Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where do I go from here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where do I go from here?

Got my tie rods from vanquish this morning . Boy are they nice, I am keeping it simple I went with 105mm top and 120mm bottom . The only reason I went with this lengths is that it’s the closest I could get to the factory length , basically they are a few mm longer but equal . And then I’m only doing a single high clearance bend in the lowers that’s it .
I figured out where I’ve been having my problem with the length of the lower links and I know several others have done the same thing. The little link brackets that go on the skid plate can be reversed easily we’ll in doing so , it will lengthen your lower links by the length of the bracket. I put my rods in and my drive shaft wouldn’t even touch the output on the trany. Easy fix after I racked my brains for about 30 min lol. The only reason I figured it out was the pinion angle was pointing damn near at the ground! So just something for ya’ll to check or realize when doing track rods.

The first picture is the right way
The second picture is the wrong way but you can use it this way if you make your own rods. How do I know, I did it lol.
The the other two pics are my new rods installed on the back . Man I think they look Awsome and we’re the same price as stainless.

More to come have a Happy Easter .
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 03-31-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #82
Quarry Creeper

Another day of being stuck at work and all my stuff shows up in the mail early. Dang I wish I could retire!
Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Servo installed , goat3 esc installed , ballistic 18.5 turn motor installed, krazed builds battery servo relocator installed , vanquish products 120 mm lower and 105 upper titanium links installed. All that’s left to do is shorten some wires get them routed and install the receiver . I’m finally at the home stretch of where I want it to be . Other than tuning the esc, the pinions and remaking my steering arms ,I’m ready to rock n roll. Ide say another week maybe two
I thank everyone that has helped me get to where I’m at with it. If not for you ide still be in pieces!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 04-03-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:26 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Damn Dude,

You have been PMing me with questions, and I just quick read through your thread. Wow, you are totally kicking some butt. Way, way, way more advanced than you let on. Awesome thread. When I have the time I will read through again and probably have some questions for you.

Man, I am inspired to blow the dust off mine. Thank you.

Keep it up, and it is time to get it out and run it to get a baseline of the current setup (oh and have fun as the reward for all your hard work).

Nice Job!
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:52 AM   #85
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Damn Dude,

You have been PMing me with questions, and I just quick read through your thread. Wow, you are totally kicking some butt. Way, way, way more advanced than you let on. Awesome thread. When I have the time I will read through again and probably have some questions for you.

Man, I am inspired to blow the dust off mine. Thank you.

Keep it up, and it is time to get it out and run it to get a baseline of the current setup (oh and have fun as the reward for all your hard work).

Nice Job!
I appreciate that and the help that you have given me. I really have no idea what I’m doing . I’ve done what I’ve read and what people like you that responded to my pm questions . The difference with me and a lot of others I’m not afraid to rip into things I really like to tinker, it keeps my mind busy. And I don’t know what it is with this sport but I completely fell in love with it and I haven’t even really crawled yet... lol
If there is anything that I can help anyone with please feel free to ask. I will try my best to help you . And if there is something I’ve done with this build that I didn’t explain well enough just ask . I don’t know if ill have an answer for you but I will try.sometimes I do things without much thought behind it .
that’s what I was trying to make this thread about I wanted user(losi people) input and opinions on my rig . Never really got it , no offense Hal Ernie and eeppee and a couple others I’m forgetting. You guys helped to the point that I’m at .,with a few pms to people that I’ve asked stupid questions to but forgot their names to give props too. After all this is my first rig and I didn’t want to do things to it that are or were a waist of time effort and money. But as they keep telling me we Losi guys are a rare breed ( I think that means creepers) we watch but never really chime in. That or there just isn’t that many of us on here anymore. Idk lol I guess it’s probably the latter, with the bergs moas and such . I’m rambling again , so thank you again for the kind words and feel free at any time to ask if I’ve confused you at any point in my build. Because I’ve been confused the whole time lol.

