Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: ScaleTrailRunners Scouting GTG Dec. 12th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default ScaleTrailRunners Scouting GTG Dec. 12th

Gonne get together in the Boro and go huntin for some new spots to crawl in the Middle TN area. Got a good idea of where were gonna start lookin, but if you have some ideas, send em my way! Come out and crawl guys, the more the merrier

http://s6.zetaboards.com/Scale_Trail...8698634/3/#new

Matt
66sprint6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Found a sweeeeet spot, had a great time and DEF plan on goin back again soon. Next big STR GTG will be out here for sure!

After the foam issues in Alabama, I decided to ditch the taller tires for one day and try 2 new foam setups. The first was NO foam, but air trapped in the beadlock and a set of brand new 1.9 Flat Irons hacked to look similar to Swampers. Both setups were amazing today, and tho I did miss the height of my Tall Irons, these little tires still knocked it out.

Stuck

I waterproofed the receiver by puttin it in a balloon, but didnt wanna put the ESC in one so I covered it in RTV sealant and hoped it would seal...so far so good lol

Old 12-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Tricky uphill section with standing water/mud, Ice and a little lip midway up that nearly proved impossibly to get up, then right when my battery had bout given up and I was bout to do the same...she somehow found some bite and up she went.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
RCC Addict

End of my first set of batteries...the cold really zaps the run time down but then again, we were out for quite some time!

We warmed up for 15 minutes and I swapped batteries and tires.

This time I put on some reduced 2.2 Irons that I had all but given up on till it snowed this time last year and they ended up being amazing. They have crappy, non-memory foam in them which is probably part of why they work so well in the snow over my other setups. Whether it be the agressive tread cutting or the foams, these things flat out WORKED today...Im overly impressed once again and glad I got to mess with them again...only wish they were taller, but with some driving I was able to go just about anywhere I tried regardless.

WATCH OUT!!!

I made it up with some luck and watched as the rest tried and tried LOL. Some of the hardest looking lines ended up being laughably easy...and some of the more do-able lines ended up taking quite some time to master.

Last edited by 66sprint6; 12-15-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Another of many water adventures we encountered...this one ended up rough for both J-bird and I at one point or another but quick hands saved them from goin to far in the lake LOL

The next two shots are probably my favorite yet of the Comp Courier...she performs well and occassionally poses pretty well too! Cleans up nice Oh...this also happens to be the part that led to a couple big splashes LOL

My favorite water section, took some driving and a watchful eye around the dropoff into the deeper part of the lake but we both made it without issue!!!

Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
RCC Addict

The water that splashed on the rig from the waves quickly froze

Old 12-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Cool little crevass with a slight lip that made exiting a little more difficult that expected.

Finish to an AMAZING day of crawling...the weather sucked, but made it that much more interesting if you ask me! Look forward to haunting this place over the next little bit.

Matt
Old 12-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #8
Just jump it!

Looks like a mega fun place!! I would be down for a trip up there if I'm off work. Could even bring a few boats to run afterwards!
Looks like some great lines. Rigs look good also.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Yeah man, look for a GTG first of January at this location on STR! If you cant make that, gimme a holler when you got a free weekend and Ill meet you out there...and we laughed bout how awesome it woulda been to have had some boats out!!! Perfect place for both!
Matt