Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Alex's SuDu 2.2s.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Alex's SuDu 2.2s.

Hi all,

First of all I'll like to thanks Tomi for letting me run and test this chassis.

I just finished my rig, got the links figured out and the electronics wired. I'm just waiting for the C Hub adapter to get this truck running. I have a machinist issue but it's getting fixed.

Here's a part breakdown.

Electronic
-Futaba 4pl and r2104gf rx
-Futaba S9157 servo
-Tekin 4fxr with a big cap
-Crawlmaster 13t high fill, lathed can, lightweight endbell hardware, xtra hard spring ...
-Lipo 3s Nanotech 850mah

Front axle
-TAG axle conversion
-VP wraith C Hub and knuckle
-Dlux no slop bushing
-HD worm
-Custom front plate

Rear axle
-Dlux chromo worm
-CF shark fin

Tranny
-Custom AL shaft
-Custom CF motor plate ( not pictured)
-HR gears

Chassis and suspension
-Team NCD SuDu
-Lathed Traxxas BB
-5mm Al lower
-3mm cf rod upper.

Misc
-FMJ mod
-Lightweight hardware

More detail to come.

Feel free to comment.

Thanks
Alex

Last edited by AlexG; 03-14-2013 at 05:45 AM.
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
WAM
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Alex's SuDu 2.2s.

Went together nice. From the link angles it looks like you're going for pretty high skid clearance. Looking forward to driving impressions. I see you wound up with centered driveshafts. What happened with the other tranny position? Right-rear lower link into the driveshaft?

Lexan sideplates? Are those just for fit-up, or is that an end-item? I always thought of Lexan as pretty flexy. Anyway, looking good.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Just give up! It's never gonna work!

Glad to see you running the bigbores! They are heavier, but so buttery smooth!

A brushed motor! Let me know how that works out! That pinion looks big, you might loose some smooth throttle on the low end.

Great build as usual, even though it looks like you murdered someone on your body!

Last edited by Tgreer; 03-13-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Fairly clocked axles there. It really needs the TAG conversion to get the caster right...
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Nice start, Alex!

In our earlier talks you mentioned drive shaft or link clearance issues. What was causing it and how did you solve it?

Tomi
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Lexan sideplates? Are those just for fit-up, or is that an end-item? I always thought of Lexan as pretty flexy. Anyway, looking good.
I sent out these to Alex for testing. Dr. Frank is using the exact same chassis plates but cut them out on his own in cf.

Once there is a final design I will replace Alex's sideplates with cf ones.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Went together nice. From the link angles it looks like you're going for pretty high skid clearance. Looking forward to driving impressions. I see you wound up with centered driveshafts. What happened with the other tranny position? Right-rear lower link into the driveshaft?

Thanks Bill, I think is due to the angle of the shot. Not a bellydragger but not a monster truck either. My shocks need some attention. The shafts are from 4" shock and the bodies are from 3.5 so I need to limit them a lot. I'll keep looking for the right shafts and if I don't find them I'll order some.

With the other skid I dont know about the driveshafts, havn't tested it that far. With a milled skid the left lower was getting into the gear holder bracket of the tranny. Anyway I thought the motor would stick out more but it's not that bad. Sure the chassis is leaning on the left but we'll see how she run and if that can be fixed with some tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Just give up! It's never gonna work!

Glad to see you running the bigbores! They are heavier, but so buttery smooth!

A brushed motor! Let me know how that works out! That pinion looks big, you might loose some smooth throttle on the low end.

Great build as usual, even though it looks like you murdered someone on your body!

I never tried scx10 shocks traxxialfest shocks

I like big bores, smooth, cheap and rebuilds are easy.

I want to give it a try, the pinion is 19t, the smallest pinion you can fit is 16t. I'll see how she run and if the motor can hold up

Looks like I ran over a pothead in fact I murdered the body, that's the original body of my lcc, I soaked it in soapy water for a couple hours and the paint was easy to remove with a sponge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
Fairly clocked axles there. It really needs the TAG conversion to get the caster right...
More adjustability is better, you can choose to run whatever you want rather than being forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Nice start, Alex!

In our earlier talks you mentioned drive shaft or link clearance issues. What was causing it and how did you solve it?

