RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   dentonmac's LCC Shaftsman - Pic Heavy (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/451498-dentonmacs-lcc-shaftsman-pic-heavy.html)

Tgreer 02-07-2014 06:47 PM

Re: dentonmac's LCC Shaftsman - Pic Heavy

I see what your talking about on the rear link mount, I may have to try moving mine up some, I know it helped my berg, so it will probably help my losi too. The shocks, at least for me, seem to really help sidehills when they are spread wider, that's what I thought you where pointing out, but I obviously wasn't paying attention!:oops:

dentonmac 02-07-2014 07:04 PM

So true, so true! I so appreciate your input.

90Finder 02-12-2014 09:15 PM

Awesome build, just read through it while I wait on my TAG kit to arrive for mine. Was curious what size hubs you were running upfront with the DH's and TAG mod? Also, what is the benefit of mounting your upper rear links so far away from the top of the axle?

dentonmac 02-13-2014 06:43 AM

dentonmac's LCC Shaftsman - Pic Heavy

Thanks Bud,

They look like 585s. Not super sure, they came with the wheels when I bought them. But I am right at 11 inches wide. IMO, a hair on the wide side, but I have no complaints in the way it is running.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/13/jyjagu3u.jpg

The separation at the rear axles really gives it some squat. Not a ton, but just enough. I need to refind it, but in Dluxs LCC thread there was a discussion about the benefits. I had also read that you want the uppers as level as possible. Really, I added spacers then ran it on my test rocks, added a spacer, ran, added a spacer...ect. till it was feeling right.

dentonmac 02-13-2014 10:24 AM

Look what I found.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-...-solution.html

90Finder 02-14-2014 10:32 PM

Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. My link mounts are aluminum and have multiple hole positions, I use the top hole which apparently has the same affect as the spacers. Should have read through some of the builds on here to save myself lots of tuning time! Oh well, I learned a lot tuning the current setup myself. : )

I need to post a build thread on mine. I'm horrible about documenting as I make changes... I am really looking forward to seeing how much the TAG kit increases steering angles!

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...psw03pgyvc.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...pspeiuqz45.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...pshbi4zw2n.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...psudwynp2u.jpg

cboggs 02-15-2014 12:10 AM

^^^your not showing what's underneath that lid.:mrgreen:"thumbsup"

90Finder 02-15-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cboggs (Post 4673082)
^^^your not showing what's underneath that lid.:mrgreen:"thumbsup"

Haha, I'll post some naked shots of her soon. I'm pretty sure no other losi is running this chassis, wouldn't you say so. "thumbsup" With minimal tuning it just flat out works! :mrgreen:

dentonmac 02-15-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90Finder (Post 4673029)

It looks so mean! I love how low the body is! Looks awesome.

You should be able to get a little more steering out of it if you pit the front shocks back in stock position (or get a little width - what is your width?). Grind on the c hubs where the steering arm on the knuckle meets it. At that point you should be about maxing out the CVDs.

You should also run your drag link to the other side of your tie rod. In the pix it looks like the link is about to hit the servo horn. So, You are not getting full throw out of the servo.

X2, on the naked pix of your girl? Sounded bad, but you know what I mean.

90Finder 02-15-2014 04:37 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to post up a thread of my own... Stay tuned, I'll get it up this weekend.

Tgreer 02-15-2014 06:58 PM

90finder after you have a TAG kit your problem will be to come up with a bump stop, because you will have more steer than you know what to do with!:twisted:

You've got me curios, I want to set what you have setup under that lid!

dentonmac 02-23-2014 06:34 PM

Shot a little video. The raw footage, the good, bad and ugly.

Need to work on keeping it in frame.

dentonmac's Shaftsman ROCCKing the Dam - YouTube

Tgreer 02-23-2014 08:21 PM

Cool spot! Do you ever feel like your rear axle is too light. Especially going down hill? Mine seemed that way because the rear would tip over the front pretty easy. I tapped some lead under the lockout and it helped alot."thumbsup"

Really fun watching your rig, it behaves just like mine!

