Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: liv3mind's lnc stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: liv3mind's lnc stuff

LNC Trans probably the best bet.

For 11.3"WB, I would use either LCC or Stampede shafts and cut them as needed to fit. Super easy!

Do you plan on running a Losi skid with Losi geometry? Or are you doing something different?

Last edited by GiJoe; 04-16-2014 at 02:11 PM.
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiJoe View Post
LNC Trans probably the best bet.

For 11.3"WB, I would use either LCC or Stampede shafts and cut them as needed to fit. Super easy!

Do you plan on running a Losi skid with Losi geometry? Or are you doing something different?

I will probably end up running losi skid, but I'm going to look at redrilling the axial skid to accept losi tranny. Il probably end up hacking the stock chassis and mounting it to the axial frame as I've seen done in a few threads. I might end up doing something a little more custom (short links front longer rear) I'm still debating
Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Default liv3mind's lnc stuff

I was experimenting tonight just to see, when I get my 3d printer I think I'm going to make a skid out of 645 nylon and a new tranny bracket

Last edited by Liv3mind; 04-19-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:52 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Default liv3mind's lnc stuff

My extra losi axles are going under the scx10 this coming week, axial axles/Trannys are just not for me (for reasons I'm not going into) so they will be for sale soon. I'm tired of looking at my sporty and wanting to tinker sooooo:

So I'm going to try and get this drawn up in cad ASAP. It is literally almost a much shorter and narrowed copy of the stock losi chassis plates (down to the body mount holes) with the tranny flip in mind, the only hing I changed where the shocks mount, I will be running a full droop setup front and a semi droop/sprung in the rear. And I'm designing it around this suspension setup. I feel the link geometry of the stock chassis and skid and perfect for me with the dlux links and I have no desire to even attempt to improve something that works great already so link placement will remain as it is. I will be making a narrower skid however, doing the new gear mod and bringing the motor in as far as possible. I realized today that I really don't have too much of a desire to build a 2.2p rig, so here comes ALOT of experimenting and updating of this thread, probably fairly slowly.

I did this very tiredly after setting up Easter stuff with my wife for my boys for Easter but Here is a VERY ROUGH paper cutout of where I'm heading:

Last edited by Liv3mind; 04-20-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Can someone send me in the right direction for doing the xr mod to my losi axle?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 AM   #66
RCC Addict

Do you have a TAG widening kit?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #67
Quarry Creeper

I do not
Old 04-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #68
RCC Addict

Eventually there will be another run of TAG widening kits made, keep an eye on that and get on the list when it does. That's how you achieve using xr shafts, knuckles, and chubs.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

hey just bringing this back to life, work stole me for a while, and i disappeared, but am hoping now that i have moved back to San Diego i can get back into crawling as i have free time again and hopefully get out to some comps if they are still happening. hoping to get some updates to this thread going soon. i have a buddy i talked to for some time last night about starting to design a chassis for this over the next couple weeks so i can get her up and running again. anyone have any old custom LCC chassis dimensions they would care to share my way? im also going to need to sort out the front axle (better steering)

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-02-2016 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #70
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv3mind View Post
hey just bringing this back to life, work stole me for a while, and i disappeared, but am hoping now that i have moved back to San Diego i can get back into crawling as i have free time again and hopefully get out to some comps if they are still happening. hoping to get some updates to this thread going soon. i have a buddy i talked to for some time last night about starting to design a chassis for this over the next couple weeks so i can get her up and running again. anyone have any old custom LCC chassis dimensions they would care to share my way? im also going to need to sort out the front axle (better steering)

We are gonna be releasing our unStuck chassis soon and a tester is getting one with a Losi skid soon to try out so that option will be available.

I know 5th Dimension also has the Losi skid available for their Suckerpunch chassis too that works very well.