Tomi

Thanks Tomi, the cleareance issue as metionned above was caused by one lowers getting into the gear bracket but haven't really tested, I milled my skid, bolted the trans and saw that th bracket is right where the left lower is so choosed to run the other skid. To solve it I used the skid for the centered driveline. I can give the other one more testing but I like the centered driveline and the clearance I have
Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Looking good alex...
I can see that with the big bores, the chassis is long enough for the shocks.. With the dr. Frank version (same sizes) and the scx shocks, the shocks were a bit to much layed down.....
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by douwe View Post
Looking good alex...
Yes, very good start

Quote:
I can see that with the big bores, the chassis is long enough for the shocks.. With the dr. Frank version (same sizes) and the scx shocks, the shocks were a bit to much layed down.....
I want it a bit lower, so i limited the shocks to 85mm EtE, with 88-90mm EtE there might by no prob with the mounting points and angles.

Greetings Frank
Dr.Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Man those are some good looking spring cups.. Oh, the rest of the rig looks pretty good too

Looking awesome man. I love how the set up looks. And that body.. Sick stuff right there bud
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #11
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
Sure the chassis is leaning on the left but we'll see how she run and if that can be fixed with some tuning
When Rubbaneck "invented" the mod, he said he just ran down the spring perches on the left side shocks to level it up and had no subsequent performance issues. But I think guys ran stiffer springs back then so dunno.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Looking good alex...
But layed down shocks seem all the rage these days. Looking at pics of recent Ringer and CreationFab builds, their shocks look even more horizontal than Frank's. Mine came out a little over 40 degrees (90 vertical), which is about 10 less than I was expecting. I haven't figured out why yet, and it's not yet a driver.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
But layed down shocks seem all the rage these days. Looking at pics of recent Ringer and CreationFab builds, their shocks look even more horizontal than Frank's. Mine came out a little over 40 degrees (90 vertical), which is about 10 less than I was expecting. I haven't figured out why yet, and it's not yet a driver.
Don't know about a losi, Never driven one.. But for my own cars, i still like to be a bit around the 45degrees
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Man those are some good looking spring cups.. Oh, the rest of the rig looks pretty good too

Looking awesome man. I love how the set up looks. And that body.. Sick stuff right there bud
Gracias amigo

I had to put some on this truck

Quote:
When Rubbaneck "invented" the mod, he said he just ran down the spring perches on the left side shocks to level it up and had no subsequent performance issues. But I think guys ran stiffer springs back then so dunno.

Time and testing will tell.

Quote:
Looking good alex...
Thanks Douwe, I'm very bad at reading angles on picture they all look the same to me

My target weight for this truck is 1450g then I'll see how she handle and if it's not too light. Right now I'm at 1406g rtr except the C Hub adapter and steering linkage and the balance point is 7mm behind the front lower link mount at the chassis.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Here's a shot with tires on

Old 03-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #16
RCC Addict

You running any knuckle weight yet? Or planning too?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Oz Bruiser; 03-14-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Oz Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Alex , on mine with the tranny flip my rear shocks are the same, but my front I had pink Mini t on one side and red mini t on the other. The shock oil stayed the same all around.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Bruiser View Post
You running any knuckle weight yet? Or planning too?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, no KW. Not sure yet if I'll run some

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Alex , on mine with the tranny flip my rear shocks are the same, but my front I had pink Mini t on one side and red mini t on the other. The shock oil stayed the same all around.

Thanks for the tip Thommy

I lowered my uppers both at the chassis and the axle. I moved my shocks also. I'll leave as it is for the first run.

Here are some more detailled shot of the front plate.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Looks great. Love the front axle plate. I would buy one for sure.
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Won't the shock absorbers mounted that far out from the centre get in the way for the wheels when you turn?
(But then again, add enough caster angle and they won't...)
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote

Alex's SuDu 2.2s. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SuDu One - 2.2s / Sportsman chassis Tomy Axial AX-10 Scorpion 256 09-08-2015 06:51 AM
Alex's berg take I AlexG EnRoute Berg 195 06-07-2014 07:09 AM
NCD SuDu one crawler douwe Videos! 2 11-28-2012 02:36 PM
Alex's Axial whitty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 08-07-2008 02:57 AM