Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Back to my roots.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Back to my roots.

So a few years back I found a place that had a course setup indoors for rc crawling. Shortly after I started hanging around during competitions and realized that I needed to try it. Eventually saving up enough to buy a night crawler when they were first released. I ran in the sportsman class in events put on by Boston Crawlers and in addition to a new hobby, met a lot of really cool folks that I remain friends with to this day. After a season with lots of progression in the sportsman class, I decided to go big with a full blown moa rig (as a lot of us did when the XR10 hit the scene). I put in a lot of time getting that one just the way I like it, and eventually sold my night crawler and comp crawler. In the past year a change in positions has resulted in me not being able to attend all the BC events. I was free on a sunday which helped open up the door to scaling events all throughout connecticut and the occasional BC event. It seems like recently the sportsman class is getting more popular, that, combined with a soft spot for my losi, has brought me here. Time for a new build. A couple phone calls later, this was delivered.

Brand new old stock, with a nice discount. Knowing the history of the vehicle first thing I had to check was its number. I knew when I opened it up and found a bag with 2 metal shafts it was an older one. I give you # 594

I'll be starting on it later this week, and try to keep it as up to date as possible. No crazy plans, just something tried and true to put a grin back on my face. Thanks for looking!
-bryan
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Awesome! Loved the story. Thanks for sharing. Subscribed!
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:29 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Back to my roots.

Small update. Got a bunch of my parts in, still waiting for my 20* knuckles and a few other odds and ends. Also raided my favorite LHS secret stash of annodized aluminum hardware, deciding to go with purple and silver hardware for this one. Should be able to get started on it tomorrow, after my scaler and drift car get finished up.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

awesome score on the hardware! and the rig also.
501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thanks! Wanted to get it done for tomorrow, but had to get my drifter and new scaler done first.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #6

Where, might I ask, did you find an old/new LCC? I was thinking I wanted to go this way but LNC is all I've been able to find new.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:11 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

There was one left in massachusetts, lol. I found another one in PA, who was willing to ship, those were the only 2 i could find.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Several LCCs in the RCC Classifieds lately. Some with little use.
anuthabubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Great story - and very similar to me. I just picked up a used LCC to play around with - doubt I'll be comping it, but at least one of my old crawling buddies still has his LCC and we are planning "unofficial" comps with each other.

I didn't even think to try finding new old stock - great find!
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Back to my roots. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
-getting back to my roots shafty build- Chaotic Crawlers Axial AX-10 Scorpion 128 03-13-2013 12:30 PM
Going back to my roots! BuckImod Venom Creeper 117 01-11-2013 07:50 PM
Back to our roots - Mini Mauler bash video! Zod Rhombus Non Crawler RC's 3 04-11-2011 09:52 PM
Where have our roots gone MdCrawler89 Maryland 20 03-03-2009 03:43 PM
FJ 40 & roots PABLOS Videos! 2 03-24-2007 09:41 AM