Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: liv3mind's lnc stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default liv3mind's lnc stuff

Here is my solution for springs, holy cow this thing is amazing now, il try and get some action pics tomorrow with my good camera, mini t springs-pink springs front brown springs rear. not really sure how I would describe it, the way the truck sits at ride height shock is about 1/2 way compressed, skid sits at 2", lots of drop out because the shocks are laid out, I am loving it set up really low, il show ride height pics tomorrow as well
Crap iPad pics

And the ts-910 servo is ordered, hopefully il have it in a couple weeks

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-03-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I started the tranny flip today, should be done with it tomorrow, I'm getting jazzed on this thing, glad I have a spare lnc for my "serious" build (tag kit) cause I'm not gunna want to lose all the work I'm putting on this here copper one
Old 03-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: liv3mind's lnc stuff

as promised here are pics of the tranny flip, and new electronics placement, receiver is glued to the frame and tranny, mmp is half decased and attached to receiver and frame, there is zero tranny/motor movement! awesome mod and glad people pushed me to do it! thanks all

here is a pic of how I did the mini T springs for the people who pm'ed me about it

tranny flip pics

Old 03-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Nice job.

Now that you have the driveshaft out of the way. Flip the DLux rear lowers around so the bend is closer to chassis. You will not believe how much better it handles break overs.

Things have changed a little since this pix was taken, but you get the idea. Sooo much clearance.

dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the shock pics my question on the tranny flip an chassis mods or any other mods to flip tranny
Alamo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Nice job.

Now that you have the driveshaft out of the way. Flip the DLux rear lowers around so the bend is closer to chassis. You will not believe how much better it handles break overs.

Things have changed a little since this pix was taken, but you get the idea. Sooo much clearance.

]

Il have to do the links tonight, I'm gunna take it out and try it right now, il get some pics. Are you running bent uppers? How are you avoiding contact between uppers and lowers? My lowers hit bad unless the links are In between horizontal and vertical, closer to horizontal
Old 03-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo71 View Post
Thanks for the shock pics my question on the tranny flip an chassis mods or any other mods to flip tranny
feel free to ask anything you want, I learned from going through other build threads, mainly the guys that have posted stuff in mine, there is a ton of great information in their stuff
Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

here are some pics I took of the truck playing in the runoff area about a mile from my house, this lnc (or whats left of it lol) is starting to handle the way it should, that tranny flip really didn't do anything I can notice myself to the weight distribution, I did place all electronics opposite of the motor so that probably helped. the truck itself is really starting to surprise me with what it can do. and to anyone wondering, the Ottsix voodoo tires are insanely nice and grip the rocks very well.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv3mind View Post
Are you running bent uppers? How are you avoiding contact between uppers and lowers? My lowers hit bad unless the links are In between horizontal and vertical, closer to horizontal
Uppers are straight as a string. Once you flip them, the bend is out of play.

Hope these show you what I am talking about.

Rig looks awesome.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I switched them nice and straight now. Thanks for the pics, it has insane link clearance now

Old 03-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Well it's time for a servo, burnt out today, hopefully I can go to lhs and buy one tomorrow cause I was hoping to do a comp Saturday. I also plan to ordered slw .750 (front) .600 (rear) hex hubs tonight. What is a buy 1 time and forget servo? S9157 futaba or hitec 7950th? Can I run a comp crawler servo arm? And What can I do to increase steering angle ?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:48 PM   #32
Defy Gravity

both of those are good servos, i have to say hitec's customer service was excellent though. i've never called in a futaba, but when my first 7950 nuked a couple amps on the board, it was as simple as calling them and they sent a new one with return packaging for the burnt one. the 7950 is pretty strong, pretty hungry, has worked well in my rig since last summer. i will say it is slower than the savox 1268 it replaced, but the strength more than makes up for it.

hitec servos (anything not in the 8xxx or 9xxx series if i remember right) are a 24t spline pattern, hitec is about the only one i can think of off hand that uses this, where futaba 25t spline is pretty much standard these days. the newer hitec's swapped to this, so check on Servo Database - RC Servo Specs and Reviews for more info.

in reality i don't think you can truly go wrong with the newer hitec's or futaba's, just check specs and then see where the chips land.

