Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: LNC newbie questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #1

Default LNC newbie questions

Been looking for a different body and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what fits and would look the best? Any ideas?

Also thinking about doing aluminum upgrades, already weighted the wheels, just wondering what aluminum upgrades to do and what link bars would replace the top and more importantly the bottom?

Lastly, what about the steering arms and the servo horn? I'm not good at customizing things either lol

Last edited by Purged1978; 03-13-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Left something out
Purged1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: LNC newbie questions

It appears you're pretty new with the rig. Why not just drive it a while and see what, if anything, breaks? That'll give you time to do some catch-up reading in this forum. Money spent before you know what you're doing is usually money spent twice. Eventually you might be shopping some at D_Lux as he has some nice pieces for the car.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Im with Hardline's thinking. Drive the truck, learn it and see what breaks then replace that. Read a lot of the older forums from the Losi and see what changes did and how you can do them.

Once you're ready to upgrade theres plenty of parts available. Codyboy makes front axle conversions to get more steering using XR parts, KrazeBuilds has a losi base chassis and axle plates and Dlux offers parts for the knuckles.

Its a capable truck but takes a little getting use to and has its own way of doing it when you drive.

Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:48 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

At the very least, Losi 20* C hubs and all the LCC metal links. Might need different ball ends, too. It will come up a touch short of 12.5" but you can swap in Traxxas Jato rod ends for the rearmost four. I haven't broken a single thing on the truck other than a bent rod end from a 4 foot fall. Great plastic on these.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #5

Thanks for all the info, I've had it a couple weeks now and I love the way it works!! Mad a shock adjustment and weighted the front wheels, it'll go just about anywhere. I have read some older post over the last week or so too, lots of good info
Purged1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:00 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Once you're ready to upgrade theres plenty of parts available. Codyboy makes front axle conversions to get more steering using XR parts, KrazeBuilds has a losi base chassis and axle plates and Dlux offers parts for the knuckles.
Wasn't clear to me if Codyboy is really interested in supplying the community, or just doing a little short-term hobby-level fab.

D_Lux also has titanium link sets I believe.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Wasn't clear to me if Codyboy is really interested in supplying the community, or just doing a little short-term hobby-level fab.

short term "limited" supply

D_lux has links for the Krazed chassis but I think takes orders if you give measurements.

this is a good truck to run. even if you want to do a "scale build" its easily accomplishable.

read up. and just drive it around. if you burn up the motor and esc, get a brushless system with a 10.5 sensored motor and run that. welcome to the losi clan.

Last edited by CM9000; 03-15-2017 at 11:46 AM. Reason: k.. not c doh!
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 AM   #8
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:

I cant speak for him but last I knew was he had some sets made and was waiting on Axial Uni's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
short term "limited" supply

D_lux has links for the crazed chassis but I think takes orders if you give measurements.

Yup you just have to let him know they are for the Krazed Losi
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I have enough brass machined to do 25 axles, if and when that is gone I will reevaluate if there is still a need. So I guess it is a little more than a hobby level. To me it was a pretty big investment.
I have 5 kits that are complete including unis that are ready to go out the door.

Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 03-15-2017 at 08:07 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:14 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I got a scale width kit and a xr width kit both from codyboy, really nice pieces if you ask me. the scale axle is going on my swb Tamiya wrangler and let me tell ya, it needs it! lol cant keep the front end down on a hill climb.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

LNC newbie questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LNC Motor questions... JavelinSST390 Team Losi Comp Crawler 12 08-01-2012 12:14 AM
LNC shocks questions The Mechanic Team Losi Comp Crawler 3 04-13-2012 10:27 PM
questions on the LNC Flashx88 Team Losi Comp Crawler 9 02-16-2012 04:31 PM
new lnc few questions dipstick Team Losi Comp Crawler 1 02-04-2011 05:03 PM
Upgrade Questions (LNC) (Greg) Team Losi Comp Crawler 6 01-04-2011 08:02 PM