Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: Chattanooga Indoor and Outdoor Course!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Chattanooga Indoor and Outdoor Course!

Hello all! I have been a member for many years, and have learned much from this site how ever I have not posted that much so please bear with me!....

My friend Danny and I are starting a Chattanooga Crawler club which I will have more details as time goes on. If you are interested in joining please feel free to pm me and I'll try to up date you there as well as a full post once every thing is started. We will welcome all surrounding areas as well and be holding events and get togethers around this area.

The main reason for this post is to ask for some of the locals to lend a helping hand. My good friend Brian at Brians Hobby Land, Danny and me (Steven) will be putting together not only an out door course but Brian has dedicated part of his climate controller ware house space for us to build and compete on an indoor course. You could say we have a fair chunk of floor space we will working with. I have pictures I will try to post of the space that we are working to clear and start building. What we need help with is some valenteer time from the locals and maybe if some can donate some building supplies...ie the cheap stuff like rocks,timber,dirt and things like that as well as help us manage the course build. Again who ever is interested please feel free to post on here and post up any ideas you may have for us. This is all being done by the three of us right now to try to get the crawler fans in the TN area to have a place to meet and have a good time together. Brian has also dedicated a part of his store front to getting crawler parts and hop up options that we have asked as well as other parts too. He is also fully capable of ordering threw pretty much any vender and is very good to beat prices. The space we will have is all on one side and the other side of the wall we have one of Chattanooga's best Scale Train groups. Any questions please refer to me for now. I will have more to add to this post as time goes on, and other contacts as well. Any help for now please post up and I'll get a messege to your post as soon as I can.

I have added pictures of the space we have from what it started to the progress we made the frist day. We are working on this and hope to have it done in the next few weeks, that all depends on the support we can get! Thank you for your time I am sorry I was meaning to bring my camera to get better pictures but the camera phone is all I had that day. I'm the hard worker in the mask and Danny is the one with the 80's camcorder. We will have pretty much the whole area that you can see.
Attached Images

Last edited by MountainGoat; 02-03-2009 at 03:52 PM.
MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Where is this shop and waehouse space located? I'm a local and know most of the crawlers in the area. It sounds good and I'm sure everyone will help, but do you have some more details? Is this the shop on Bonny Oaks?

Good ideas
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Is this the place on Bonny Oaks? If it is, I talked to the owner a month back. I forget the owners name, but he was extremely nice. I told him about all of the crawlers in the area and he showed me the space he had in the back as well as the space he had outside. I joked with him about setting up an indoor track for winter competitions. Sounds like he listened. That is awesome. I live across the street from the store and I am offering my assistance at this time. I know that Harvo will volunteer to help also, and I believe that Pdog and Dtwisted would probably volunteer too. Keep us informed about future plans and times help is needed.
lunatik888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

This is Danny. you guys are correct. this is on Bonny Oaks. Steven and I are looking for anyone who can help. we are looking to build possibly building 3 courses. 2 indoor and one larger outdoor. any one interested can pm either Steven or myself. this is going to take a couple of months but hopefully not too long. right now we are only working on it once a week. materials are a must, and that is the biggest thing we need right now. Brian at Hobbyland is working on getting crawler stock in so we will have supplies to help people out on their crawlers. I'll try to post alittle more later.
lunatik888. we are working on Monday's right now. usually from 11:00-4:30.

cavie98

Last edited by cavie98; 02-04-2009 at 06:34 AM.
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Talking Hell yes

I'm definitely in for this. I live on hwy 58 and will definately help out however I can. Harvo, Lunatik 888, and myself would love to see this happen. I'm sure others will be willing to help out. You should post this on the ERTC forum as well. Those Cleveland boys would probably be willing to pitch in. PM me when you guys are ready to get this going. We will be going to the Little Rock City comp this Saturday but will be available after that.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

This is great guys! I also wanted to let every one know that I will be running a part time service shop at Brian's as well, I have serviced nitro, and electric as well as set ups for on road carpet and out door. I have tools at my house and if the need arises I can bring those in house. Soon once the stock comes in I will also be able to make delrin links in almost any size and skids.Danny will be helping also as time permits, and the rc's will be able to be dropped off at Brian's. So aside from a place for Chattanooga to get to gether for this sport we will have service to get you back on the course if needed. Also You can post on here any questions as well that way to members joining this thread they will be able to see the most FAQ's. Either me or Danny will be available other days as well other then Mondays. Thats the day we are both off the most this comming week I will be off both Mon and Tues. Again thanks to all who are willing to help, the more we get on help and materials the less time before the play time and comps can begin!

Last edited by MountainGoat; 02-04-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Put me down for some of those delrin links for my 1.9.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Is that 11 am to 4:30 pm, or 11 pm to 4:30 am?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

am threw pm....sorry not going to be working till that early in the morning lol! But we will have other times as well. We have some nights we can be in store untill as late as 9 pm. Mainly those nights would be Wed and Fri...possibly some Sat nights as well. Again this will be when we can all commit to getting together and what times work for each other. I will have a number list I am going to try to get together for the ones that will be helping out if you wish to give them we can send a pm from one to another to exchange numbers. Any needing mine please send me a messege with your number(s) and Name and I will reply with mine as well and get with Danny to give them to him too. Thank you
Old 02-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Check out this thread. It has some great pics and video of an indoor course.
I'm all excited at the prospect of crawlin indoors out of the elements until spring.

TED'S GARAGE COMPETITION and MEDiC's RIG PIC's
Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

just wanted to let all know I will be at the shop tomorrow(thursday) at some point. probably from 10am or so to 2pm. maybe sooner or later depending on materials and help. have some great ideas already and the sites you guys post up are just what we need to get things rolling. if anyone can help tomorrow pm me. i'll try to check this thread later if possible.

cavie98(Danny)
----------------------
Quote:
" if you can build, drive, or crawl it, i can break it."
Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I definetely like the posters in the background. Maybe we can get some old Hooter's Calendars.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Default Monday course work day!!!

to anyone to would like to help, I should be at the shop on monday morning at 1030-1100. sorry i haven't been able to post the pics of the build so far. been busy at work. thanks to lunatik888 for the help on thursday. we were able to get the base structure built. now for the hard part, the ROCKS!!!! anyone liking to help just be there at the time above. if possible bring any wood(2x4's,4x4's,landscape timbers,plywood,etc.), screws, tools, rocks that you have available to donate. all is appreciated.

cavie98
Old 02-08-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Hello all! Sorry I have not gotten any updates lately I have been uber busy with work. I do have this Monday and Tuesday off that I plan to spend at least part of those two days at the Brians Hobby Land. Danny and I will both be thier tomorrow to work on the course and I hear we have at least one or two more that can help. I really appreciate all this and hope to have this soon to be the number one place in ChattTOwn to go for crawler needs and track time! I hope to see as many there tomorrow and can make it! Anyone that needs directions please let me know. I will be posting up a map as soon as I can. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I will swing by Danny's in the morning amd we will load my truck with the wood that he has, then we should head that way.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

hey everyone. first to pdog7, sorry i didn't get back with you last week, internet issues. i will be at the shop after lunatik888 comes over to pick up a load of rocks and wood for the project. i think steven is coming to help as well. hope to see all in the morning. course will be great. have some ideas from SV4WRC's indoor course. their course is wicked. probably the best i've seen. later.

cavie98
-----------------
"if you can build, drive, or crawl it, i can break it."
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

Default course site ideas

SV4WRC's Indoor Course this is the thread i got some ideas from. please look at it and post any other ideas.

cavie98
Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Trying to put together a trip to Whitwell with 3 trucks to get 3 truckloads of Rocks for the indoor courses. Just getting together with the other guys about a date. Also can get 10 skids tomorrow.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

Hello Every one I got some pictures of this Mondays progress. We have tons of great ideas and plans to come so keep checking the post and if you have anything you can help out with let us know! Special thanks to Lunatik888 for helping us out greatly and even Harvo stopped by to see progress and got us some more pallets for the build! Danny and I are greatful for all the help every one has given us and can't wait to get this project done so we can have a place in Nooga town to crawl around! Brian has already cleared out a good section of his shop for getting the crawler parts in and kits as well. So its getting close everyone!
The pictures show from the first moch on we still need a ton of rocks to go, but the general idea for the lay out is getting thier.We even had a small course attendant present, and even though the rocks where just set there to get them in one place for the time being she had some pretty tough lines mapped out! I had my 1.9 on hand for the profesional testing....EI ..JUST FOR FUN! I had to set the timer for at least one picture so you all would know I worked a little!
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #20
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Great start guys. Let me know when I can help in the evenings.