Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where do I go from here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2019, 05:35 AM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Where do I go from here?

And so it begins...
Attached Images

Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2019, 07:18 AM   #162
Quarry Creeper

More good news my Dlux links and sliders showed up today finally starting to build this thing
Old 05-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Added Acer ceramic bearings to the trany and started the assembly. I still have a few parts to get anodized but it’s a start
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 05-26-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #164
Quarry Creeper

I just want to take a second to thank Rob from Krazed Builds and Erik from Dlux for not treating me like the noob that I am with my questions thank you guys very much! I have so many questions rolling around in my head and I want answers to all of them . I know you both have been asked these very same questions a million times by people like me and to still be cool about it is amazing to me. I think this is a big part of what attracted me to the sport . Thanx again guys and big thumbs up to you
Old 05-27-2019, 07:54 PM   #165
Quarry Creeper

Got the wheels all together need to buy some more black screws but lookin good
Attached Images

Old 05-30-2019, 10:16 PM   #166
Quarry Creeper

New toy showed up yesterday!! This thing is brandy friggin new . It was built and sat on a shelf . There isn’t any scratches on the bottom so I’m Keeping it mostly stock other than simple stuff like links wheels tires. I’ve already swapped one axle with my unstuck to have them both with a overdriven front . Also swapped my titanium links off my night crawler and swapped the center shafts and put the hot racing ones on this one. Probably one of the bigger upgrades is gonna be the krazed builds axle plate , got to have that .That’s about it for now . Oh how I love to tinker with these things. As for the unstuck it’s kindof on hold for a bit until I get a couple things from eBay and my Dlux /Dravetech shocks and I had Erik make me a set of his 7mm shafts into a set of losi/axial xr hybrid shafts so now I’ won’t ever have to worry about breaking the ss spacers off the axial shaft. Thank you Erik sorry again if I confused you .
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 05-30-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Working on assembly last couple days now . I got everything in the mail this morning. New VP chubs silver New VP knuckles silver. LNC motor plate,trany shaft set and TLR shock oil kit 25-45 wt. and my Dravetech shocks from Dlux. I have it pretty much built minus electronics all( going with HH brushless stubby) I think and a torquemaster not 100% on that yet I may get a puller pro 500 . Just haven’t decided yet. And I need to assemble the shocks lol. Little bad news on them I was getting stuff ready to build them and got sidetracked, had to run for a new die 6-32 . When I got back I’m missing one of the light springs. I tore the place apart looking and could not find it. So I think I’m going to run my small springs on the inside of them. I’m not waiting for another spring to build these. Oh and the rear uppers are closer to 113 not 125 like rob said in his thread. No biggie really . Just had to get a new tap. That’s about all for now . Have a good weekend all.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #168
Quarry Creeper

With the help of something Rob from Krazed said I finally figured out how to tap my ti. links . That being said I had to as said b4 I had to shorten my rear upper links looks like I’ll have to do the front as well just a few mm . And I had to make a new steering shaft my old vanquish rod was too short now with the new chubs and knuckles. So I measured it out using my old one and made a new one out of 2.5mm ti rod and for threads I used a 10-24 die. Works pretty good. So here’s a few shots
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #169

I just read through your whole thread, and wanted to say great job! I acquired a comp crawler earlier this year and love it and have been very disappointed that it's popularity has faded. Still my favorite rig....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
roaoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:51 PM   #170
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattzo1 View Post
With the help of something Rob from Krazed said I finally figured out how to tap my ti. links . That being said I had to as said b4 I had to shorten my rear upper links looks like I’ll have to do the front as well just a few mm . And I had to make a new steering shaft my old vanquish rod was too short now with the new chubs and knuckles. So I measured it out using my old one and made a new one out of 2.5mm ti rod and for threads I used a 10-24 die. Works pretty good. So here’s a few shots
Do I recognize those axles Razz?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #171
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Do I recognize those axles Razz?
Ernie
Yes sir Ernie it’s the same kit that I got from you last year. Dlux is building me some custom shafts as I’m typing this. I should have this a roller by the end of the week or the weekend. I see now the I have the rear springs on the front. And I need to buy another set from Dlux or run pink ones from EBay . Because I lost one of the soft springs . Really sux because I’ve been trying to be neat and tidy while building this and my ccr. I have no idea where it went . Oh well.

Last edited by Rattzo1; 06-03-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:05 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaoro View Post
I just read through your whole thread, and wanted to say great job! I acquired a comp crawler earlier this year and love it and have been very disappointed that it's popularity has faded. Still my favorite rig....

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
Thank you man. I appreciate that. I tried to build it cheap my first go. Well as cheap as I could get it. Now this time I’m letting loose a little And it shows . It’s just taking a little longer cause this man isn’t rich. Lol

Last edited by Rattzo1; 06-03-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Marking some rods lol. 2mm 6-32 thread and 4 mm 10-24 thread
Attached Images

Last edited by Rattzo1; 06-03-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:52 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

OMFG ! I found my spring. Loosing that sob has been eating me up. I’m usually way to careful for that. So I was standing thinking wtf I could have done with it because it was gone I pulled everything off the shelf all 3 levels and half the garage. So I was thinking I bet I had it in a little ziplock and threw it out when I was searching for it. So I pulled the big can in from outside. Stuck my head in and pulled out like 5 things and sure enough ther it was in a small ziplock ... damn that feels good !
Old 06-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

I tend to not throw shzit away if its rc related... unless I cut it up lol.

Nice lookin sporty build you got goin bud. im going to have to order me up a 2.0..
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #176
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I tend to not throw shzit away if its rc related... unless I cut it up lol.

Nice lookin sporty build you got goin bud. im going to have to order me up a 2.0..
Thank you. Yea I try not to throw stuff away until I’m done with whatever Im working on. Bet that that don’t happen again lol! Only issue with it right now is at full travel on the rear it binds the center shaft yolk. Easy fix but sux taking shocks apart . I shortened the top link ends on them and put a 1/4 fuel line stopper inside looks like I’ll need to add a 1/16 or 1/8 to the fuel line .no problems on the front yet. But I still need parts. I bought the VP knuckles and I don’t like them . So I’m buying Dlux this week . That and he still hasn’t sent me the shafts yet. Then its electronics time.

Last edited by Rattzo1; 06-05-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:24 PM   #177
Quarry Creeper

I have a question on the crawler vehicle spec. rule it states the maximum wb is 12.5 is there a minimum. This thing measures out at like 11.75 or so. And track width is also 12.5 ? Why so wide

Last edited by Rattzo1; 06-05-2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:43 PM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Compress your shocks and remesure at full droop it might stretch a bit, I dont believe there's a minimum, but you want it long as you can get, I had to shorten my rear links because it was too long compressed but they were delrin so that was easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:12 PM   #179
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikro383 View Post
Compress your shocks and remesure at full droop it might stretch a bit, I dont believe there's a minimum, but you want it long as you can get, I had to shorten my rear links because it was too long compressed but they were delrin so that was easy.

Ok thank you mikro I can put longer ends on it if I have to. It don’t shrink or grow with it compressed .
Old 06-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #180
Quarry Creeper

That's good it doesn't change, the chassis I used did and I could never get my link geometry where it wouldn't and I'd get the dreaded worm stall, had to use dig a lot just to settle it out, still have it in pieces been thinking of putting it back together with the stock chassis just for old times sake, had fun competing against XR's in pro class, only scale comps around Colorado anymore I could just make it a scaler.

mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote