Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Hot Racing Night Crawler Metal Transmission Gears - SNCR1000T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 01:29 AM   #1

Default Hot Racing Night Crawler Metal Transmission Gears - SNCR1000T

I recently finished a custom build on my losi night crawler. Unfortunately, the added weight of my 1/8 aluminum chassis and hard body have put some strain on the drive-train. This has left me in need of some metal transmission gears if I am going to continue to use my rig, because the stock plastic gears stripped in about 10 minutes on my first run. However, I was only able to find 1 set on ebay and cannot find anymore.

I have contacted Hot Racing about the gears and there seems to be no hurry to get them back in stock. Has anyone else contacted Hot Racing about these gears? I figure if enough people contact them, maybe they will do a run.
jammer55826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hot Racing Night Crawler Metal Transmission Gears - SNCR1000T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer55826 View Post
I recently finished a custom build on my losi night crawler. Unfortunately, the added weight of my 1/8 aluminum chassis and hard body have put some strain on the drive-train. This has left me in need of some metal transmission gears if I am going to continue to use my rig, because the stock plastic gears stripped in about 10 minutes on my first run. However, I was only able to find 1 set on ebay and cannot find anymore.

I have contacted Hot Racing about the gears and there seems to be no hurry to get them back in stock. Has anyone else contacted Hot Racing about these gears? I figure if enough people contact them, maybe they will do a run.
Are you sure that the added weight is your issue? I would be checking other parts of your drive train and make sure you aren't binding some where or have a bad gear mesh. JMO

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I'm positive its the weight. Prior to me screwing around with it, it ran great. I have 10+ packs through it. The mesh is good as well. I triple checked it, to be sure. 1 of my tires got hung up on a log while I was using it on its post modification maiden run, and the spur gear stripped.

Last edited by jammer55826; 08-21-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

also check your idler bearings and the main shaft bearings. I need to get some info together so I can post up how to eliminate using the stock gears and not having to worry about hot racing gears.

im working on the info collage this weekend. I have some gears on hand that I think will work, but im sure I might have to modify something. ive been half tempted to just use a big 48p pinion in the past and make my own shaft but.. that's not going to work for everybody.

I already know dropping the idler down to a pinion works. but I think I can get rid of the pinion mod with 1 saf berg gear. just gotta see what parts I have in hand. and weigh out what is more available.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #5

If we could eliminate the need for the stock plastic and the hot racing gears, that would be awesome. I would be interested in any solution that allows for more readily available, and possible more reliable parts.

Honestly, I don't really like hot racing parts, but they were the only ones that had any sort of metal gears for the transmission that I could find. These gears are the only hot racing product I own for all 9 of my cars.

Pics of my build are posted in my custom build thread.

Last edited by jammer55826; 08-21-2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
Tib
Pebble Pounder

Hmm interesting. I agree with CODYBOY, my sons LNC2.0 has about 40+ packs ran thru it with 4WS, weighted wheels and abuse from a 6 year old and the stock plastic gears still look great. On his we have gone thru a few bearings and 2 steering servo's. Otherwise it's a tank if you keep up with the worm gears. Fingers crossed we are still on original worms and tranny gears.

Although I do have 2 sets of Hot Racing Steel Gears that are still in the bags. If you watch eBay, HR has done a few runs.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like the worms may be dry and binding. The sticky at the beginning of the Losi comp crawler should be a bible for anyone running a LNC or LCC . One or two over tightened screws really bind stuff up on these things

Last edited by Rattzo1; 12-17-2018 at 03:49 PM.
Rattzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Hot Racing Night Crawler Metal Transmission Gears - SNCR1000T - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot racing LNC metal gears Rattzo1 Team Losi Comp Crawler 11 02-23-2019 08:29 AM
Hot Racing Losi Night Crawler Metal Tranny Gears Back In Stock! 2016 84yoda Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 04-06-2016 02:39 AM
Hot Racing - Night Crawler Parts 84yoda Team Losi Comp Crawler 58 03-19-2016 05:58 AM