RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   dentonmac's LCC Shaftsman - Pic Heavy (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/451498-dentonmacs-lcc-shaftsman-pic-heavy.html)

anuthabubba 01-31-2014 08:38 PM

Re: dentonmac's LCC Shaftsman - Pic Heavy

Good luck with it.

braune 02-01-2014 02:29 AM

I wishyou good luck with your Losi"thumbsup"

I like the body, looks really used, 100% my taste"thumbsup"

dentonmac 02-01-2014 03:49 PM

Well I am pretty dang stoked. She ran just amazing today. I pulled a 2nd against a crew of 12 - 15 great drivers.

I hit a gate (well, not a hit really, more like a slight graze) on the last course, which put me out of first. I did however pull the bonus, which no one else made today (some pro rigs tried it for fun and no dice).

I feel I am at the point where I need to maintain. At no point today did the rig feel unstable, or unpredictable, It was totally the driver failing it. So, I ask you guys, if I ever talk about changing stuff, just tell me to go practice some more.

The old girl did good today. I had many an Axial driver coming to look up her skirt.

anuthabubba 02-01-2014 05:21 PM

Congrats Dent!

Makes me want to get back to work on my LCC. Been messing with the Micro Crawlers for the last few months.

braune 02-02-2014 06:21 AM

Congrats on getting second"thumbsup"

I don't know if I missed it, but how much weight are you running up front and how much on the rear?

moondog rc 02-02-2014 08:52 AM

Dent, you did an amazing job yesterday. You really have that losi dialed in. Really liked your rig and being able to watch all the skilled drivers out there. I went just to have a good time, and that I did. Hope to be able to go back soon. Maybe even get a little better at my driving and truck set up. ( I have a lot to learn)

dentonmac 02-02-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moondog rc (Post 4654998)
Dent, you did an amazing job yesterday. You really have that losi dialed in. Really liked your rig and being able to watch all the skilled drivers out there. I went just to have a good time, and that I did. Hope to be able to go back soon. Maybe even get a little better at my driving and truck set up. ( I have a lot to learn)

Thanks, but who was I asking for line and course management advice on course 2? I had just watched you run it and did a fantastic job. Just a little more clearance for your lowers, a little more time on and trust in your rig and you, sir, will be one scary sportsman driver with your throttle control and calm nature. Great job for your first comp. Congrats on the Scaler Run finish.

I am so glad you came out, and brought (err....sponsored) a crew. For being world class sponsored drivers, cutting edge fabricators, and RCC vendors, I have found everyone in ETRC to be so approachable and helpful. Just real good people, for being such ding dongs.

dentonmac 02-02-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braune (Post 4654872)
Congrats on getting second"thumbsup"

I don't know if I missed it, but how much weight are you running up front and how much on the rear?

Thanks man, really appreciate that. Sorry I missed the question.

Front - Old vanquish DHs, no weights, or weight taped inside. No knuckle weight.

Rear - DE racing wheels with VP hub mod. Lattice innovation switch hubs. No weight in wheel. 1.5 oz taped to each rear lockout.

With all the electronics on the front axle (rx on chassis) great forward weight bias.

I think RTR weight is about 4.5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/03/urymage3.jpg

braune 02-02-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentonmac (Post 4655344)
Thanks man, really appreciate that. Sorry I missed the question.

Front - Old vanquish DHs, no weights, or weight taped inside. No knuckle weight.

Rear - DE racing wheels with VP hub mod. Lattice innovation switch hubs. No weight in wheel. 1.5 oz taped to each rear lockout.

With all the electronics on the front axle (rx on chassis) great forward weight bias.

I think RTR weight is about 4.5.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/03/urymage3.jpg

Thanks, the weight bias is just as mine"thumbsup"

Best regards,
Jeffrey

dentonmac 02-04-2014 07:46 PM

Scores Posted. I have been too mad at myself to even look at them.

2.2 S

Strato54 -37
Dentonmac -35
ClassicCutCustoms -26
Crazyboutcrawlin -10
Pdog7 -7
obebaldone1 -5
MoondogRC 1
Cliff1119 5
PsychoRC 69

I know I can't do this to myself, but that is just two reverses....two stinkin' reverses.

Oh well, the rig still did just great. I am not changing anything, no complaints anywhere. Just increase my practice routine....alot! I have a long way to go.

I'll try and post up pix before my post comp tear down.

thomass14 02-04-2014 08:49 PM

good run now go practice. rig is looking good

cliff1119 02-05-2014 09:39 PM

Was real nice meeting u the losi is for sure dialed in I'm not in this section much but I'll keep an eye just for u congrats on 2nd and a real pleasure spending the day with u!!!! (But I'm on ya the next comp lol)

dentonmac 02-06-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliff1119 (Post 4660757)
Was real nice meeting u the losi is for sure dialed in I'm not in this section much but I'll keep an eye just for u congrats on 2nd and a real pleasure spending the day with u!!!! (But I'm on ya the next comp lol)

Thanks Cliff.

Finally able put a face with a name. Enjoyed watching you run your new CCC rigs. I really need to quit looking at those. Sooo Nice.

Meeting you made me even more mad at myself for not making to trek to your place for either the CJC events or the Sporty Showdown.

Bring it Buttercup! My Losi can handle your little puppy!
(Note: That sounded much more manly and threatening in my head than it does written out - so embellish where needed)

Really, looking forward to hanging again. Loved the story about your son with Holmes and Gatekeeper (Is it wrong that your son and I share idols that are 10 years - or more - younger than I am? Just embarrasing)

Hittman 02-06-2014 03:30 PM

Man.. I was liking this build. But then I saw you are whoopin up on my CCC boys.:mrgreen: Somebody get a dislike button up in this b1tch!!:ror:

Jk man, you have a very good build going here. Probably one of, if not the best looking losi's I have seen. Seems like a good performer as well. Looking forward to see how you progress with this rig"thumbsup"

dentonmac 02-06-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 4661680)
Man.. I was liking this build. But then I saw you are whoopin up on my CCC boys.:mrgreen: Somebody get a dislike button up in this b1tch!!:ror:

X2 on the dislike button!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 4661680)
Jk man, you have a very good build going here. Probably one of, if not the best looking losi's I have seen. Seems like a good performer as well. Looking forward to see how you progress with this rig"thumbsup"

Wow dude, thanks! That really means alot!

Yeah, Barry has been talking some trash about that also. I know they are coming...hard. We will see how the season progresses, but I am rather excited about the ol' girl. She has been very good to me. The driver, however, needs more work on the tennis balls and timers.

Funny you posted here. I was just looking at your Boxer build and thought, Finally someone else that runs a similar high-zoot rear weight taped to the lockouts holder thingy! Nice!

Thanks again, bud.

cliff1119 02-06-2014 06:46 PM

Just for the record it probably did sound manlier in ur head, but hey we've all done worst lol

Tgreer 02-06-2014 07:38 PM

Your running some serious knuckle weight up front for it to balance on your finger right there;-)

I know, because I'm just a touch more forward than that!:mrgreen:

dentonmac 02-06-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgreer (Post 4662006)
Your running some serious knuckle weight up front for it to balance on your finger right there;-)

I know, because I'm just a touch more forward than that!:mrgreen:

Actually...um...I am not running any knuckle weight.

I saw how much you were running and was like...damn! As well as remembering your suggestion of running as much as I can fit. Considered, but not needed at the moment.

I am running the VP DHs (pretty heavy) with no slugs and no weight inside. I do have all the electronics on the front Servo/batt plate (RX is on the chassis).

On the rear I am running the DE Racing wheels SLW conversion (super light) with Lattice Shift hubs. No weight on the wheels, but 1.25oz in stick-on weights taped to each lockout. Hi-tech...I know, but it works....well.

I am amazed at the forward bias with no knuckle weights. I am loving how this thing is running. It truly keeps amazing me. Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with the separation at the rear axle. I just hate that the driver is the only thing holding this thing back.

http://www.greathomeimprovements.com/LCC/LCC8.JPG

Although I am now running the rear shocks out-boarded at the lower hole next to the lower as well as the rear lockout weights and the rear links are outboarded at the chassis. I will post pix of the current setup, and the actual RTC (ready to comp) weight.

Tgreer 02-07-2014 09:15 AM

Ok it's in the wheels not in a knuckle, gotcha! Yes those wheels are very heavy. I would challenge you to test running the weight in a knuckle instead of the wheels, it will lower your COG and give you better wheel speed. Overall nice work on your rig, your a die hard losi guy just like me. My current setup is about 6oz per knuckle up front with as much as possible under the axle, then .5oz per side in the rear taped on the lockout under the axle. I would like to see a body off pic of your rig, I think you run it just like I did when I had my stock chassis, it a great setup!"thumbsup"

Yes, separation at the rear axle with the shocks really helps keep the rig planted, I have always tried to spread the shocks as wide as I could on the front and rear!

dentonmac 02-07-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgreer (Post 4662589)
Ok it's in the wheels not in a knuckle, gotcha! Yes those wheels are very heavy. I would challenge you to test running the weight in a knuckle instead of the wheels, it will lower your COG and give you better wheel speed. Overall nice work on your rig, your a die hard losi guy just like me. My current setup is about 6oz per knuckle up front with as much as possible under the axle, then .5oz per side in the rear taped on the lockout under the axle. I would like to see a body off pic of your rig, I think you run it just like I did when I had my stock chassis, it a great setup!"thumbsup"

I do agree, but it's just working so dang well. I am a little nervous about changing anything. Though, just change it back if no-worky. But I do like a little weight in the wheels so there is a little mass so I can rock it when I turtle.

I do need to put the DHs on the scale and see exactly what I am dealing with, but I am still a little shocked that they alone make that much difference.

I am working on getting updated pictures posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgreer (Post 4662589)
Yes, separation at the rear axle with the shocks really helps keep the rig planted, I have always tried to spread the shocks as wide as I could on the front and rear!

Yes, that does help (thanks again for the advice earlier), but I was actually referring to the rear link mount more separated from the axle. My apologies if that was confusing.