Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Sportsman Chassis?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #21
WAM
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Sportsman Chassis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsandkes View Post
Just got a tracking number from EvilTwin v2, so a Losi version of "The Ringer" chassis is on it's way. Sounds like it is coming with lower links and front/rear link plates!
That sounds like a good choice. He's talked about doing a Losi version forever, but business got bogged down before he could get into production. Has anyone seen any build threads for his Losi version? M_energy's doesn't count because that's an AX conversion.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #22
RCC Addict

I don't think there are any, I didn't know he was even making a losi version. But with how well the chassis is working on the ax10's it looks like it will be a nice chassis to run.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Time to get busy!

jlsandkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #24
MODERATOR™

Nice. I was at Battlegrounds with Eviltwin there and got to check that out. He did good. I was tempted pretty good to get one. Probably should have in hindsight, but yeah.

The servo mount plate is a nice touch.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Nice. I was at Battlegrounds with Eviltwin there and got to check that out. He did good. I was tempted pretty good to get one. Probably should have in hindsight, but yeah.

The servo mount plate is a nice touch.

I think it is going to workout really well. The only "negative" thing I have come across so far, while test fitting the transmission/motor to the chassis, I realized I will have to do a little grinding to get it clear the side plate. I have contacted EddieO to see about getting one of his Br00d Axle Buster v2. It will fit without modification. How do you like yours? Can you compare it to a 17.5T brushless?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #26
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Br00d Axle Buster v2. It will fit without modification. How do you like yours? Can you compare it to a 17.5T brushless?
Can't compare to a 17.5, but I can to a 18.5 and 13.5. I'd rather have this Axle Buster.

BUT!! Motor maintenance (lathe comm cuts/clean) is mandatory. Otherwise, do brushless.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Summer has been busy, but the kids are getting ready for school next week so I have finally had some time to work one this. Not a lot done but it's at least a roller:

Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Looking good! I'm keen on getting into the 2.2s scene so I'm following losi based build threads. Curious to find out how the 17.5t Novak works out for you. What gearing are you going to run?
Crawl Space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl Space View Post
Looking good! I'm keen on getting into the 2.2s scene so I'm following losi based build threads. Curious to find out how the 17.5t Novak works out for you. What gearing are you going to run?
Thanks. As far as the gearing goes I am not sure what I am going to run. Hopefully I can get the wiring done over the weekend and start experimenting with what pinion will work best with this combination.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #30

Quote:
Summer has been busy, but the kids are getting ready for school next week so I have finally had some time to work one this. Not a lot done but it's at least a roller:

Any chance of a pic from underneath? in the process of building a rig similar but not sure how to do the skid. thanks.
LNCkArIzMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

It has been a while since I have updated this thread (still need to install the Tag Axle Widening Kit):

Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNCkArIzMa View Post
Any chance of a pic from underneath? in the process of building a rig similar but not sure how to do the skid. thanks.
Let me know if you still need to see it, and I will get a picture posted.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I do have a question for you guys, what gearing are you using with the LNC transmission? I am running an 18t pinion, but I am still not really happy with the wheel speed. I am considering going to a 20t or more but I don't want to mess up the low speed side of things. I was able to find a combination that worked when I ran the LCC transmission, just not there yet with the LNC transmission.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I do have a question for you guys, what gearing are you using with the LNC transmission? I am running an 18t pinion, but I am still not really happy with the wheel speed. I am considering going to a 20t or more but I don't want to mess up the low speed side of things. I was able to find a combination that worked when I ran the LCC transmission, just not there yet with the LNC transmission.
If the LCC and LNC gear ratios reported elsewhere in this forum are correct then your LNC should have identical gearing to your previous LCC with a LNC pinion = 1.25 x LCC Pinion. So what was your LCC "combination that worked"?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

I have a 18t in mine and my brother has a 19 in his but several are using 20 it's what comes stock in the night crawler!
huskerfan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
If the LCC and LNC gear ratios reported elsewhere in this forum are correct then your LNC should have identical gearing to your previous LCC with a LNC pinion = 1.25 x LCC Pinion. So what was your LCC "combination that worked"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan406 View Post
I have a 18t in mine and my brother has a 19 in his but several are using 20 it's what comes stock in the night crawler!
Thanks guys, I was using a 15T & 16T before which works outs to basically 19T & 20T. I found a 20T in my parts ben and I think it gets me to where I want to be.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I have seen a lot of discussion on what to run on our rigs and I will say I am really happy with my setup. I ran it today and it has what I feel is great wheel speed with slow speed control. Unfortunately my rig is now pulled apart to do the Tag Axle Widening Kit, but what I think everyone needs to do is post some videos of their setups so we can compare. Once I receive my DLUX XR10 modded shafts for 70 degrees of steering I will finish the conversion and shoot some video. Feel free to post your videos here.

Here is my setup:

20 tooth pinion with LNC transmission. This is the motor I have:

Build-A-Ballistic™ Crawler
  • Wound Stator - 17.5T / 2,200Kv (#S6617)
  • Sintered Rotor - 14mm (#5950)
  • Endbell - Vented
  • Bearings - Ceramic (#S6701)
  • Motor Sleeve - Black (#S5420)
  • Harness - 4"/100mm (#5351)
Also rather that running MMP speed control I am running a Tekin RS and everything stays cool (well cool enough to comfortably touch).

Last edited by jlsandkes; 12-17-2014 at 10:35 PM.