RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Team Losi Comp Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/)
-   -   Night Crawler links (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/team-losi-comp-crawler/519211-night-crawler-links.html)

Yamaguy 12-19-2014 10:29 AM

Night Crawler links

Hi All-
Just put HB Rovers on the LNC. Looking to make custom bent lower links now.
I'm looking to save a little time-Question is which screws do I need to remove to pull the lower links? I can dig around and figure it out, but if someone can let me know that has removed them before I'm sure I can save the time of removing thing I probably didn't have to!

Thanks!

SilmarilS 12-19-2014 01:42 PM

Re: Night Crawler links

For the lower links, you have 2 screws on the plastic center frame and 2 on the axle...

Yamaguy 12-20-2014 09:48 AM

Roger that. For the center frame screws- if I remove them an them alone will the links come off the frame?
Or is there more neccesary disassembly?

Thanks!

SilmarilS 12-20-2014 10:21 AM

yes they will come off the frame....

You only have to undo 2 screws per links... nothing more...

Yamaguy 12-20-2014 01:19 PM

Very good. Thank you

Hardline 12-20-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilmarilS (Post 5052090)
yes they will come off the frame....

You only have to undo 2 screws per links... nothing more...

Correct, but doesn't say it all. Unlike most link attachements, the Losi lower links fit on a pin held by a couple of brackets and the two noted screws. So yeah, it comes apart easy. But that's a lot of little pieces to reassemble in a crowded area, especially if you tried to save time and didn't disassemble anything else. You've been warned. :)

SilmarilS 12-20-2014 09:30 PM

You only have the slide pin and the two plastic parts that held the pin.... It's not like rebuilding a complete tranny!

Hardline 12-20-2014 10:29 PM

Actually, rebuilding the LNC tranny is remarkably easy. But you're right, so is installing the links if you can reach everything easily. On a fully assembled car, I found it to be frustrating. But doable.

Yamaguy 12-21-2014 08:13 AM

That was my concern. It's not brain surgery and I can see from the diagrams what stuff holds the links... But with grown up sausage fingers am I settin myself up for massive frustration by leaving everything assembled and trying to just work the links?
Looks like getting the pin holders back in and lined up might be a nightmare.
Suggestions?

WAM 12-21-2014 08:31 AM

The upper links attach easily. If you have trouble getting your fingers in to install the lowers, maybe temporarily remove the uppers to get more access. Also the outer end of the lowers install easily, so do that end last. But it's nothing you should be concerned about. Just part of learning the car.

Yamaguy 12-21-2014 11:53 AM

Getting the uppers out of the way - good idea.
Thanks for the help!
Maybe I'll just build some upper links while I'm at it then!

Great forum! Thanks for all the help and Merry Christmas