Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where do I go from here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 12:14 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where do I go from here?

Thank you Ernie for the losi axle mod the stuff looks amazing! I can’t wait to get it done and run it now .
On the housing I drilled it most of the way on my drill press then I sanded it to fit with 80 grt. Sand paper. I still need to drill and tap the trumpets in and I’m going to use some Fusor 143 adhesive for plastic 1.1 bumper covers. I think that will strengthen any weakness I may have caused from drilling and sanding .
The Unis I need to get some safety silv 56 solder but I have them fitted and ready. Then I’m going to make a closure for the end instead of the zip tie .
I’m not the neatest or cleanest fabricator but i think it looks good.
Attached Images

Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Just a little disclaimer for Rattzos losi build. He is a very handy guy and wanted to take on all the machining himself, Much to his credit. I machined the brass and he is doing a great job on the rest, This isn't how I normally send out a kit.
Looks like your having fun!!!! I don't use the tie straps anymore either, between the screws and adhesive they aren't needed.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 02-13-2018 at 12:26 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:40 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Just a little disclaimer for Rattzos losi build. He is a very handy guy and wanted to take on all the machining himself, Much to his credit. I machined the brass and he is doing a great job on the rest, This isn't how I normally send out a kit.
Looks like your having fun!!!! I don't use the tie straps anymore either, between the screws and adhesive they aren't needed.
Ernie
I’m sorry Ernie I should of noted that in there about the kit. Yes I ordered it in pieces so I could do it mostly myself because I like doing things like this.
Yes I’m having an awsome time , the worst part is waiting between pays for stuff ( this week is solder lol) . Other than that everything is going together kind of easily for my first build. It’s getting close now just a few things left to do and I’m on the rocks.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
I’m sorry Ernie I should of noted that in there about the kit. Yes I ordered it in pieces so I could do it mostly myself because I like doing things like this.
Yes I’m having an awsome time , the worst part is waiting between pays for stuff ( this week is solder lol) . Other than that everything is going together kind of easily for my first build. It’s getting close now just a few things left to do and I’m on the rocks.
No need to be sorry, I was just trying to make sure people knew why you were having so much fun machining parts!!!
Ernie
Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Would anyone be willing to part with their stock LCC battery tray ? I know ya’ll are going to say run it on your axle or links but I would like to try the stock local . If I don’t like it then I’ll do the links or axle.

Last edited by Rattzo1; 03-13-2018 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:36 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Got my safety silv 56 today .
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2018, 05:11 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

I don’t know if I worded this thread wrong or if the losi ccr is that far gone but I am probably not going to post here anymore, ide like to thank the few that gave some good imput and a few directions to go with it and to anyone that followed me to this point ,Thank You.
Best wishes
Tod
Old 02-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don’t know if I worded this thread wrong or if the losi ccr is that far gone but I am probably not going to post here anymore, ide like to thank the few that gave some good imput and a few directions to go with it and to anyone that followed me to this point ,Thank You.
Best wishes
Tod
Losi owners are a rare breed any more on here, so don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of feedback for your build. For me I spend time here and in my shop to help promote the truck and hopefully revive interest in it as a crawler. Just my humble opinion.
Ernie
Old 02-26-2018, 03:21 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Ratzo im going to miss you if you stop posting here,we are a rare breed but I for one am listening.
Sorry I dont post much on your thread but it needs little input,you are a great hand engineer and I would still follow your progress.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Grip Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #50
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Sorry to hear. I love my CCR and LNC2.0. Not comping, just having fun with my kid. Love seeing idea's on here to get ideas...great forum and truck.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Well that’s good to know , at least I don’t feel like I’m doing it for nothing. So since my last post I’ve soldered up filed and ruined on set of xr10 units bought a second set of xr10 units and sent them to the pro (Ernie) to have him work his magic on them for me . Some87 contacted me via pm and said he may be able to 3D print me a battery tray, and wouldn’t you know it he did, and it turned out Awsome thank you some87 you’re Awsome .
I also bought some taller tires and just been stocking up on parts mostly. Spare axles and such. And my buddy grabbed a hustler chassis for me to build him for a crawler so he can keep his wraith a bouncer and I’m going to copy the chassis and downsize it a little and make myself one to tinker with . That’s about it I think
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

THANK YOU ERNIE YOURE THE BEST!!!!

Well with the axle shafts I got back from Ernie today I am almost done . I just need to mount a few electrical items , have to make a couple brackets for that but no biggie there. So I may be able to get this ugly thing out this weekend!..
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 03-15-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Well I finally put some power to it tonight, not the right pack so I didn’t take any pics, that and I need to remake my servo arm it’s too short but that being said it is a completely different machine ! This thing is Awsome now I can not wait till it’s done done. Thank you everyone. The axle mod is sick thank you Ernie

Last edited by Rattzo1; 03-16-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:46 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Well I took it out and ran a pack through it, may have been a little hasty but it was a good shake down. That being said i found out the goods and bad’s . When people tell you to loctite stuff it isn’t for said person to just let out breath! Loctite !!!! So ok stuff came loose , screws fell out but all in all it was a killer shake down! This thing damn near claims walls now . The articulation is crazy and immediate, I mean like it well I’ll show ya.
Attached Images

