Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Settings for MMP w/ Novak 18.5 & 3S?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2016, 10:40 PM   #1

Default Settings for MMP w/ Novak 18.5 & 3S?

I have a LNC with some minor mods (wheel weights, steel trans gears, HD worm in front) and I just bought the Novak 18.5 sensored brushless and the CC MMP with the intent of running a 3S LiPo. Is anyone else running that combo that can speak to the MMP settings I should dial in before lighting it off? Thank you.
SgtMunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Settings for MMP w/ Novak 18.5 & 3S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtMunger View Post
I have a LNC with some minor mods (wheel weights, steel trans gears, HD worm in front) and I just bought the Novak 18.5 sensored brushless and the CC MMP with the intent of running a 3S LiPo. Is anyone else running that combo that can speak to the MMP settings I should dial in before lighting it off? Thank you.

Smart Sense, Crawler reverse, 100% forward/reverse, No Cheat, 0* timing, linear throttle curve (my preference), stock defaults for anything else....

And dont be afraid to step up to 4S. That combo will handle it all day long. I do 4S with a 15T pinion and 13.5 and its great!
GiJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #3

Outstanding. Thanks for the low down GI, very much appreciated. Soon as I get my motor lead connectors on friday I'm going to key those settings in and give it whirl!
Old 05-03-2016, 10:12 PM   #4

No good regardless of what setting I use. Rev works for about 2 seconds then stops. Fwd just sits there and clicks (cogging). I swapped out the MMP for a brand new one and have the same problem. Novak support says: "I can only guess, that this is a better question for the Castle folks, seems like more of an ESC topic then it is a Motor topic in my personal opinion. The very little bit that I know about the castle ESC's, is they need to be plugged into a computer to setup for usage with sensor based motors."
No response from Castle Creations yet.
Checked the alignment of the sensor and the marks look lined up, calibrated throttle, tried 4 different batteries, confirmed voltage, spread the components out away from each other to eliminate possible interference and no joy. When I unplug the sensor it work FWD and REV without issue. But then I defeat the purpose of buying a sensored package...
Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
Old 05-03-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Do you have another motor to try? What are your settings in mmp? Sensor wire is good and 100% plugged in correctly? Wires a-a, b-b, c-c between esc and motor? It could be so many different things, we need more info.

I would try a different motor because novak is hit and miss and that motor might be the problem. Is it brand new?
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote

Settings for MMP w/ Novak 18.5 & 3S? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MMP settings question desertdude Electronics 8 04-07-2016 03:41 PM
HH 3100kv/MMP settings??? sic1to Axial Wraith 13 03-14-2015 10:30 AM
Let's see your mmp settings! Justin82 Axial Yeti 15 03-12-2015 12:40 AM
Help with mmp/roc412 settings skogsvild Electronics 8 03-09-2015 08:18 PM