Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where do I go from here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #201
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where do I go from here?

Got a few things in the mail yesterday . Got my axle housing from Anthony, I’m for sure getting the rear axle housing too bud this thing is sick , I like it. Then got a bunch of mics. stuff for the comp crawler trany gears and outputs and stuff. Here’s a pic of the housing mocked up. Have a great independents day all
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-04-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #202
Quarry Creeper

Ok dummy question but I bought some brass rings from Dlux and started to make hangers for the vp knuckles . Well I was looking through my ss washers for a big one to start the design , then I found a washer that was about the same diameter as my brass rings but they were heavier then the brass ones so I scaled them and yes they are. Also they are thinner . So my thinking is drill and use the ss ones instead of buying a bunch of the brass ones . What do you think?, my thought is that I would be able to put more weight in less space then the brass ones ? Right? And I would only need the three holes instead of four even better
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-07-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #203
I wanna be Dave

Go for it!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #204
Quarry Creeper

That’s what I thought , that and they are just hardware store ss washers so to add more it’s a simple stop at Lowe’s or homdepot to get more.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

I scaled 3 because 3 is the same thinckness as 2 of the brass few pix to post. Just need to drill holes in everything lol.
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2019, 10:19 PM   #206
Quarry Creeper

Almost there! Ya me!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-07-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:02 PM   #207
I wanna be Dave

Lookin good! Cant wait to see it on all 4.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:23 PM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Thanx I ordered my motor and speed control a set of Dlux knuckles and a few other things this weekend. She is getting really close, down to a few things left to do like, servo rx/tx and get some nylon bolts for body mounts . Think that’s all . Close really close!
Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 PM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Gonna run dlux knuckles instead of the washers you just made to work as weights?

Old 07-08-2019, 02:57 AM   #210
Quarry Creeper

I’m gonna put those on my comp crawler with the vp knuckles. Just never said that I guess. I had a set of Dlux already and my ex threw all my shit out about a week after I bought the knuckles . I found everything except one of the mane blocks . So I had to wait till I could afford another set and was just goin to use the extra block for backup

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-08-2019 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #211
Quarry Creeper

Have most everything just missing some small stuff like the micro sensor pig tail some longer 3mm screws some blue thread locker ect ect ect. Things on the list to get , Dlux loaded dice wheels and weights a set of rovers from him as well . oh shit I guess ain't going to do much without a servo, I have it coming from Erik I got the Savox 2290 black edition he has listed.then I'm sure I'll need to get a good arm for that. Then its basically just back up stuff extra wheels tires voodoos and Sedonas . I bought some bully 2 tires too cause they were cheap but they are a touch on the short side . Oh well enough babbling peace out ya'll have a good one and thank you for the advice and for taking time to look. Hope I've helped some of you out along the way as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-14-2019 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:35 AM   #212
Quarry Creeper

Well got my titanium tube for my front axle and polished it up. Got my servo a set of Bully II tires gold compound and my supershaftys losi stainless steel chubs and knuckles came ,my castle link and my castle pig tail cam too all on Monday. Will be posting videos next. 👍
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 07-16-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #213

Looking good, almost too good. Hope it doesn't end up being a Shelf Queen, afraid of being scratched LOL. I went a whole week on mine before it got its first scratch, after that I didn't care and broke it in pretty good on the next few runs.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
roaoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 06:46 PM   #214
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaoro View Post
Looking good, almost too good. Hope it doesn't end up being a Shelf Queen, afraid of being scratched LOL. I went a whole week on mine before it got its first scratch, after that I didn't care and broke it in pretty good on the next few runs.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Thank you, lot of hard time put into this thing
Thats what pictures are for. I dont belive in shelf queens . I make stuff to thrash it.... lol if it breaks it can be rebuilt ��
Old 07-27-2019, 08:04 PM   #215
Quarry Creeper

I bought the stainless steel chubs and knuckles from super shaftys for the comp crawler . Man those things took some work to make them fit. Im not saying they are shit but they definitely arnt a bolt on item . I probably got an hour or so in each side. But they do look good !
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2019, 06:33 AM   #216
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
I bought the stainless steel chubs and knuckles from super shaftys for the comp crawler . Man those things took some work to make them fit. Im not saying they are shit but they definitely arnt a bolt on item . I probably got an hour or so in each side. But they do look good !

I had the same issue. I got the stainless right when they came out and figured maybe the set I got was just an early set that wasn’t perfect. I had to file and get them to fit, not bind and retap the set screw hole. For the price I wasn’t happy but the weight was worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 12:21 PM   #217
Quarry Creeper

Ya with the pins in the chubs hit the knuckles .then once i got them to fit the spacing was off once they were installed. I had to file the stops off the axle at the spool . Oh and had to re size the pin holes. , was a pain in the ass but yea they are heavy. Im going to make some titanium King Pins for mine today i think. . Who knows lol its sunday. I may just lay around and lick my nutz! Lol