Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC brushless

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #1

Default LNC brushless

i was wondering if anyone ever put the velineon vxl-3s and the 3500 brushless motor in a LNC, or if it would even fit? i know its out of a 1/10th scale slash, but wasnt sure if a 1/10th scale crawler was the same, also would there be any downsides to that setup if it does fit??
me235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: LNC brushless

the velineon speed controller would run everything fine, but teh vemineon motor isnt sensored so it makes a horrible crawler motor, too jerky to get started and doesnt like going slow. size wise 10th is 10th it fits. i tryed it in mine. the speed controller just doesnt mount ot the stock esc plate, if i remeber correctly.
TNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #3

alright makes sence, is it because the esc doesnt have a crawler mode that its very jerky?? i have a 1/16th scale revo and i kinda jimmy rigged the brushless motor and esc in there and it has more power than i could ever want but it doesnt fit in there well but i do see what you are saying about how jerky it is and it doesnt go straight from forward to reverse like the stock losi esc. anyway, is there a affordable brushless motor and esc that is ment for crawlers? ive seen a few people are talking about like goat but wanna stay a little farther than that below 200, ive also read that the Titan 550 is a good swap but its brushed, if thats the route i went do i just stick with my stock esc??
Old 02-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

kinda a noob at this myself... but iv done tonz of searching on here and i get the gist of what everyone is saying...

the reason the velineon wont work for a crawler isnt the esc.. its the motor itself... its cause it isnt sensored. the esc has a sensor port that will handel a sensored motor but ud have to buy one. wit that said yes the titan 550 seems to be a decent swap and yes its a brushed, no u wouldnt need to repalce ur stock esc for it i believe its just a straight sway. brushed motors seem to be (from what i read) smoother starts that any non-sensored brushless. and smooth is what a crawler needs.
TNorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #5

what would be an example of a sensored brushless motor??
Old 02-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by me235 View Post
what would be an example of a sensored brushless motor??
One of the three Novak ballistic crawler motors. They are all sensored.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Green Tapatalk
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote

LNC brushless - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brushless with stock ESC in LNC TTTOtis Newbie General 2 11-03-2011 01:12 PM
Going Brushless with my LNC what pinion ? theupsguy Newbie General 4 05-04-2010 10:59 PM