Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: rschoi_75's Night Crawler SE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 02:14 PM   #1

Default rschoi_75's Night Crawler SE

I recently got a nice deal on a Night Crawler SE, and have been putting her through her paces. It's not too bad all stock. Major issue being the high center of gravity, but other than that it's a decent crawler.

Here are the changes I've done so far:
- Generic 25kg waterproof servo
- Duratrax deep woods 1.9 pre-mount. *The pre-mounts seem to work well with the light weight of the Night Crawler. Duratrax C3 pre-mounted wheels are super soft, and the side walls tend to crumple under heavier trucks. They do fine with the NC.
- Swapped out the receiver for a spektrum SR210 to use with my DX5 rugged.
- Removed all the scale accessories from the chassis.
- Ordered some adhesive weights to add on the front axle.

rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #2

Default Re: rschoi_75's Night Crawler SE

Next round of mods.

- 189g of adhesive steel weights around the chassis to lower the CG. Mostly on the front and around the servo.
- 20mm wheel extenders to widen the footprint.
- Tossed on a losi mini-8 buggy shell for laughs. Then it grew on me, so I'm planning to see how it goes.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Nice job so far, rschoi! I've been doing some similar mods to the LNC SE I bought for my son. I agree, these vehicles do crawl pretty well as delivered, especially if you're used typical truck-type crawlers like I am (SCX10/10.2, TRX-4, and so on). The SE even out crawls my Wraith out of the box.

My only gripe is that it seems like a lot of the upgrade parts that used to be available for the LCC/LNC have been discontinued. There's still stuff out there if you ask for help though like I did.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Thanks! I've been enjoying this crawler a lot recently. It brings back the nostalgia of driving my old venom creeper, except the NC is a lot more capable.

On another note, I decided to go down the "monster truck" route with this one with 2.2 bully tires and an old redcat E10 body. * The E10 body is convenient because the pre-drilled holes line right up with the NC body mounts.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the way it crawls & looks now.

rschoi_75's Night Crawler SE - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie here Hi ! First Crawler (Losi Night Crawler) First run on rocks video. Rearwheelin Videos! 4 07-05-2016 10:21 PM
Difference in AX10, Night Crawler, and Comp Crawler final gear ratios? shelljeep Newbie General 11 02-05-2010 12:48 AM