear.

Its a lot of work really but worth if if you have the patience.

Lastly, I cant tell if you have raised your upper link mounts at the axle side in the rear but if you do space the uppers to raise your pinion on the rear, it could cause more problems if you have not done that mod yet.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the suggestions and for a great product!

I will definitely take some time and do some real tuning on the rocks the next few days. I didn't change the upper link axle side mount, but I did raise it to the top hole chassis side. I do like the idea of "splitting the difference" and will look into that later...i was just excited that I got it all back together again LOL

That's the one thing I always hate when I modify something. I figure while it's apart I might as well update this, and this, and this, etc...but then in the end I'm not sure "what changed what" and how to fix things
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

The recent blizzards made it tough to run the LNC. Several days I couldn't open the doors of my house and it took weeks for everything to melt/dry. Finally the weather is MUCH nicer so I've started ordering some new toys

Ordered my DMG A.L.T. today...LCC colored, with flat black panels and a few custom touches . Now time to tear everything down again to shorten wires, cover in Techflex, and shrinks wrap the ends.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Here's some evidence of the recent storms...

Got back from my business trip and this was waiting on my doorstep

Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #32

Jerry makes some nice cages.
DEADEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Finally got around to installing it!

Added 1 oz to each of the front wheels and the front stinger acts as servo guard during rollovers.

Had to cut out the back a little to fit the stock ESC on the LCC RX mount.

Outboarded the rear shocks and relocated the ESC. Now time for an adjustable upper link mount.

I've seen Red Bull and Monster panels...but I'm kinda partial to Rockstar and since it's a "Rock" crawler...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Time to test it all out!!!

Going up...

What goes up...must come down

The cage makes it a lot easier to fit through the tight spots. No more taking off the body to plug in battery...and it just looks B.A.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Nice Rig! Some day I will get pics posted of my LCC...
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcallump View Post
Nice Rig! Some day I will get pics posted of my LCC...
Thanks! I must say this rig is more addictive than any of my other RC's...UPS loves me LOL
Old 03-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

sweet losi!
cadency15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Had an idea to start building an MOA and to give the shafty to my fiancee. After the prices hit >1000 and after seeing her have no interest in crawling with me I decided to make the Losi exactly how I wanted it...so out came the credit card and here's the damage:

VP SLW V5 Respun w/ 725 hubs
DLUX knuckle weights w/ additional rings
Losi 20-Degree C's, aluminum spindles, LCC hexes, adjustable upper llink mount
Set screws and Great Grease to finally do the axle grease ports

I know I will have issue with the 20 degree c's + OTA + LCG servo mount...from reading other posts which route should I take???

1. Modify the OTA to work with the LCG mount
2. Use a spacer and the stock servo mount (had to shave standoff for LCG)
Old 04-25-2011, 05:37 PM   #39
Defy Gravity

thats not too bad, i know what you're saying about the significant other being uninterested (my wife kicks my ass at driving every time, and still says to my face that its a stupid little truck) still have some work left, but you're doing great picking parts.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I know I will have issue with the 20 degree c's + OTA + LCG servo mount...from reading other posts which route should I take???

1. Modify the OTA to work with the LCG mount
2. Use a spacer and the stock servo mount (had to shave standoff for LCG)
Well, I went with option #1 on mine. Works fine but I'm waiting on RCBros to release the high clearance knuckles and OTA steering that is designed for the 20-deg c's. It is in the works but not ready yet.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote