Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Picked up 2 LCC and not sure what to do next

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #1

Default Picked up 2 LCC and not sure what to do next

I’ll preface this post by saying that I’ve been out of the rc game for 10+ years now. My 7 year old has shown interest in the hobby so I thought why not?

Thus far we’ve picked up a rustler brushed 2wd, which is quite boring and has already been passed down to the 5 year old. Then we grabbed a slash 2wd which is set up well and a slash 4wd that’s set up really well.

The next purchases are where I need some help. We picked up 2 LCC “somewhat complete”. I know next to nothing about the crawler scene but figured it was worth a shot.

1 of them is pretty well sorted albeit running older Novak electronics. It’ll do for now. The second on is more of a challenge. It also has a package of older Novak electronics on it but it’s built on what looks to be a 1 off chassis of sorts. The setup doesn’t utilize shocks at all. The kicker is there is a crack in the chassis so it’s worthless and sourcing another seems to be a dead end.

My question is what do I do with the pile of parts. I have a losi comp tranny with hardened gears, dig Servo, a Novak 18.5 t brushless motor, decent steering service and what looks to be most of the small parts and a set of links plus tx/rx.

Is it worth trying to put this thing together so we can play at the same time or just keep the parts for spares and table the idea ?

Pics of the chassis

Spare motor, etc

Last edited by Hotchef181818; 06-14-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Hotchef181818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2020, 08:14 PM   #2

Default Re: Picked up 2 LCC and not sure what to do next

Ghost town around here ....
Old 06-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #3
RCC Addict

that chassis is a SSS, it was/is made by billet works. you can get a whole new one or possibly get replacement parts.

imho. build with what you have, maybe try a different chassis and go from there. this hobby/sport is all about learning and trying things.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #4

I’m all for that but not very well versed in crawlers at all. Now that the chassis has been identified I’ll try to get one since that’s the easiest route. Thank you !!
Old 06-18-2020, 04:35 PM   #5

I’m not sure it’s from billet world since it looks like everything they make is aluminum and this is Delrin I believe. Sent them a msg anyways to check.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
Tib
Pebble Pounder

If you build anything and need parts I have a bunch of new in bag stuff to help the build. Love to see a LCC come back from the grave. Don’t get out as much as I would prefer but mine has never let me down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:04 PM   #7

I’m honestly stuck with what direction to go with this pile of parts. Can I just use any chassis and swap the arms over ? Then add the electronics and pick a pair of shocks ? I guess what I’m struggling with the most is if these electronics will mount to a specific chassis, or I use the skid and get new rails. Then will the arms be long enough or do I need new ones as well.

I don’t want to spend $300 on chassis, shocks, arms, to mount 10 year old mediocre electronics when I could buy a $300 rtr truck.

That make sense ?
Old 06-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I would chop the rest of the torsion bars off the bottom of the chassis and run it with some short shocks (75mm or less I would bet fit just right). The triple S was pretty novel at the time, but torsion chassis can be hard to set up and it's already damaged. Should still perform well and have a nice low CoG, Billet works could probably cut some new side plates out if you want to stick to torsion. Electronics should work just fine, that was the go-to setup back in the day. A new $300 RTR isn't going to come even close to a stock losi.
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

That novak esc and motor used to be the hot ticket for tug hose losi'. They are much better than your average new rtr electronics. I have two of those novak crawler motors and the creep very nicely. I'd suggest either fixing your chassis, or trying to find a used stock chassis to build odd of. The stock losi chassis actually offers good geometry and strength.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:09 PM   #10

I think I’m going to attempt to find a stock chassis and slowly put this one together. I just picked up a traxxas udr and building a 2wd Street slash so this is getting back burner’d for a minute.

I may also just sell all the parts from the second one if there’s any money in it.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:42 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

If you build and run one, you'll eventually want the other for spares. I doubt you could get enough out of it compared to what you'll need off of it later.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:18 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Old Novak electronics are still way better than new RTR electronics. Very smooth operating, which is essential for rock crawling.

Go out with you 7 year old and have fun on the rocks with the running LCC. Picking tricky lines and doing more and more spectacular climbs is as well fascinating as addicting. If you both have fun, you will want to make the second LCC running again so each of you has his own crawler and doesn`t have to bag for getting the remote
Crawling is a great hobby and tons of fun, even for the younger ones. If I hand out the remote to my nephew, I won`t get it back until the batteries are drained
Stollenritter is offline   Reply With Quote