RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tennessee (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tennessee/)
-   -   Laid Back Comps Coming Up (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tennessee/392249-laid-back-comps-coming-up.html)

Harvo 07-08-2012 10:26 PM

Laid Back Comps Coming Up

FYI look for these threads soon in the comp section...They will be some of our laid back events.

ETRC OLD RUBBER COMP : This one will be for 2.2 pro and 2.2s rigs just like a typical comp with one exception. No tires newer than Panther Cougars. That means No Pins... No Rovers... No Sedonas... No Leopards. So dig out your cougars, Rock Claws, Lizzards, Mashers, Moabs or a 2.2 scale tire. Were going to comp them :mrgreen: You can run a newer tire if you don't have old tires, but you won't be eligable for the money spots "thumbsup"

ETRC Rigs Gone Wild : Scaler Poker Run / Hill Climb / Multiple Lap Timed Obstacle Course (no water).

dentonmac 07-09-2012 06:45 AM

Very cool!

Do Comp Claws count? I may have to be changing the Rock Claws from from pro to S mid comp.

Power to the people that have too much old RC stuff laying around. You are just enabling my pack rat ways!

Grandmasboy 07-09-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Laid Back Comps Coming Up

How old are Badlands?

Lushtrucker 07-09-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmasboy (Post 3814924)
How old are Badlands?

Pretty sure badlands should be allowed, they've been around in some form or another longer than axial has made crawlers.

Grandmasboy 07-09-2012 02:45 PM

Sweet. That would keep me from going on a tire hunt.

Harvo 07-09-2012 03:20 PM

Yup... I think every tire mentioned is good to go "thumbsup"

greencrawler 07-09-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmasboy (Post 3815289)
Sweet. That would keep me from going on a tire hunt.

How many sets of those do you have, I'll have to find something all I have is boss claws:shock:

Grandmasboy 07-09-2012 04:18 PM

Just one, but I may have some Comp Claws, and maybe some Hammers.

Harvo 07-09-2012 05:00 PM

I think i have some spare panthers and some rock lizards. I wish i could find my claws. Not boss...but rock. They are tiny even compared to cougars.

cavie98 07-10-2012 01:34 PM

Can the tires be modified? Do they have to be in stock form or can they be made taller? Just wondering. Sounds great. Any idea when?

chicklet 07-10-2012 01:37 PM

Sounds like fun....I'm up for some laid back comps. I gots lots brewing.

Don't have any old crawler tires though. If you allow scale tires, I have those. The R35 Ripsaws climb pretty darn well.

Monstergt 07-10-2012 02:24 PM

I could be in for this if it's close to the house and I can find tires. Sounds FUN!!!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Harvo 07-10-2012 03:47 PM

No cut and shuts. Scale tires are ok (if) you don't have old comp tires.

SINister 07-10-2012 07:26 PM

When are you thinking about doing this Harvo?

BiLLy bOb 07-11-2012 03:29 PM

i assume the old imex swamp dogs are fine? any dates picked yet?

Harvo 07-12-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINister (Post 3817233)
When are you thinking about doing this Harvo?

Maybe the end of this month or beginning of August. Is Northshore still covered over with vegitation or did they groom it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLy bOb (Post 3818323)
i assume the old imex swamp dogs are fine? any dates picked yet?

Oh yeah "thumbsup"

SINister 07-12-2012 03:33 PM

It's still grown over. I don't think it will support a large group again without some work.

dentonmac 07-13-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINister (Post 3819664)
It's still grown over. I don't think it will support a large group again without some work.

The waterfall side may be good, I just don't usually make it down that far. We will check it out next practice session over there. If we quit getting rained out.

I mounted up my Rock Claws, my goodness they are so small and hard. I have them soaking in simple green trying to soften them up. They are so old they will probably just disintegrate if I leave them too long.

What is the rule for starting a comp with tires and finishing on the foams?

SINister 07-13-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentonmac (Post 3820763)
What is the rule for starting a comp with tires and finishing on the foams?

:lmao:

Yeah we may be able to move down a little and see how it is. We're going to try and sneak out there tonight if the weather holds out. I am half tempted to see if they would let us clean it up a bit but it doesn't seem to get used for comps much any more.

Harvo 07-13-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SINister (Post 3820919)
:lmao:

Yeah we may be able to move down a little and see how it is. We're going to try and sneak out there tonight if the weather holds out. I am half tempted to see if they would let us clean it up a bit but it doesn't seem to get used for comps much any more.

Maybe we could have an etrc clean up day there. I think w will use it more next season. It just got to where every time we were there it seemed like we were using the same rocks...usually the ones close to the cars. Now that it's had a break for a while it will be more interesting again. Especially if we use different rocks farther in. The rock there is great ! The mud there sux though if it's wet.