steering angle is largely limited by the cvd design used, the max throw without grinding is about 45 deg. you can grind the cups, but they're already a bit under-engineered as far as beef goes. you'll also run into pin problems grinding due to the small diameter pins losi used here. the easy way to kick the throw to max is to get a longer horn with your servo, moves the drag link mounting point away from the rotational center, boom. more throw.

i have to advise here though to set end points on the radio when you upgrade. the fastest way to burn a servo up is to make it try to push when it can't (i.e. when the knuckle hits the c). set the endpoints a touch below when it hits the limit. i can't remember if you're still running the stock radio, but if you are, it is in your best interest to invest in a new radio here. these high power servos will tear themselves to pieces if you don't set them up properly, and if you get one with some model memory, you can use it for the micro too.
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtpdm5 View Post
both of those are good servos, i have to say hitec's customer service was excellent though. i've never called in a futaba, but when my first 7950 nuked a couple amps on the board, it was as simple as calling them and they sent a new one with return packaging for the burnt one. the 7950 is pretty strong, pretty hungry, has worked well in my rig since last summer. i will say it is slower than the savox 1268 it replaced, but the strength more than makes up for it.

hitec servos (anything not in the 8xxx or 9xxx series if i remember right) are a 24t spline pattern, hitec is about the only one i can think of off hand that uses this, where futaba 25t spline is pretty much standard these days. the newer hitec's swapped to this, so check on Servo Database - RC Servo Specs and Reviews for more info.

in reality i don't think you can truly go wrong with the newer hitec's or futaba's, just check specs and then see where the chips land.

steering angle is largely limited by the cvd design used, the max throw without grinding is about 45 deg. you can grind the cups, but they're already a bit under-engineered as far as beef goes. you'll also run into pin problems grinding due to the small diameter pins losi used here. the easy way to kick the throw to max is to get a longer horn with your servo, moves the drag link mounting point away from the rotational center, boom. more throw.

i have to advise here though to set end points on the radio when you upgrade. the fastest way to burn a servo up is to make it try to push when it can't (i.e. when the knuckle hits the c). set the endpoints a touch below when it hits the limit. i can't remember if you're still running the stock radio, but if you are, it is in your best interest to invest in a new radio here. these high power servos will tear themselves to pieces if you don't set them up properly, and if you get one with some model memory, you can use it for the micro too.

I am running the stock radio, there is an adjustment knob for steering throw will that not work if I set it and glue it lol? Unfortunately a new radio wasn't planned for immediate future. But I do have 2 lnc's since I ordered my boys matching "slick rocks" so having 1 radio for both would be ssabad. What radio is a good one for doing that at a decent price point say under 175$? Il probably be buying the 7950th tomorrow, hopefully I can get it going safely by sat, looks like I'm driving with the 2.2pro class, should be an interesting first comp. I don't know that I want to go grinding something that's already weak, so I will probably leave that cvd alone. Also should I run the 7950 at less than 7.4?
Old 03-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

here are some pics from my first comp, it was so much fun, I will be doing this as often as they are held, truck did excellent, the 2950th was an excellent choice, i need the truck to be wider, so i ordered slw 800 hubs and dlux wheels, if i need to i will order hub spacers as well, but we will see, anyways here are the pics

safe to say the truck is capable of much more than i can provide as a driver right now, practice practice
Old 03-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

if anyone is interested i took 270 pictures of different trucks, here is the link if anyone is bored

Comp1 Photos by liv3mind | Photobucket
Old 03-10-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Glad your lovin it!

Also try experimenting with knuckle weight or wheel weight.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Glad your lovin it!

Also try experimenting with knuckle weight or wheel weight.

Yeah a decent knuckle or wheel weight system is in order very soon. I just started buying parts this morning for my MOA build too. New wheels and hubs are going on the lnc, hubs and wheels for lnc are ordered. I need to figure out a decent remote solution as well.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah a decent knuckle or wheel weight system is in order very soon. I just started buying parts this morning for my MOA build too. New wheels and hubs are going on the lnc, hubs and wheels for lnc are ordered. I need to figure out a decent remote solution as well.
Futaba 4pl!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

4pls?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
4pls?
Either will serve you well. Not that much difference between them...or at least what would matter to us crawlers.

The 4pl came out months after I purchased my 4pk or I probably would of gone that route. Futaba has served me well for many, many years.

They are the standard for a reason.

Loved the pix, thanks for sharing.