Last edited by Rattzo1; 04-05-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:04 AM   #86
Quarry Creeper

I didn’t take pics yet but I had to put a small bend in my front upper links. I didn’t like the pinion angle so I put about a 15deg bend down just behind the krazed plate. It got my pinion looking better and looks pretty cool to boot. I’ll take a couple pics later
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 04-06-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

So I’ve been looking at this servo and battery and I come to realize that I don’t like how the servo lays on its side, so I think ima try this. Let me know what you think!. I ordered 1/8” aluminum plate to try it.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #88
Rock Stacker

Interesting...

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
Grip Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #89
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip Roll View Post
Interesting...

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
There probably isn’t going to be any major benefit to doing it but I really don’t like how the servo takes up the whole plate. About the only thing it would benefit would be the alignment of the servo arm and the knuckles. So it’s purly for me type of thing lol. I guess I like being different in some ways. We will see I guess in a few days when the plate shows up
Old 04-06-2018, 05:06 AM   #90
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
There probably isn’t going to be any major benefit to doing it but I really don’t like how the servo takes up the whole plate. About the only thing it would benefit would be the alignment of the servo arm and the knuckles. So it’s purly for me type of thing lol. I guess I like being different in some ways. We will see I guess in a few days when the plate shows up
it does look like it would give you more space for your battery and any additional weights if you can get it mounted / set up.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
One drawback I see is your servo shaft and horn are going to be pretty exposed to rocks. JMO
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:03 AM   #92
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
it does look like it would give you more space for your battery and any additional weights if you can get it mounted / set up.
That’s what I was thinking . With it on its side I have to get batteries that fit, with it this way I could use any mini battery.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
One drawback I see is your servo shaft and horn are going to be pretty exposed to rocks. JMO
Ernie
I thought that too ,but when it’s on it’s side it is the first thing sticking out the front. With it on its end it looks like the plate would be. Really I don’t like the servo on the axle I think it’s stupid ,but until the design rack and pinion we are screwed.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:00 AM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Everything showed up this morning. I got the HR trany gears,yes dentonmac the center gear just presses together . So I pulled the big gear off the top of the little gear for the mod . I got a 18 tooth TLR hardened aluminum pinion and installed that to start off,( I got a 16t tlr coming.). I got the HR aluminum front trany mount and the HR trany gear brace and got them installed. I got 2 sets of TRX-4 ss turnbuckles and track rods for spare parts . Last but not least I got my 6061-T6511 1/8”x 4”x8” extruded plate. As you will see I got the rig down and back up . Now it is time to make my front plate . I’m going to try a couple different ways to see what works best for my liking. I’ll keep you posted on how things go. Oh I almost forgot (well I did forget but remembered when I was looking through my pics) I had to slot the motor mount screw holes to accommodate the smaller pinion. It’s an easy fix, I just chucked a 3mm bit in my drill and used it like a mill bit and pressed it against the side to be lengthened and shaved off a couple thousandths . Its not perfect but it worked for me!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 04-08-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:27 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Well I got the plate roughed in and mounted . Now what do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

It seems like it’s pretty stiff. It don’t have a bunch of flex to it. And as far as I can tell so far i don’t have any clearance problems. I mean it is r and d the hard way lol. I really seems like it’s going to help the steering angle too, it’s pretty close to parallel with the pitman arm on the knuckle/knuckles . And it really opened up room for bigger batteries, more weight and looks better I think? Let me know you opinions or you thoughts on pros and cons PLEASE !! Oh I’m also ordering carbon fiber to make it out of too.

Last edited by Rattzo1; 04-07-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:30 PM   #97
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Keep it up. It’s awesome seeing what your doing. Nothing like some homemade engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tib View Post
Keep it up. It’s awesome seeing what your doing. Nothing like some homemade engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you tib
Old 04-08-2018, 08:14 AM   #99
Quarry Creeper

I finished it up last night , my phone was dead so I’ll get you pics later today.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I finished it up last night , my phone was dead so I’ll get you pics later today.
Looking good, the servo shaft is set up a little higher now than when you showed your mock up. Hope it works great for you!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote