Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Sucker Punch LNC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #1

Default Sucker Punch LNC

Hi,
Slowly been assembling my losi for a little while now and still have a few parts to go but here it is atm.
- 5d sucker punch chassis, losi boss claws, hd front worms, comp crawler shocks with mini t springs, axial wildboar axles, hitec 7955, custom links, bluemonket weights, etc.
Still need a new micro esc to get it testing and also want some new wheels and tyres to suit my tag axle that also needs to be finished.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this rig atm? just incase im too far off the mark with the build?
Attached Images

nut161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sucker Punch LNC

Looks good so far!

149 r/c worx's Team Driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Where did you get the xr10 mod axle parts! I've been searching for them

Old 12-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut161 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions on this rig atm? just incase im too far off the mark with the build?
I have a Sucker Punch Losi CC. It works well. Yours is similar, and I expect you'll do fine. I use a lot of front weight in mine because our local comps have extreme climbs. And I use a 7950 servo which I think is higher torque than your 7955. Very powerful motor, Brood Axle Buster, and use the Holmes uncased micro ESC with 4S battery. It's pretty fast for a worm-geared Losi.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Looks good
rob5059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:12 PM   #6
mrG
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post

Ditto
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:02 PM   #7
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I'd love to hear a positive answer on this but I think you're out of luck. He mentioned tag -- That's Team Anti Gravity and they made a small run of parts a couple years ago. So unless they make another run of parts...

I have a TAG axle and also scratch-built my own, pre-dating TAG. Machine a 2-step aluminum sleeve that slips over the Losi plastic housing with the bulges cut off. The outer part is machined for an OD that allows the Vanquish Wraith C-Hub to press fit on. Secure everything with 3mm screws. For an axle shaft, weld the outer part of an XR10 axle to the inner part of the Losi axle. Done. Works. Weak link is the Losi plastic housing. Have to replace it once in a while. They're cheap.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #8

A fella here in Australia knocked up a limited run of them earlier this year, was just lucky to see it and get a set at the time.
I actually started putting it together properly today, just need to mod the axles. Then need to decide on what wheels i will run to suit, im thinking going the buggy rim route atm.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #9

Finally have the tag kit assembled to about 90%, just need the axles sorted and some new steering links and its good.
What with buggy rim are people using? is it the 2wd 1/10 rears or front rims?
Noticabely wider as well
Attached Images

Old 12-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #10

Quote:
A fella here in Australia knocked up a limited run of them earlier this year, was just lucky to see it and get a set at the time.
I actually started putting it together properly today, just need to mod the axles. Then need to decide on what wheels i will run to suit, im thinking going the buggy rim route atm.
Hey nut161
Any idea who made them?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:54 PM   #11

Tag kit in, body back on jsut need to narrow the tyres and rims and im good to go (untill i can afford better tyres)
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

narrowed 2.2 scorpios have been used before on some comp rigs, but that might be a thing of the past by now. ive got a set for my losi buildup.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:10 AM   #13

i have narowed my boss claws but seem to have a weird shock problem. from what i have seen people usually run pink mini ts up front but i need to run the oranges to control the front..... without that they compress and have no chance/ability to uncompress? little bit lost atm have 50wt in the front
Old 01-02-2017, 03:26 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Change you shock piston if needed. Krazed builds pistons. How well did the scorpios tires work? Looking for a good budget tires

149 r/c worx
Old 01-02-2017, 06:57 AM   #15
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
i have narowed my boss claws but seem to have a weird shock problem. from what i have seen people usually run pink mini ts up front but i need to run the oranges to control the front..... without that they compress and have no chance/ability to uncompress? little bit lost atm have 50wt in the front

Can you give us a little more info? What oils in the rear .... what pistons front and rear (color or number works)

Im assuming this .... Orange rear springs with pink fronts and 50wt all around with stock black pistons.

Try putting the red springs on all four corners and see how the truck feels through your toughest practice stuff. If the front doesnt feel smooth enough try dropping front oils to 45 then 40. If it feels best at 40 then I would say try going to a bigger hole piston and back up to the 45.

The Losi Gold springs that came stock on the LCC were always ideal for what we used. You could always try putting them back on and see what you think. Or if you want softer then you can try getting some of the Losi Black springs they came out with shortly before Jake left and they dropped the LCC.

If you cant find them then you can try getting the Kyosho Rock Force springs .... the part number combines the length and spring rate. My Losi build thread has the information on them listed in it, I cant remember exactly how they listed it.

Using them springs you feel a more linear (smoothness) to the shocks, youll use the spring rate better over the course of compression and rebound.

Orange rear springs with pink fronts is like having a locked rear end with nothing in the front. The rear is pushing the front down and the front doesnt have enough strength to pick itself up. Add that to the angles they are on and the shock just wants to lay down. Nothing wrong with the angles or shocks, just takes some time and practice to find what they like and you like. Matching all four corners to start and tuning each separately is a good way to start.

Hope that helps some .... had to dig deep in my memory lol
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:02 AM   #16
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Change you shock piston if needed. Krazed builds pistons. How well did the scorpios tires work? Looking for a good budget tires

149 r/c worx
The Losi bodies are too big inside but they make an excellent kit of different color pistons for different hole sizes.

But I did find the Kyosho springs

Got bored and decided to re-read my losi thread.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:32 PM   #17

Cheers for the reply, gives me alot to work with and tryout.
ATM i have losi red pistons, 50wt all round and the red mini ts all round. I dont have the gold springs but i have the night crawler silvers and comp crawler whites around somewhere, have to start mixing and matching i think
Old 01-04-2017, 05:41 AM   #18
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Cheers for the reply, gives me alot to work with and tryout.
ATM i have losi red pistons, 50wt all round and the red mini ts all round. I dont have the gold springs but i have the night crawler silvers and comp crawler whites around somewhere, have to start mixing and matching i think
That whites would be a better start if you have 4 of them ......

The golds arent shown but they are 1.4 rate

And heres the MiniT's

Old 07-01-2017, 10:08 PM   #19

Finally got to take the crawler for a run, went so much better than expected. swapped back to losi white fronts, i think i need some more weight in the front but was fun.
Made all those climbs
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

So, how is your XR modification working?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sucker Punch LNC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawllife's 5D Sucker Punch Crawllife Axial AX-10 Scorpion 175 04-16-2015 11:43 AM
Rottenbellys sucker punch. rottenbelly Axial AX-10 Scorpion 14 03-09-2014 05:22 PM