Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Spindle king pin help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Spindle king pin help

Are there any alternatives that someone has found for the king pins on the front spindles??
I lost One somehow and have plans to crawl with some buddies this weekend.
I can't find a pin nor think of an alternate for a temporary fix until i can order some
zkid009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 03:47 PM   #2

Default Re: Spindle king pin help

I lost one of mine this past weekend as well. I ended up ordering some. Should be here tomorrow. I can send you the eBay link for them if you would like. Got them for around 8 bucks shipped. You could also check your lhs. The ones around me don't carry very many losi parts. But what can you do? I see you are in Birmingham. Whereabouts?!
redxj33s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I live in moody/Leeds. Kinda on the line haha what about you?

And yeah I can order some but need some by Saturday. That's the thought part.
I thought about findin a bolt that'll thread into the c hub and drilling the spindle out just a little so it'll still free spin but that's a last resort at the moment
Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #4

You might could get a button head that will fit through both the c and the knuckle and put a nut on the bottom. The only problem would be finding one that the head will not interfere with the cvd. Maybe use a small one and make a sleeve for it I'm in gardendale actually in mt olive. Just outside of gardendale
Old 07-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Tried but not really enough room. I took a small bolt and grinded a notch into it for the set screw to go into to get me by.

And awesome. What kind of rig do you run??
Old 07-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #6

LCC with a mamba Max pro, tekin redline sensored brushless 17.5 motor on hb rovers white. I have only had it for about 2 months and still working on upgrading everything. I did not even think about doing that. Go down to the Alabama section in regions and the thread that I started is where we are talking about going to moss rock Saturday if you are interested
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #7
Got Worms?

for the least knuckle/c damage, get a short 10-32 bolt, grind off all the treads and it should fit fairly snug, grind a flat for the set screw.

Somethign quicker but with possible damage, get a short 4mm bolt, grind a flat for the set screw. It should fit fairly snug

For a permanent, jimmy rigged fix, drill out the C with a #9 drill and tap the knuckle for a 10-32. Then thread a 10-32 bolt through the knuckle and the bolt should "float" in the c hole
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Sweet. And alright I'll definitely check it out!

Thanks Losi. Those are actually the two ideas I thought of. Almost in that order lol

I honestly never realized that there were set screws to hold the pins in until last night.

The bolts I used were 10 mm long, 4mm bolts. They are about 1 mm too short but not a biggy. I believe I'm going to go back and redo it with a 10-32 though because they fit much more snug than the 4mm.

Do you know anyone that has done the tapped with floating C method? That was my first idea but I Wasn't sure if the bolts would back out or not since there wasn't anything to lock it into place

Spindle king pin help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR - Wraith NO SLOP king pin bushings Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 39 12-29-2015 05:40 PM
NO SLOP king pin bushings. AX10, Berg, SCX10 Erik D_lux Axles, Trannys, T-case 142 04-27-2014 06:27 PM
Pin-Type wheels on Wheely King dezrik General Crawlers 2 01-07-2008 09:21 PM
TLT King Pin Substitutions HannibalLecter Newbie General 4 10-18-2006 11:39 AM