Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to the LNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #1

Default New to the LNC

Ok so I have had my LNC for like 3 weeks now and my local guys are running in 2 weeks and I wanted to know a couple of things about it. I have not changed a thing on the truck yet. I know that I want to go to the High Cleance lower track bars, but I have no idea what to do about motor and I need to figure out what radio system to go with. I read on here the everyone likes the Spektrum but like the Futaba better for the 4ch thing. Another question I have is what purpose does flipping the shocks over do for the performance?? I know my thoughts are random but it's what comes to mind.
CyCleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

start with the steering servo, and add some weight to the tires. 8 oz in the front and 3 in the rear of mine. also if you plan on comping it i would get the lcc shock mounts and move the battery to the front axle. get the cog as low as possible. and go with the over the axle steering in the front. it will help keep your steering from getting hung on the rocks. hope this helps with getting close.
thundaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCleZ View Post
Ok so I have had my LNC for like 3 weeks now and my local guys are running in 2 weeks and I wanted to know a couple of things about it. I have not changed a thing on the truck yet. I know that I want to go to the High Cleance lower track bars, but I have no idea what to do about motor and I need to figure out what radio system to go with. I read on here the everyone likes the Spektrum but like the Futaba better for the 4ch thing. Another question I have is what purpose does flipping the shocks over do for the performance?? I know my thoughts are random but it's what comes to mind.
with the losi rigs you dont need 4ch the 4th ch would be wasted i have the novak 3s goat with a 21.5 motor in mine and love it. the purpose of flipping the shocks over is it reduces the cg a lil bit by putting the weight of the oil and shock body closer to the ground. 1 mod that i would deff do and a lot of losi owners would agree is put a grease port on the front and rear axles so you can grease the worms with out pulling the axles apart
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

The only thing I have to add is outboard the rear shocks to help with stability.
Byro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

After my first rock crawling rally I added 4oz of weight to the front wheels, put on Rover whites, and changed the rods positions so it sits lower. I also got rid of the NiMh battery and got a 2200mah lipo and strapped it to the underside of the battery tray. The new tires seem to have made the biggest difference.
MonkeyRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Link with good info on the guys who run our night crawlers in the sportsman class, lots of good pics and info.
Losi Sportsman Rigs
my top 3 mods for the night crawler to make it more competitive:
1. wheels: cut your foams or go with memory foams, add some weight, try different amounts of weight, see what you like
2. battery: get a little Lipo, make a tray out of lexan to mount to the front top links, and mount a smaller lighter Lipo to it. Then you can pull off the big battery tray
3. practice practice practice: in my opinion, no mod will make up for lots of time behind the controls. Know your truck and how it moves, you will be surprised how well you do.
Have fun!
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

whatever you do dont look at my thread lol. grats on the lnc. deff first mods should be servo, tyires, and weight. and for a radio i went with spektrum 3ch. love it and its great cuz i put the lcc dig in my lnc.
dirty_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Everyone likes to spend their cash their own way, but I disagree with replacing perfectly good oe components.
I replaced my servo early, only because I had a more powerful spare. The stock one isn't too bad, it is a cheap servo, but 140oz./in. isn't that bad for what the night crawler was expected to be. I say use your money for other stuff and replace the servo when you burn it out. In my comp rig I run a Ace r/c 8th scale servo, around 200oz./in., but it's super fast and holds up to a beating. Again, it comes down to practice and knowing your rig.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB0812

-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote