Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Night Crawler Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #1

Default Night Crawler Upgrades

I am new to the crawlers, I purchased a night crawler the other day. I would like to upgrade/customize it to make it perform better. Is there a list of recommended upgrades for this vehicle? Thanks in advance.
goodvibessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

theres alot of fun and usefull upgrades for the lnc...look thru out this section and just check out everyone else to get a feel for whats been done. there a great rig, i love mine! just have fun with it and do small mods as you go so that you can appreciate whats been done for improvment.
id look into steering up grades...the links and servo, look into some tires...i know mine didnt last very long on the rocks, they dont have a ton of grip for traction i was just spinning on some inclines.

sik boys night crawler...

thats the link to my lnc thread...hope it helps.

Last edited by SIK_BOY; 01-26-2011 at 07:44 AM.
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

tires, foam, and stronger servo would be and are my first choices. I just got my LNC less than a month ago. BL motor and ESC coming, still trying to buy new foam, have the servo and tires now. Next is to lower the battery to a lower CG and have those parts coming, thx Sik for the parts list.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #4

Stronger servo would be my suggestion for your first upgrade.
jlake4130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Great thread that is a sticky. Often overlooked...

LCC Specific Aftermarket parts...
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #6

Tire weights, and 300+oz servo are probably the two best upgrades you can do. All others seem to be extra frosting on the cake.
Penguin Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I was just in the same boat you are. Ended looking around on here and getting a lot of good ideas. I ended up doing a bunch of stuff to my LNC. Here is the link to my thread, it has all the parts i added and pictures.

Anti Hero's LNC

Hope this helps.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

As mentioned, tires and foams, weight the wheels, small 2s lipo mounted lower on the truck and 300+ oz steering servo and BEC.

That would be a good round of upgrades to start with.
untchabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Stronger servo would be the first thing. Beyond that tape weights and memory foam for front. I would also upgrade to the aluminum links as the plastic ones have way too much deflection. My LNC has all the comp crawler stuff minus the transmission and drivelines.
DzrtRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzrtRyd View Post
Stronger servo would be the first thing. Beyond that tape weights and memory foam for front. I would also upgrade to the aluminum links as the plastic ones have way too much deflection. My LNC has all the comp crawler stuff minus the transmission and drivelines.
Hey DzrtRyd just wondering if you know of a servo i can get thats guna be stronger that wont require a bec? i live in New Zealand and my local hobby store suck's shit in there crawling department lol. And u mentioned uv upgraded everything from a LCC onto your LNC? Im guessing the aluminium lower and upper links will fit fine?

Thanks for any tips on the LNC.
LNCkArIzMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
Defy Gravity

if you want to get everything out of your servo, you're going to need a bec, no way around it really. the castle unit is the most commonly used unit, and you can order it from many sites. some will even program it to any voltage you want before shipping it. and the links and everything will fit fine, the lcc and lnc are the same truck, different transmission, and the shock mounts are a bit different.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #12

I've been trying to do the cheapest things to my LNC first. I have added about 6 oz to each of the front wheels and switched to Proline Chisel tires. I am going to try a smaller, more crawler-specific battery pack next.
MauriceW is offline   Reply With Quote