Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Stock LNC questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Stock LNC questions

Hey there, looking for a high fun factor free crawling rig.
No real serious competition, mebbe a few gates for giggles.
What I'm looking for is something that will have long run time and basically be good to go have fun with out of the box.
Does the LNC fit the bill?
Whats the run time on the LNC like?
I have a venom 2s 2000MAH that Id be using.
How heavy is the maintenance?
I understand that except for a special few the LCC eats brushed motors for breakfast, does the LNC do the same?
Thanks for the replys.
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #2
Defy Gravity

the lnc will be easier on brushed motors than the lcc, its still not very kind, but you can run them for a while without doing maintenance. run times on brushed are going to be poor with it, you'll be running the motor harder and faster than you would in say an ax-10 or creeper.

the maintenance isn't as heavy as it sounds, you'll have to open up the axle cases and do a re-grease fairly often (i do mine more than others, i tend to open about once a week now when i'm running it hard). other than that its fairly standard stuff like watching your bearings and making sure they're lubed and such.

the stock electronics, in particular the 55t motor, are pretty low end. for runtimes sake, popping in brushless would help immensely, i know it did in mine. this would also address the brushed maintenance issue. the stock radio is 2.4ghz, but feels cheap in your hands, but works well. the stock esc...i personally have fought mine all the way, but again, brushless would solve. toss the steering servo in the trash or use it as a paper weight, all it'll do is mess up your day down the line.

hope this helps

pete
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've recently sold LNC RTR's to two customers of my HTU who were looking for the same experiance and use my own Bind "N" Drive LNC for Sportsman class comps and for the same purpose as you're wanting to use one for. I'm running a Traxxas E-Maxx motor wiht a 13t pinion, Proline Memory Foams, a good bit of lead in the wheels, a Proline Helios body, and an E-Flite 15oomAh 2s pack on mine with a little tuning and it does fantastic just like that. You don't even need to go as far as I did to get a great experiance out of it either, just weighted wheels and maybe some cut foams or Memory foam would be more than enough, especially since you already have a couple good batteries (which I'm going to assume are the ones for the Traxxas 1/16 cars).

Here's a video of my LNC and LCC running in the same spot on the same afternoon if you're curious on how well that work. I have no clue who the kid in the first video is though, he was there with his Dad and brotehr when I got there

LNC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCJowHMimLQ

LCC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFjC..._order&list=UL
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I just picked up two LNC's for my son and I. We are having an absolute blast. These things are extremely capable right out of the box. All I have done so far is added 6 oz to each front and 3 oz to ear rear wheel which made a big difference. We are running 4200 nimh batteries and are seeing 2 hours of run time per charge. Plenty to get your fix on. As others have said the main upgrade needed is a stronger steering servo. We won't be comping and don't need the dig. So far we couldn't be happier with our choice.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
the lnc will be easier on brushed motors than the lcc, its still not very kind, but you can run them for a while without doing maintenance. run times on brushed are going to be poor with it, you'll be running the motor harder and faster than you would in say an ax-10 or creeper.

pete
Just curious, why is the LCC harder on motors than the LNC?
Do they not share the same gearbox?

Brushless will probably be a while unless they have come down in price, but its good to know what I'm saving for, do you have any recomendations for a low price brushless set up?
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #6
Defy Gravity

no, gear box is not the same. the gearing difference between the lnc and lcc trans is what makes the lcc harder than hell on brushed motors. i've found decent deals on here for systems as well, just an fyi, but have to watch everyday. i went the mmp+17.5 tekin route, and for 165, i couldn't be happier, especially because thats what a good quality brushed setup will cost you. others have great luck running the traxxas motors (as stated previously) and at the sub 30 dollar price tag on that, you're going to have something that ought to last at least until you save for something better.

keep watching here, i saw not too long ago a goat system for 100, while i'm not the biggest novak fan, i was tempted to pick it up for emergency.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #7

i have had my lnc probly about a month now, i love it, well im just getting in to the hobby so from what i kno its pretty reliable, i put 4.5 oz of weight in each front tire. very big differnce from that, and i put a lower turn motor so some more wheel speed so i can '' pop'' over some obstacles i couldnt crawel over, also improve the steering servo. like to a hitec 7955tg with a bec
billytee89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

the lnc is the way to go for someone just getting to the crawling world plus its a added bonus that everything for the lcc can fit on the lnc so you can upgrade it as you progress in the crawling world!
cadency15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:44 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have been pooping around with my LNC for a bit. I have added LCC arms, braces, and battery/rx mount to it. The wheels have about 4.5 oz on the front and foams from some panthers. Im running a 12t titan (i made a mistake, but still runs good) with a Sidewinder and CCbed. A spektrum 6030 servo steers the LCC front links. I still need to upgrade the upper and lower links, but that is lower. I have Rovers in the garage, but waiting on nova foams before i mount them.

Im looking forward to some sportmans comps here this summer and supriisng some axial owners!
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

as stated before grease the axles regularly and get a brushless setup as for run times will vary with lipos you should get at least 45min to an hr of runtime with the lipo you mentioned
crawlinisfun is offline   Reply With Quote