Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Tennessee

Notices

Thread: could b moving to tenn!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default could b moving to tenn!

Ok guys work might bring me to live in the Nashville area. Just wondering what's in the area for scale crawling, bashing, lhs, shortcourse tracks and flying groups. Thanx. Gonna b a big change for my family so looking to find some fellow rc gurus. Also into 1:1 rock crawling with jeeps and tube buggys.
rockrigcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: could b moving to tenn!

They're plenty of scalers out here. Check out scaletrailrunners.com only a few hobby shops. One in brentwood, smyrna, and murphreesboro. Also a few great places for 1/1 crawling.
King James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Scale trail runners is going thru changes, pm me if you make it to tn theres alot of scalers and some bash also. I run scalers whenever i can get out.
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

ill definately b intouch guys if this goes through. right now if it happens it will be late fall/winter, but could b sooner. thanx! happy trails!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Old guy

Better learn how to play a banjo or to sqeel like a pig.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

You could also send me a PM, there are several of us that go out and run our scalers, then hit the Ground with the slashes. Hobbylobby international is just south of Nashville and the have a fairly decent SC track and a Crawling course.
Twisted Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Better learn how to play a banjo or to sqeel like a pig.

You know.....We DO compete at the Ocoee alot. I was wondering what that sound was.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Well headed to Nashville at the end of the month to check out some stuff so ill c what's goin on for time when I get there. Definately hit up the lhs to say hi.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Cool, check us out on southernscalecrawlers.com
CRAIGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

i did have time on my trip to stop by hobby lobby in brentwood. although there is a tons of stuff for an r/c guro, wasnt very impressed with the crawler section. a handful of stock stuff and only 2 rigs for sale. time will tell.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
RCC Addict

yeah, i agree with you on hobby lobby in brentwood. it does not offer much to th crawler side of RC. next time your about TN, check out hobbytown and family hobbies-both are located in murfreesboro,TN. only bout 20 minutes apart. they offer a better/larger selection of crawler stuff!
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

The hobby lobby locations in knoxville don't have any rc stuff. Boo.
BAWLER CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #13

check out nashrcracer.com for racing, indoor off road,indoor on road, there also is a dirtoval downtown nashville,and a new outdoor offroad track just opened up in whitehouse about 30-45 from downtown.
dirtracer20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLER CRAWLER View Post
It's not the Hobby Lobby arts and craft store. It's actually Hobby-Lobby International. They operate an online store, and have a store-front in the warehouse from which they ship the online stuff. Brentwood location is their only one.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLER CRAWLER View Post

but Hobbytown in turkey creek has a bunch of SC and crawler stuff.
jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #16

I'm in Clarksville. It's pretty close to Nashville. We have a decent indoor SC track but the hours are a no go for those of us that work long hours. I've been meaning to check out the Nashville area shop(s) and maybe Knoxville next time I visit my parents there.
UPS Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Hello guys my name is Jose aka "muddywaters" from the forum. I just moved up from Miami on a job relocation and started work on Monday July 2. I had some free time cause of training and took a trip to Family Hobbies, and aslo Hobbytown imho they have some decent stuff for the crawlers and told me about the clubs here and also told me that they can order anything that comes to mind. I've also heard people say about HobbyLobby does that one have any good stuff for crawlers and how far is that from Brentwood. I have 2 wraiths one for my 5yr old boy and for myself, I'm looking to get a Honcho now and start working on that. Thanks for the worm welcome to Nashville looking foward to trailing and meeting up with you guys.
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Hello guys my name is Jose aka "muddywaters" from the forum. I just moved up from Miami on a job relocation and started work on Monday July 2. I had some free time cause of training and took a trip to Family Hobbies, and aslo Hobbytown imho they have some decent stuff for the crawlers and told me about the clubs here and also told me that they can order anything that comes to mind. I've also heard people say about HobbyLobby does that one have any good stuff for crawlers and how far is that from Brentwood. I have 2 wraiths one for my 5yr old boy and for myself, I'm looking to get a Honcho now and start working on that. Thanks for the worm welcome to Nashville looking foward to trailing and meeting up with you guys.

Welcome Jose!
Hobby Lobby international is located in Brentwood. Last time I was there they had a small selection but the employee left a lot to be desired.I asked about a driveshaft and all he could do was point me in a general direction and tell me I would have to look for it.....
But anyways welcome to nashville,hope to see ya out on the trail sometime!
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Hey brother how you doing. I should have posted this sooner but last week I took a drive to Hobby lobby and had a good experiance there and crawled a bit to get my crawl on until I can meet up with you guys to get familiar on were you guys crawl at cause I did not even know how close HL was from were I'm staying at. I looked around and asked some question he actually helped me out quite bit and took some pictures of my wraith to post up. He also showed me that on the side of the shop were the trees and the dirt is at, they are working on adding more rocks and obsticles to make it more of a scale trail area for the scale trucks and that some of the guys meet there to practice or just head out to were they are going to trail at. Thanks jessejoe, looking foward to hitting the trails with you guys..
muddywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #20

A friend an I visited Hobbly Lobby Int in Brentwood and Hobbytown in Murfreesboro Saturday. Neither had much to sell for crawling although Hobby Lobby had a pretty decent area set up for crawling. So far the best shop I've been to was the RC Hobby Barn in Huntsville, Alabama.
UPS Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote

could b moving to tenn! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More power and faster moving forward than moving backwards? StickyWheels Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 8 01-07-2012 09:11 PM
Shafty comp in tenn. alabamaman Alabama 7 07-13-2010 08:53 PM
west tenn cj7-377 Tennessee 0 04-12-2009 07:18 PM
Mid Tenn GTG Badd Tennessee 3 07-28-2008 04:18 PM
Attention Middle Tenn Kamikaze Tennessee 2 08-13-2006 08:35 PM