Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Kyle's LN/CC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Kyle's LN/CC

I wanted a good RTR crawler so I could run it right out of the box and modify it as I go/learn. After starting with a Losi Micro I thought the LNC would be a perfect fit.

The LNC looked cool..it crawled...but just like the stock micro, it wasn't as capable as I wanted it to be.

Time to go under the knife and begin it's new life as a "semi-comp" crawler.

I pulled the stock wheels to add weights and I also have new tires/foams on the way (HB Rover White + Nova Double Duece). For now I got a bunch of LCC goodies to begin the transformation.

bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

lookin good. dont forget to get ride of those plastic lower links.there garbage. keep us posted on your progress
LCC4TWENTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I definitely want to upgrade them in the future. I thought about getting the stock LCC lowers but I really want bent lowers. I was looking at the Lunsford Titanium set but couldn't justify the $$$...what does everyone recommend?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

You can buy delrin stock and make your own. I was looking at delrin online the other day and you can get 3/8" sticks of it and make your own links. Stuff I saw was under $10 a stick and I think it was a 2-4 foot stick so more then enough to make other stuff. Buy some end links, 4-40 rod, or bigger and fab your own. Just do some planning on the correct sizes and you can make 4 links for around $20-30.
Flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Check out Dlux LCC Specific Aftermarket parts... $30, for 2 links out of ti. Price still adds up when you get them all but hey if you only need 2 $30 is easier on the wallet. Losi LCC High clearance Titainium Links
Flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
I joined the Band!

Actually Plastic is better for Lower links. (my Opinion) Metal hangs up on stuff, Delrin is a self lubricating plastic that can be tapped for ends. MCMaster Carr has it for the above price with no Minimum on the order. You should try that it also can be heated and bent.
skullking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullking View Post
Actually Plastic is better for Lower links. (my Opinion) Metal hangs up on stuff, Delrin is a self lubricating plastic that can be tapped for ends. MCMaster Carr has it for the above price with no Minimum on the order. You should try that it also can be heated and bent.

Actually , the titanium lower links from D-Lux are smoother on the rocks then plastic .
Briguy-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the input! Looks like I'll go with the D-lux because of the price/quality, also for the fact I don't trust my own fabrication skills LOL On with the updates...

Finished the LCC battery/RX trays. Much cleaner look, a lot more shock positions, and really improved battery COG.

I just weighted the stock wheels for now. I added 4 oz stick on lead weights to each wheel...mainly because that's all Oreilleys had in stock. I also cut a little off each strip to make it a complete circle and leave a small gap for the wheel vent holes.

I jusmped on the band wagon and got Nova Foams (5.5" w/ 2" Inserts) and HB Rovers white dot. The foams came in last week and the look great! Finally got the tires today so hopefully I'll get them monted up and crawling tonight

The battery I'm using was the only small lipo the LHS had in stock. Now that I have the LCC battery tray any recommendations on a 2S that will fit??? I was looking at the Max Amps 1300 or 2000 listed for the AX10S but need to measure the tray first.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I run Hyperion 1300 3s on my LNC and they fit the LCC battery tray perfectly.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I believe you could run a 1600 mah 7.4 lipo in that configuration.

look at the bottom for the actual size of the product
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...idProduct=9455

when i used my stock losi CC battery mount it worked really well with 3cell 1300mah packs.
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Good work. I just bought myelf one for Christmas. Just put on RC4WD wheels and some Sedonas all round. Looking to go the same route as what you got going on. Can you run a 3s Lipo on the stock ESC? I thought you could only go with a 2s? i don't know I'm new to the crawler scene. thanks
Twist n Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

only 2s Lipo, some have done 3s but they dont last long before the smoke goes out
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

well im gettin another crawler soon well my first really my other on is a built scx10 jk scaler but for my new crawler i was thinkin venom creeper but not so shure now im thinking night crawler with better tires and servo. first off im fine with plastic links but i aint fine with plastic steering links so i need some help on what u r doin for that and if u dont mind will like the upgrades such as knuclkes and c-hubs for the losi comp crawler work on the night crawler i think that ur lnc looks good with ur upgrades and if u dont care to help me id appreciate it
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I'll definitely be going the 2S route. I know people have run the 3S on the stock electronics, but I don't feel like risking it.

I got the tires and wheels mounted. These things are SO much better and bigger. I trimmed out the front of the body for clearance.

Next on the list is the DMG A.L.T. but the body will work for now. Hopefully it will warm up this weekend and I'll have time to adjust the shock mounts and tune the shocks.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Rockstar199...for the most part, all the LCC parts will bolt up to the LNC. The main differences beteen the two is the LCC comes with all the aluminum hopups and a transmission for dig but no electronics, whereas the LNC comes with plastic components and is RTR.

For the steering, I plan on upgrading to the LCC Steering Drag Link (LOSA1520) and the RCBros OTA Steering Link; this requires a new servo horn though. I do recommend the upgraded servo and plan to do the same whenever this one gives out or I sell some of my other cars.

Here's a pic of what the steering would/will look like (picture from rcbros.com site)

Last edited by bluice; 01-22-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

where did you find the foams, Ive tires coming and need foam too
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Mike...I ordered them directly from Crawler InNovations. Great service and quick shipping (come from Texas).

The Double Duece foam is for the 2.2 wheels/tires. The outer foam height will depend on the size of tire you ordered and the inner foam width depends on the size of wheel you are using (or personal preference for sidewall strength).

I went off the recommendation of the owner when I ordered mine. I went with 5.5" outers w/ 2" innners...this worked perfectly for the stock Losi wheels and the Hot Bodies Rover tires.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #18

Those tires look sikkk on your rig!
eodcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Thanks eodcop! Finally got it running outside and got some tuning done. I moved the shock tabs to the lowest points to get some more belly clearance...it was acting too much like a droop setup. I also inboarded the shocks in a way that I saw on another build thread.

I used all the parts from the LCC conversion and it's a tight fit for the battery. Until I get a new Lipo the shock brace acts as a battery tie down LOL

It angled in the shocks just a little bit (maybe 3/8") but every little bit helps. These tires are just a "little" bigger than stock lol

I'm going bashing with my TMAXX buddies tomorrow and they said there's a ton of concrete piles at the construction site too. Hopefully if the rain holds up I'll get some pics of it in action!!!

Last edited by bluice; 01-22-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Finally got out on the rocks and it was a perfect day! Definitely showed the weak points of my rig and changed my whole plan of attack for upgrades!

Changing the shock positions definitely helped with the articulation...but the weak servo got me stuck several times. Now deciding if I want to run the Hobico 333oz at a lower voltage or pony up the cash for the Hitec/BEC combo.

Handled the steep climbs pretty well...but my cut up lower links show that I NEED to upgrade to some bent links and the steering link hung several times so OTA coming as soon as they are in stock again.

All in all it was a good day on the rocks and a great time with friends!