Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: new to crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default new to crawling

i've just started getting into crawling and lately have been just going around the woods near my house with just my roommate, but i would like to find out where some of y'all go and have some other crawlers to hang out with! i live near downtown chattanooga, but i'm open to other areas if anyone is close and knows of a good spot.
crawling hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

Your pretty close to Cleveland TN. There's a few guys that compete with us from Cleveland. We have a comp down at the Ocoee river spot a couple times a year. Your more than welcome to come up and crawl with us. We're having a comp at my place this Sunday......Directions

Stacey,Greg and Mitch are always up for some crawling. I'm sure they'd show you a few of the spots down in that area.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Yea if you want to come up to cleveland I have a course in the backyard that is a good test for setups and tuning your rig....just lmk....Stacey
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

thanks! that would be awesome! i've just added some more weight and tried out a new suspension set up with some revo shocks so any testing or advice after seeing it crawl would be great.

i'd love to make that comp! if for nothing else just to watch and get some tips from more experienced crawlers. i usually work on sundays (lame) but maybe i will catch a break and get to run up that way and check some of this stuff out
Old 09-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawling hippie View Post

i'd love to make that comp! if for nothing else just to watch and get some tips from more experienced crawlers. i usually work on sundays (lame) but maybe i will catch a break and get to run up that way and check some of this stuff out
If you can make it,great. We'll be running a comp in Knoxville next month,maybe we'll have it on Saturday. I'll see what works best for everyone and set a date. I'd kinda like to plan another comp down at the Ocoee white water center before the years up....that'll be super close for you guys.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

what time does it start this sunday?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Kevin Here. I'm in Cleveland too. Have run some comps with Stacy, Greg and some of their group and they are great guys. I have a couple of other friends in the Bonny Oaks area with Crawlers too. Anytime you want to get together just PM me.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Kevin Here. I'm in Cleveland too. Have run some comps with Stacy, Greg and some of their group and they are great guys. I have a couple of other friends in the Bonny Oaks area with Crawlers too. Anytime you want to get together just PM me.
Get your buddies and come on up Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawling hippie View Post
what time does it start this sunday?
We'll probably get started around 9:30 a.m.

We usually end up crawling all day no matter what time we wrap up the comp.

I'm gonna try to get down to the rocks on Saturday and set up a few courses ahead of time. When Randy gets here with the rest of the gates,we'll finish up the courses and run.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:44 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

sounds great! i actually work at the hobby town down at chattanooga so i won't be done with work til 5:30ish. although i maybe shouldn't have told you that as i think it could cause some strikes against me with some people but if possible i may try to ride up and at least get some real rock time with y'all.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I have probably met you then. I come in there occasionally eternally optomistic that your store will have some good crawler products or parts. What type of crawler are you running?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

haha yea good luck with getting crawler parts. i'm trying to get stuff together for them to order so we can at least have something.
i went with a scorpion rtr, but have overhauled it a bit. i should have just waited and gotten a artr, but oh well. i've changed to orange links with bent links in the back, changed to an aluminum steering set up, a novak 55t with stock esc. i'm currently waiting on a dx2 i have coming in and trying to mess around with the suspension to find something i like. i've somewhat got the shocks set up decent, but i've sacrificed some ride height. i'm looking into other chassis for my next upgrade
Old 09-19-2008, 07:06 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Any of you guys want to come over this weekend and crawl in the backyard or we can go somewhere else just give me a call 284-6819 Stacey
Old 09-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Any of you guys want to come over this weekend and crawl in the backyard or we can go somewhere else just give me a call 284-6819 Stacey
Stac... are you going to that comp in Kentucky? Man I wish I could go to that one. It's gonna be big! If youre going to be home sunday I may give you a call.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Stac... are you going to that comp in Kentucky? Man I wish I could go to that one. It's gonna be big! If youre going to be home sunday I may give you a call.

Not with the price of gas Give me a call we should be around...We are redoing our course and fixing the oval back up Got the skid loader here now
Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Got a few guys coming over sunday to do some crawling and rig tuning..If any of you want to come by just give me a call

Stacey
Old 09-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Got a few guys coming over sunday to do some crawling and rig tuning..If any of you want to come by just give me a call

Stacey
What time they getting there and how long are they staying?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Around 11:00 or so and stay till whenever Come on by and we will set up some courses and get a little practice in Just give me a call for directions its easy to find....Stacey 284-6819