Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler
Loading

Notices


Thread: lnc hop ups

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Morristown
Posts: 375
Default lnc hop ups

i just got a lnc i put lcc links and drive shafts on it. got a hitec 7954 sevo.

looking for a good tire and motor and esc to put in it what is working good for you guys.

i am cinda on a budjet also
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper
 
Werty Made's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: carson city
Posts: 473
Default

Pm sent.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Harleysville
Posts: 58
Default Re: lnc hop ups

I'm a newbie but have been running the Rovers and like them. I like my Tekin combo but it is kinda pricey. I heard alot of people using the CC with good luck. Depending who you ask a Novak Goat is to avoid but the price is right and almost went with that.
Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Morristown
Posts: 375
Default Re: lnc hop ups

ok need to make a motor up gread the stock motor bernt out. what is a good thng to go to thats brusted or i can get a geaper brushless.
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #5
RCC Addict
 
pajey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia Queensland!
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Cheap brushed is 21t traxxas, don't get a cheap brush less it won't be worth it just CC mamba Max and tekin brush less is the go.
pajey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Rock Crawler
 
dentonmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 606
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Cheap brushed is 21t traxxas, don't get a cheap brush less it won't be worth it just CC mamba Max and tekin brush less is the go.
X2 on the MMP or RS. I have run these exclusively in mine and either is amazing.

I ran the Tekin 21.5 system in mine for many years and it was (and still is) great, I just needed more wheel speed. There always seemed to be one gate at the comp where you had to have wheel speed. I went with cheapo 17.5s and they did well. I recently put in a crawler specific motor (specifically, Losi 17.5 crawler) and a whole new world has opened up. The slow speed torque is fantastic.

Hope it helps
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Morristown
Posts: 375
Default Re: lnc hop ups

thanks i will look into the 2
heminutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 376
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
X2 on the MMP or RS. I have run these exclusively in mine and either is amazing.

I ran the Tekin 21.5 system in mine for many years and it was (and still is) great, I just needed more wheel speed. There always seemed to be one gate at the comp where you had to have wheel speed. I went with cheapo 17.5s and they did well. I recently put in a crawler specific motor (specifically, Losi 17.5 crawler) and a whole new world has opened up. The slow speed torque is fantastic.

Hope it helps
Denton,
Do you find the Losi motor better for crawling than the Tekin or Novak?
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
mrG
How did you...
 
mrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the thinking chair
Posts: 789
Default Re: lnc hop ups

After smoking 2 brushed motors I got a mmp, Tekin 21.5, 4s and finally a 14mm rotor. In that order but the 4s isn't necessary with the CHEAT mode on the mmp. Been running it for 2 1/2 seasons now no issues. I would recommend the mmp 1 cell and a Tekin. You will need to adjust the mmp setting with the castlelink, but I have no doubt that you'll like it. And your just in time for the new Tekin roc412 motor
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
Rock Crawler
 
dentonmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 606
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato54 View Post
Denton,
Do you find the Losi motor better for crawling than the Tekin or Novak?
Yes, but that is not an apples to apples comparison. It was a Tekin Redline 21.5 compared to Losi 17.5 Crawler. The major difference is the rotor size. Tekin is 12.5mm, and the Losi is 13.5mm. Which equals lower KV but much more torque. The tekin I had is, by far, the smoothest, but it was just a 21.5 so the only thing I was lacking wheel speed.

I have also tried D3 17.5, Novak Crawler 18.5, Speedpassion Sportsman 17.5 (surprisingly pretty good). All good motors with their quirks, that I know could be worked out if I understood ESC tuning better. The Losi with the RS is just smooth, quiet, and low end torque is impressive. The one that I want to try is the new Tekin ROC that is supposedly coming out soon.

Hey, I just realized who I was talking to....Ray...What's up sir? Great run last weekend - congrats on the top sporty spot amongst some great drivers. And you clipped me by 1 in Pro! I am working on the 'strato lose slipper mod,' because it worked so well for you last weekend.

All that I wrote above, you already know. I really wanted to like the Novak 18.5, but I just didn't. With my tinkering ways I will give it a better shot at some point. I just gave up on it too soon.

Good to talk to you, sir.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
RCC Addict
 
killswitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Albans
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: lnc hop ups

What settings are you running on the RS? I haven't messed with mine in a long time. Last time I tinkered I used minimum drive at 15 and boost set at 25, RPMS start around 7500 and ends around 20000. This is with a Epic Duo2 17.5. Curious as to what you're running with the losi 17.5...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #12
RCC Addict
 
Olle P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,190
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Where do you find a Losi BL crawler motor? It's not on their web sites...
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
RCC Addict
 
killswitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: St. Albans
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: lnc hop ups

They disco'd them a while ago.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wellford, SC
Posts: 376
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Yes, but that is not an apples to apples comparison. It was a Tekin Redline 21.5 compared to Losi 17.5 Crawler. The major difference is the rotor size. Tekin is 12.5mm, and the Losi is 13.5mm. Which equals lower KV but much more torque. The tekin I had is, by far, the smoothest, but it was just a 21.5 so the only thing I was lacking wheel speed.

I have also tried D3 17.5, Novak Crawler 18.5, Speedpassion Sportsman 17.5 (surprisingly pretty good). All good motors with their quirks, that I know could be worked out if I understood ESC tuning better. The Losi with the RS is just smooth, quiet, and low end torque is impressive. The one that I want to try is the new Tekin ROC that is supposedly coming out soon.

Hey, I just realized who I was talking to....Ray...What's up sir? Great run last weekend - congrats on the top sporty spot amongst some great drivers. And you clipped me by 1 in Pro! I am working on the 'strato lose slipper mod,' because it worked so well for you last weekend.

All that I wrote above, you already know. I really wanted to like the Novak 18.5, but I just didn't. With my tinkering ways I will give it a better shot at some point. I just gave up on it too soon.

Good to talk to you, sir.
Thanks for the info Denton. I actually have very little experience with the Losi. I just bought a used one about 2 months ago. It's been all Pro rigs up until then, so I am just learning. Since the comp, I have changed chassis and esc. The stalling you saw was not only my slippers, but I was having some esc problems. I bought a new Tekin RS and it works like it is supposed to. The MMP was clipping out at any sign of resistance and I would have to go to neutral to reset and get it to go. I'll be sending that to Castle for evaluation and hopefully, repair. Really enjoyed meeting you and even more, comping with you. Hope you get to come to one of ours sometime. I look forward to sharing more insights into the setup of the Losi. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute sometime.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
Rock Crawler
 
dentonmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 606
Default Re: lnc hop ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
Where do you find a Losi BL crawler motor? It's not on their web sites...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
They disco'd them a while ago.
Yup they disco'd their whole 1/10 electronics line. The ESCs were just horrible. Motors were actually pretty good (I think I heard they are LRP - don't quote me on that). I have the stock 13.5 system in my 22 RTR. The motor is pretty powerful, but just waiting on the ESC to go.

I actually bought a used LCC and the 17.5 motor was in there. I cleaned it up and, on a lark, put it in and was pleasantly surprised. I'll be running that for awhile.

You can still find them new on ebay. I can't find them used.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


lnc hop ups - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lnc hop-ups dodge12vcummins Team Losi Comp Crawler 26 08-24-2011 10:58 PM
Must Have Hop Ups?? monsterman Axial SCX-10 22 01-10-2011 06:26 PM
hop ups Mr.Slave Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 08-06-2008 09:33 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com