Liv3mind 02-27-2014 05:50 PM

is there a reason you went with the 4" big bores to begin with AND did the cap mod for more length?

dentonmac 02-27-2014 08:13 PM

Sure thing. I like my suspension to settle a little when I pit it down. I believe that it helps on break overs as well as allows the springs to do their intended job better.

When I removed the suspension arms on the chassis, to reduce sprung weight up high. To get the ride height I needed, I had to run the shocks stiff to keep it there. I didn't like. I also had no down travel. So I had to add length to the shock, and softened the springs.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if it does not.

Liv3mind 02-27-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentonmac (Post 4689819)
Sure thing. I like my suspension to settle a little when I pit it down. I believe that it helps on break overs as well as allows the springs to do their intended job better.

When I removed the suspension arms on the chassis, to reduce sprung weight up high. To get the ride height I needed, I had to run the shocks stiff to keep it there. I didn't like. I also had no down travel. So I had to add length to the shock, and softened the springs.

Hope that answers your question, let me know if it does not.

that definitely helps, and definitely answers my question, I am running my shocks off of the chassis instead of towers, and am looking for more sag without hurting my travel so I guess big bores longer are a viable option for me, thank you

dentonmac 03-04-2014 07:34 PM

I got to say how amazed I am about all the action going on in the Losi thread right now. There are at least 10 truly incredible sporty builds going on, some mind-blowing scaler action, a vendor working on Losi specific parts, and some new guys that are continuing to push the limits with a zest that is inspiring. The creativity and functionality is off the charts. Every week I am going….now THAT is cool. I never thought of that. And all of that is with very little aftermarket and vendor support. That is truly the amazing part. AND THEN you take them out and 'do work' with great results.

I'll admit that about a year ago I was feeling that I had about taken my Losi to its limit, but I am so thankful that you all proved me very wrong. My list is continually growing of stuff that I want to try. My old girl is performing better and better, and my axial is continuing to collect more and more dust. I'll get to it…..eventually.

Carry on Gentlemen, I am excited to see what tomorrow holds in this Losi side of the world. I see more and more axial drivers poking their head in here.

Thank you for continuing to push the limits for myself and the platform that I love so.

Ok, enough of the mushy crap! I got some videos.

Practicing Sporty at Northshore - Losi - YouTube

The bonus gate at the comp that I was talking about earlier is at 1:06 in this one. I don't make it, probably because I took a little weight out of my wheels.

Practicing a little sporty at Northshore - Losi - YouTube

Liv3mind 03-04-2014 08:14 PM

Looks like it's doing really well, I wish there were comps local for me or more g2g action, your car is definitely a helpful build for me, after watching those vids I'm no longer slightly hesitant about doing the tranny flip on my lnc! This weekend I'm gunna do it. Nice practice vids too!

braune 03-04-2014 11:46 PM

I think the same about Losis, they are compready just as AXs are. You just need to give them a try!:thumbup:

Really nice driving skills!
How much clearance are you running?
Edit: Saw it in the first picture, sorry ;)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

dentonmac 03-14-2014 10:41 PM

Well I couldn't stand it, I just did the JENS LNC tranny mod. Very easy, didn't do it as nice, but it works...very well.

I found that an 18t pinion fits with perfect mesh without any mod to the motor screw slots. Top end is pretty dang amazing, but I may have to drop a few teeth. I'm going to the rocks tomorrow, and I'll check on the low end. But my super extensive garage test proved pretty impressive.

Shout out to you JENS! Also a shout out to the RS setting you posted for me in your thread. My RX wire got clipped at the box on my RS. So I had to put my other RS in there while it is getting repaired. My RS was so old I don't even remember where to even start with the programming. After searching and searching, I remembered you had posted yours. I tweaked mine a little from yours, but a great starting point, actually running better than it was.

Is a double shout out even legal?