Old 03-17-2018, 11:59 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Well I know pics don’t impress “you” but it all works like it’s supposed to. It’s not all floppy like some of the Wraith mods I’ve seen on YouTube. It actually works and the steering is insane. The only downfall is that my servo sux but I have a savoxthat was in my C.E.N. Nitro buggy I just need to get a new horn . That and I need to remake both steering arm again . I don’t like the 1/4 inch it’s too cumbersome. So I’ll make them out of 3/16 titanium. It’s pretty cheap on eBay.
So all in all I don’t think I did too bad for my first build , I know it’s early and I’ve only put one pack through it but it seems really ... solid lol as long as it’s locktited. Ha oh well let me know what you think good and bad I want to know your thoughts cause after all this is my first!
Old 03-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I know pics don’t impress “you” but it all works like it’s supposed to. It’s not all floppy like some of the Wraith mods I’ve seen on YouTube. It actually works and the steering is insane. The only downfall is that my servo sux but I have a savoxthat was in my C.E.N. Nitro buggy I just need to get a new horn . That and I need to remake both steering arm again . I don’t like the 1/4 inch it’s too cumbersome. So I’ll make them out of 3/16 titanium. It’s pretty cheap on eBay.
So all in all I don’t think I did too bad for my first build , I know it’s early and I’ve only put one pack through it but it seems really ... solid lol as long as it’s locktited. Ha oh well let me know what you think good and bad I want to know your thoughts cause after all this is my first!
Looking good Tod! That is some mean flexing. I'm sure that you will learn as you put in some rock time that that much articulation can get you into trouble some times. It allows your tires to drop into some holes that could bind up your running gear. When you have time go back into the losi thread and you can read more about it. JMO all in all your doing a great job, and love the bug body!
Keep up the good work!
Ernie
Old 03-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Looking good Tod! That is some mean flexing. I'm sure that you will learn as you put in some rock time that that much articulation can get you into trouble some times. It allows your tires to drop into some holes that could bind up your running gear. When you have time go back into the losi thread and you can read more about it. JMO all in all your doing a great job, and love the bug body!
Keep up the good work!
Ernie
I understand that that’s what I was meaning about being floppy. It don’t “ drop down” all the flex is up and not greater than 45 deg. So I’m hoping it will be good. I think the biggest improvement to the flex is the width of the axlesto be honest, I’m sure the track rods have some to do with it but not all. Ya I’m sure once I get some time in I’ll know better but I’ve been trying to follow the guidelines as in length width flex angles and such and have stayed in them pretty well so far. One thing that will change that is I put wideners on the front to becaus my losi hex’s wouldn’t fit the pin on the xr10 shafts so I need some axial hexes for the front . And if it don’t work out I guess it’s back to the drawing boards lol, or get on building my mini hustler lol
Old 03-18-2018, 10:25 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

And I’m not saying it won’t bind I’m sure it will. All I’m trying to say is from what I’ve seen the only bind I got into so far is the cheap servo letting the steering turn too far when it all started to loosen. So I guess I’m just trying to say that I’m not arguing with it I’m more hoping you’re wrong lol.
I just tore down my front axle because it seemed to have a lot of free play like 3/4 turn on the drive shaft . when flipped over on its lid and I rotated the tires the pinion moved in and out about a mm apon inspection I realize now that I used ceramic bearings on the pinion and they are just a readable amount smaller on a mic. So I have to run 6 shims instead of 5 on the pinion. The rear is fine so far.
Oh and I bought a misc. lot of rc stuff on eBay and the guy threw in some old track rod because I drove to him to get the stuff . Well in the lot of rods he gave me I got 4 of the losi 17deg rod ends (Awsome) and I got two CCR battery trays and the receiver tray lucky find, I only need one tray so I’m putting the other on classifieds or if you read and need pm me it’s free if you need just pay the shipping

Last edited by Rattzo1; 03-18-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
JMO all in all your doing a great job, and love the bug body!
Keep up the good work!
Ernie
Thank you Ernie , I thought youde like that it’s too bad it was used I don’t care for the black on it but nevertheless Bugs Are Awsome,
Old 03-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #60
Hal
Quarry Creeper

What an awesome job on this build. I did a simmilar mod to my front end with the XR mod. Mine was modeled after Youngbloods rig. Check out his build it has some great shots of how he did his front end. The servo/battery/front link mount also is a truss for the front axle. I am using wraith knuckles by Vanquish, it allows adding weight on the knuckle with an RCBrothers adapter. My rig weighs about 4lb 4oz. The best thing I like is I can turn a lot better and I put my linkage behind the axle. I realy need to know what those tires are I LOVE THEM. I run HB Sedonas on mine. I tried a set of cut and shut Rovers and liked them a lot also. I shave the sidewalls on mine because I feel the side tread tends to suck me in a lot. Some guys I run with do and some dont, matter of driving style and opinion. The flex on this rig is sick, are you running a thick oil so it doesnt drop the tire in a hole? I limit mine to about one tires worth of flex, again my style of driving. I also have 2 MOAs that are setup about the same. Look forward to seeing how you like the way it crawls once you get it all dialed in. Mine will pull lines my MOAs wont sometimes. Dont be discouraged by the lack of followers on here, us Losi guys are a different breed. We are loyal if nothing else. I love my Losi LNC Sportsman! Keep posting please. Subscribed

Last edited by Hal; 03-18-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote