Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: Clarksville

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #1

Default Clarksville

Anyone crawling anywhere in Clarksville?
meadowstj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Clarksville

Comp or scale?

There are a few guys in that area that are a part of Scale Trail Runners. I think they are planning a run at the Rotary Park. If you are into scale, visit Scale Trail Runners.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #3

cool, im all new to this crawling thing, i normally run 1/8 truggies, just looking for some guidence. I just bought a pti goliath on ebay, matter of fact it isnt even in yet. i really need some schooling on scale vrs comp. rotary park is very close to me, thanks for the help!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

My advice: buy an Axial SCX-10 or Axial Wraith based rig if you want to do scale. Many, many option parts and upgrades. Don't get sucked in by the cheap prices of some of the other remote control trucks; some of which I wouldn't classify as crawlers. I'm not familiar with a PTI Goliath, but from looking at it on the web, IMO it wouldn't do comp or scale very well.

There are a few guys around that do comps. Look though this "Tennessee" section to see who they are. Comp, or competition, crawlers are just that--purpose built rigs to crawl in a course within a time limit. Can be "shafty" or MOA (motor on axle).

You can visit Scale Trail Runners and look around at pics and what not to see what rigs are ran for scale trail rides. Scale crawling is less technical crawling, and more focus is put on the appearance and performance compared to a "real" 1:1 life-size vehicle. One motor with 'transmission' and drive-shafts. There are competitions for scale trucks, but not much around here. Most people just trail run for fun and to hang-out with other 'scalers'.

One thing to keep in mind, this hobby is not cheap. You have to pay to play, so to speak. I don't mean that you need to spend $1000 for your first rig, but you do get what you pay for. And, once you start, the addiction continues and money begins flowing.

Read some, and have fun with whatever rig you choose.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #5

I can understand that, afterall, I have been running Losi 8ight t 2.0 truggies with well over $1200-1500 in them..... I was attempting to buy a project crawler, to build up myself. I have a Mamba Monster esc i wanted to use, really like the 4ws option on the pti, and everyone has a sx10. This is why i went a different route. Thanks for the help, guess I'll be different from the rest if i can hook up with some local crawlers.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

There are a few guys from str up there. We will be doing a trail run at rotary park on the 21St of April. Come on out,we are a run what ya brung group.
The only problem I've found with wanting to be different is finding parts,yeah everyone has an scx10 but chances are if you break something someone has a spare you could use/ buy..
Rob
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #7

thanks, this is all trial and error for me, truthfully i want a losi comp crawler, but lets see how much i like it before i sink a ton into it... could you text me the details or private message me, 931 206 6063, thanks again

Clarksville - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone in clarksville or fort campbell area notmanywords Tennessee 1 11-24-2011 09:06 PM
Crawling in clarksville CJM Tennessee 18 05-18-2010 10:33 PM
Anyone Crawlin In Clarksville? hulmt Tennessee 1 03-11-2010 11:55 AM
Interesting situation here in Clarksville. JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 6 12-06-2009 02:52 PM
Clarksville, TN MAJ Ales Tennessee 3 09-22-2009 02:05 PM