Hope that helps you with chassis ideas.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Super Stoked, robbob at Store | Krazed Builds is going to be helping me get this thing comp ready and bring it back from the dead!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

It's somewhat difficult to properly re-chassis the LCC. If you look at the LCC skid in detail, you'll find the tranny and motor are sunk way down into a fairly complex and well done skid/chassis design. Most conversions simply bolt the tranny to the top surface of a thick skid and lose those original CG advantages. I would recommend that before you undertake a conversion, develop your car using the Losi hardware prepped up to the level that DelMonte achieved as Losi Team driver (find his thread). After it's as good as you can make it, then proceed with a conversion being sure not to lose any design performance in the process. While you're doing your homework, find the Rubbaneck tranny flip and decide if that's for you. (Another Losi Team driver.) People might love it or hate it, but you should at least know about it.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
It's somewhat difficult to properly re-chassis the LCC. If you look at the LCC skid in detail, you'll find the tranny and motor are sunk way down into a fairly complex and well done skid/chassis design. Most conversions simply bolt the tranny to the top surface of a thick skid and lose those original CG advantages. I would recommend that before you undertake a conversion, develop your car using the Losi hardware prepped up to the level that DelMonte achieved as Losi Team driver (find his thread). After it's as good as you can make it, then proceed with a conversion being sure not to lose any design performance in the process. While you're doing your homework, find the Rubbaneck tranny flip and decide if that's for you. (Another Losi Team driver.) People might love it or hate it, but you should at least know about it.
thanks for the advice, i appreciate the input, i had already done the tranny flip, actually did the tranny flip a couple years ago when i first bought the truck, ive scoured delmonte's thread multiple times, then and now, im in no way saying that i know alot, or drive it super well, i do not, but my issue now, and the reason i am going to build it in one shot, is that my stock chassis got smashed in a box during my last move, along with some other parts on the truck, so i have to replace it along with a few other things.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:14 AM   #74
Rock Crawler

Just to be clear, when you say you've done the tranny flip -- we're not talking about just putting the motor on the other side. The Rubbaneck mod centers the transmission on the skid so the driveshafts run right down the chassis centerline. That moves the motor through the left side chassis "window" hanging way out there, but covered by the body. Because of the Losi version of torque twist, the way left motor is mostly a good thing, but has a couple drawbacks. And centering the driveshafts reduces the power transfer angles of the joints.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

sorry, but afaik i believe this is what your refering to? this was on page 2 from 3/2014?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv3mind View Post
as promised here are pics of the tranny flip, and new electronics placement, receiver is glued to the frame and tranny, mmp is half decased and attached to receiver and frame, there is zero tranny/motor movement! awesome mod and glad people pushed me to do it! thanks all

here is a pic of how I did the mini T springs for the people who pm'ed me about it

tranny flip pics

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-05-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Yup, that's it. A lot of people think tranny flip just means reversing the motor to the other side, but you have centered driveshafts, so we're on the same page. Some don't like it because it makes the weight asymmetric and I have to use more preload on the left side or the chassis lists left with my soft springs. But I think it works well.

You're in San Diego area? Familiar with the BorderLine club? A past San Diego member of that group of people, Nabil, used to be a Losi team driver. He may have moved out of area now, but look him up if you can. And Jake Wright (DelMonte) comps with that group so you'll run into him at some of the SoCal comps.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:50 AM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, i am, I'm almost positive nabil moved to the bay area, we had chatted extensively when i was attending comps before. SD comps are no more, so I will be taking up with borderline group as soon as the build is done

I did find when side hilling it acted different side to side (even with different preload) but it was not enough for me to dislike it, infact the truck actually seemed much more balanced than stock overall after the flip, I did try to even weight in it as well though with electronics placement etc. The only drawback I found was side hilling, and all the pros outweighed that 1 con. I did have more frequent rollovers to that side, but iirc they all could have been avoided with slight line changes. Being able to run high clearance links, no one sided throttle preload, little drag in drive train, all good reasons, also when the truck was stock without the flip, the driveshafts would actually bind on one side if the flex was not limited. (This is an lnc driveshaft problem I believe the LCC driveshafts likely wouldn't have this problem)

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-05-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:00 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

And the losi axles under scx10 frame is back and running with a new body

Old 03-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #79
Custom Carbon Fiber

its starting .......

Axles are cut - just gotta weld them this week.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
its starting .......

Axles are cut - just gotta weld them this week.
Put me on your list!!!!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote